0.75 LMG/Heavy STILL in the game!??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpaceMuppet, Aug 27, 2015.

1. SpaceMuppet

Really??? After all this time?? SINCE LAUNCH?

What happened to the LMG changes that were suppose to help address this?

The Same changes I got fed up waiting for, un-subbed and had a break ( MONTHS ago).

Only to come back, and this broken crap is still in the game?

How are new players EVER going to get into this game when everyone they run into is a HA ADADADADADA'ing, Using Shields, med kit spamming all in order to manipulate hit detection and client side making them seem like invincible gods of destruction.

In case you aren't aware SOE/Daybreak... no New players = Dead game = No money for you.

How bout you you just give these broken weapons unlimited ammo as well, and then make it so new players have no access to such weapons, make it so these weapons can only be used by BR100's to make it even easier to farm and turn away new players.............

All well, no longer a paying customer so I have no right to complain, going to go watch PS2 you tube videos of so called "skilled" players manipulating client side/hit detection mechanics via ADADADADA, 0.75, Resist Shield, Med kit spam in order to farm peasants, it's actually quite humorous.
  2. UberNoob1337101

It's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

All it needs, as well as other CQC LMGs is a velocity or slight accuracy decrease so they are restricted in terms of fighting at range where 0.75 ADS is actually useful for dodging bullets.

Tell me at least one situation where 0.75 ADS was a life saver for someone. It's good for strafing corners, but else if your opponent is at least decent at hitting something in front of them 0.75 ADS is meaningless.

And seriously people, stop whining on 0.75 ADS non-stop. There are so many threads about this it's like a trend to bash Orion/Betelgeuse and SVA-88 these days.
  3. SpaceMuppet

Ammm it's not that 0.75 is a bad idea, it's the fact the way client side/hit detection/lag affect it.

0.75 is very useful for dodging shots at close range because these factors allow you to manipulate the games engine and use it in a way it's not meant to be used for.
  4. SpaceMuppet

Wouldn't let me edit my post but the other reason is infantry don't have any acceleration or deceleration when ADADADAD'ing turning them into a god like crab on roids.
  5. Ianneman

Why does everyone assume it's about those 3 weapons? A medic with nanoweave + non-regen using NS-11A is just as much ridiculous nonsense to fight against.
  6. SpaceMuppet

I agree, However atleast the Medic has less HP and no shield.

If that medic, ran into a HA, and both did the side step dance of shielding med kit spamming, the HA will win every time.
  7. MarkAntony

the whining is real. the bads need to get good...
    • Up x 2
  8. WetPatch

So what your really say is the shield is the Heavy problem.
  9. OldMaster80

In fact I believe the way is not changing the 0.75 ads: devs should simply prevent players from moving ADADADADA by applying acceleration to strafe.
    • Up x 1
  10. SpaceMuppet

If they do that this game would be less COD like, adds to much realism to the game, target audience for this game are not people who want realism, even if they claim to do.

SOE/Daybreak wont do that.

Other then yes, acceleration and deliberation on infantry players will fix, a lot of issues and will work better with there client side.
  11. SpaceMuppet

lol at spell check check

deliberation = deceleration.
  12. Zombo

yup, the ADAD is real, though many people don't think about doing it when under fire, doing it lets your hitbox go crazy and unpredicatable, infantry should have the same strafe speed as maxes or a bit more, but current riverdadadancing is pretty ridiculous
  13. Scorpion97

Give proper rebuffs and I will accept the .75 ads removal
    • Up x 1
  14. Zombo

reducing the horizontal recoil levels way under the MSW-Rs would be acceptable, kthx
    • Up x 1
  15. FieldMarshall

I have never died to someone where i thought "If only he didnt have .75 i would have won". Never.
    I mostly play Carbine classes and i never had any issues 1v1'ing .75 HAs, and im not that good.
    Point is, you can blame .75 ADS all you want but you probably wont see any improvements in your performance, because .75 isnt why you get farmed.
    • Up x 3
  16. Plastikfrosch

its not only the NS weapons. all factions have carbines and AR with 0,75ads with high rate of fire (mostly between 750 and 845rpm) which makes it really easy to go toe to toe with HAs even with orion/sva users ( i look at you my sexy NC bandit carbine).
    Also i have a lot of fun with my SMG infiltrators on all factions. the first gen smgs are monsters and they all have 0,75ads. Also the NS carbines have the same damage output over time like a 698rpm/143dps or a 600rpm/167dps weapon and are really good to use even up to higher ranges (they are the most carbine like smgs you will get in this game).
    Also the default carbines are (im not so much into medic) are all good to play. solstice and mercenary are high acurate weapons and its not to hard to get the HA if you know how to use your own class and the Trac 5 is a cqc monster to beginn with and while using a grip it can be pushed over long ranges.

And for the OP:
    Dont try to fear all the new players. everyone dies in the beginning, yes sometimes its frustrating to run into an HA and you see the deathscreen and he only has 1 mm of HP left but often enough i get my kills.
    If you cant get HAs down with LA or Infil you dont use them right and if you are not able to get a HA down with the extremely strong AR of the medics while using your selfhealing, you are doing something wrong. They are stronger in head on fights, yes, but they are not indestructible. You just have to adapt.
    And also if you fear the orion/sva HAs you also have to fear cyclone HAs and NS15m HAs from all factions.
  17. SpaceMuppet

Im sorry but did you just try to compare the medic self heal to HA extra HP and shield?

This is not a whine thread I am simply stating facts.

FACT: The client side engine of this game CANNOT handle the ADADADA+shield+extraHP+ medkit.

It throws your hitbox all over the the place meaning although 12 shots landed only 8 registered for example and the players who know how to use this broken mechanic to there advantage abuse the hell of it.

You know there are scripts/hacks, ACTUAL cheats you can download that you can get to do this for you, and not just in this game in many games.

Absolutely hilarious.
  18. Zombo

sorry, but in your opening post you state not a single fact, you are just complaining that 0.75 ADS weapons are still in the game and ADADAD would be terrible to deal with for newer players, while at the same time ADADAD is hard to handle for pretty much everyone, no matter if 0.75 ADS or 0.5ADS, because of the way Planetside hit detection works

get some serious factual stats that 0.75 weapons are all overperforming over their 0.5ADS counterparts and we can maybe take you for serious
    • Up x 1
  19. SpaceMuppet

Would you admitting that planetside 2 hit detection can't handle ADADADADA count as evidence?

Because you just said that..... Which is the whole point of this thread.....
  20. Stormsinger

This just in: The class intended to be good at direct, face to face combat is still good at direct, face to face combat. This is one thing that has not been broken into non-functionality as badly as many other things.