01WG- Warriors of Glory TR All Welcome!

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Chieftan, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Chieftan

[IMG]

01WG-Warriors of Glory

Looking for an outfit that fights hard together and never backs down? Then we are the group for you, the Warriors of Glory are a community of players who work together via Teamspeak 3 and the in game features to come together and form multiple platoons. We constantly push the enemy back doing what we can to help the fight, organised and growing incredibly fast, we are looking for more members to help the fight!
    We have over 500 members already! You can be part of them, pushing forward in tanks, gunning down from the sky or grinding through men as we march together! All are welcome to our fighting force, as we see everyone as the warrior they are.

We are not here to troll anyone or to make people left out, we are here to bring everyone together in whatever way we can. WG runs on several games, such as: MechWarrior Online, Forsaken World and more. All our information can be found at our website at www.wgclan.co.uk . We have a Teamspeak 3 server at ts.wgclan.net with no password, so join anytime!

You can contact us in game, via our website, or preferably join onto our Teamspeak server so that we can really meet you, also if you are wanting an invite you do need to be online at the same time as us, so hence why Teamspeak is the best point of contact.

Come see what you can do, lets make some noise and smash some heads, but best of all lets do it together as one, as friends!
    • Up x 5
  2. OmniTG

Started playing for Warriors of Glory a few days ago and I really like playing in this outfit, I've gotten the oppertunity be squad leader and Platoon Leader. If you wanna take a look at what we do you could head over to my stream.

http://sv.twitch.tv/omnitg

So come join us in death or glory!
  3. MastarChief

I would like to join my in name game is MastarChief
  4. toph1980

Not part of the outfit but it's always fun playing together with the 01wg (always kicking ***).
  5. Yzmurd

First Sergeant reporting on, sir!
  6. BruniTTo

If your tired running around headless, constant searching for something to kill, WG definitly is the outfit, they make the action by making the enemies runto where we want them. Before i joined this outfit i was lucky to get areound 50 kills 0n a 4 hour evening play, i joined just yesterday i got over 300 kills on 5 hours. So better join sooner than later. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
  7. Matlock0

From what I witnessed few days ago, it was pretty headless, no offence to anyone.

Platoon commander sending a whole tank battallion/platoon to cap a single region and moving on with no defence, so we were just losing everything behind us because all we were capable of doing was zerg on the next waypoint. The cherry on top was sending the whole outfit to the crown when all of the people were in prowlers/sunderers/lightnings. We ended up losing all the 5 regions behind us after taking crown. After that it was time to zerg Zurvan Amp. All the while platoon leadership telling us to yell "WG death or glory" and asking other outfits to join WG and get consumed by the zerg...
    • Up x 1
  8. omalley07

How would I join this outfit?
  9. Takoita

From what I understand, the same as any other outfit: ask for an invite in-game from an outfit member. Same as squad\friends really.
  10. JonnyMonroe

WG often runs 2 seperate platoons - 1 is basically a formalized zerg. Giving these guys squad waypoints is pretty futuile, since they'll just follow whoever is in front of them 9 times out of 10. If you give them squad points they end up fighting on each other's points and scattered around the map. The best you can hope to do with this platoon is a platoon waypoint and watch them fight.

The second platoon we run is more organized, players that are required to be on teamspeak (I know, but it's better than game chat). We have drills and squad manoeuvre training. Normally 3 squads running their own objectives with a 3rd floating squad moving to provide backup where needed. Sometimes we'll Swap it around to tank, infantry and air squads.

If you joined a public platoon, you're basically just in the zerg.

*edit* - The shouting is dumb, I know.
  11. Chieftan

Heya there guys quite a lot of changes have been happening with 01WG, so check out our website, or Teamspeak server at ts.wgclan.net or www.wgclan.co.uk. We now have over 1100 Members, a Weekly Podcast and much much more, including much tighter organisation.
  12. Chieftan

a new recruitment video for you all to see
  13. Alexus

So this is the famed 01WG ;)
  14. Gimpsy

Famed for what ?
    I remember this name of ppl messing around at the indar warpgate and never seen usefull things in battle.
  15. Matlock0

Yeah tbh I never see these guys organized at any point. I would be interested to hear what they've actually accomplished with their hundreds of members. So many of their outfit members go on their own.
    Any strategy I've heard from their leadership in the orders channel is recruiting more and more members.

How about taking that Indar bonus away from Vanu by capturing all their regions? And by that I don't mean starting from Crown and grind a threeway with NC + Vanu, but from denying their Hvar Tech plant so we won't see as many magriders. You have numbers but I haven't seen much from them.
  16. Bellicosity

I have no idea where Matlock is coming from. I mean, I guess you might see a number who are off on their own doing something else but there is always a squad full in teamspeak if not a full platoon doing something together.

I feel like he's expecting a large group like this to have everyone in the same platoon(s) at all times. Thats just unreasonable, as everyone's going to have their time where they want to run off with a RL friend or just want to kill people in a mindless zerg for Crossroads or the Crown.

Regarding the Crown vs Hvar, I cant remember the last time we actually fought at the Crown as an organized group. The last few nights have been at Hvar, Allatium, the Indar east side bio lab (cant remember the name), and the various bases around there.
  17. Matlock0

Having a full squad with 1100 members is a start, but from what I've seen from outfits of that size, they usually are doing something more with their numbers. From what I experienced in your teamspeak (for the few weeks I was there) it was a core group of around 10-15 people at maximum while the rest of the outfit is totally outside of teamspeak. I'd say that's pretty low number of actually active teamplayers in an outfit of 1000+.
  18. Bellicosity

I think you're misreading what Im saying... at quiet times there's always at least a full squad on TS. Thats at like 3 AM, and on TS. There's always a platoon's worth or more active at any given time.

If you WERE in for a few weeks and didn't like it, thats your prerogative. If you didn't like it for whatever reason, please feel free to find an outfit that more caters to what you're interested in.

I'm giving an accurate representation of the outfit as it stands now. Low periods of time have 25 - 50 players online, at least a squad's worth in TS. High periods have 100+ online, and at least one platoon's worth in TS. Those in TS are highly cohesive and objective based, those outside are still fairly cohesive (admittedly harder to gather/lead those without mics) and will generally still stick with the group.

Im not sure what you're expecting from an outfit of this size, but from what I gather you expect at least a quarter of the outfit or more to be on regularly. Which is not going to happen due to a variety of reasons including alts, players who joined and tried the game only not to like it, and real life obligations.

Im by no means a leader in this outfit, fairly new tbh, but I've been in a number of guilds in other MMO's and even lead a few. An expected 5 - 10% active participation was regular at any given time with a high of MAYBE 25%, and you could expect anywhere from a tenth to a quarter (or more) to be inactive but you dont instantly boot them because they may return or be casual gamers.

The smaller the guild the higher the active participation rate you can expect because it gets easier to manage who's quit the game and who's a casual. Even then, you have a small core group that is INCREDIBLY active above and beyond the regular.

That being said, this outfits active numbers to enlisted numbers are pretty par for the course for groups of this size and regularly sports a platoon on TS working together towards a defined goal and objective.

One last thing, I've never seen recruiting done for the outfit on the orders channel. Maybe I've missed it (which is quite possible because I dont play the game 24/7) but thats a big turn off to me when other outfits do it and I'd be sure to call out whoever on in this outfit does it. What I have seen the orders channel used for is calling for help at places like Hvar when we we're grossly outnumbered but thats seems to a futile effort because, as you said, most of the game's population is obsessed with the area surrounding the Crown.
    • Up x 1
  19. Gimpsy

First of all have a look at OWND. They got about 700 ppl in the outfit, but are still better organized.
    It really has to do something with the guys who are in a leading position of the outfit.

Anyway i have to admin matlock completly, btw i saw chieftan advertising in order channel.
  20. Chieftan

Actually any advertising in orders, was only with an actual support or attack order. i dont advertise on order ever to just recruit. Our main point is to try and get as many people as possible into TS, on the 30th once they have the ability to see who is actually active our numbers shall change, because all really active players are bloody VS, so we are trying to conteract by having at least some direction for the TR. We heavily encourge TS in 01WG things changed alot after u guys left, you guys hardly stuck around to see anything, What matlock has called weeks was not weeks at all more like 10 days. We have had meetings etc to sort things out and you guys havent seen what we have been doing since then. So take a step back and relax, its a game, if we arnt playing it how you want then so be it and go somewhere else, why do you want to fight over this, its not affecting your life and im not going to make this feel like a job for people by forcing them to do stuff in game.
    • Up x 1