•̪̀●́What does /report do •̪̀●́

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shendo, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Shendo

im curious as smed says
    John Smedley@j_smedley
    those of you using aimbots are being hunted down and banned. Remember to use /report. People are being banned left and right.

yet i have seen the same hackers who i know have been reported by many still playing days later?

but lets just say they do get banned (whenever that is) what stops them from making a new account and doing it all over again.
  2. VKhaun

Nothing stops them, and /report does nothing because they can't clear hackers as fast as they come when the game is so easy to hack.

Prepare for deletion.
  3. JP_Russell

Well, like he says in some of his posts there, they don't reveal their methods, but they are allegedly tracking them down, and there allegedly is some reason they won't be able to just create a new account. Who knows how true these are, but I'm sure efforts are being made. I agree that it's frustrating when blatant hackers go on for days without being ousted after being reported like this, though, whatever the reason may be.

It's nice that he's claiming publicly that they're doing something, anyway. Just hope it's not all a bunch of exaggerated prostrating.
  4. Infektion

/report does JACK
  5. Aahzman

Well, when you use that command, the function is:

int reportPlayer(string player) {
    // Do nothing
    write("Player has been successfully reported.");
    return 1;
    }

So yeah... obviously doesn't do anything.
    • Up x 2
  6. HadesR

It just flag's the player for checking .. They can't go on player report's alone because that in itself is open to abuse
  7. JP_Russell

Ha, ha, nice. C#, or C++? I haven't learned any of the latter yet, so I'm not sure.
  8. GSZenith

the sad thing is if you go on hacker forum, (goolge lol..) they have already manage to crack it.
  9. WalrusJones

THAT EXPLAINS IT.

Coders.
    This game is C++
    Your banscript is java, bad java.
  10. illgot

I am amazed at how in every shooter the devs state how they have a super secret way of permanently banning players... yet for some reason the cheating never ends and notorious cheaters always come back using the same variant of their cheating monicker.

It is impossible to permanently stop cheaters in a free to play title. They can make new accounts faster than they can be banned.

It is also impossible to track cheaters because they can fake everything from their IP address to the computer hardware.
  11. Ripshaft

/report sends a ticket to CS, who then decide what to do with it. In the case of a hacker, it would be sent to a section that deals in these things, it would be crosschecked with their ingame detection systems to see if there's any correlation or reasonable suspicion. Based on this it would be given a priority and passed on for evaluation by the in game enforcement department, who would take the time to properly determine the situation, and take appropriate action if necessary.

All their security measures are undisclosed, so as for the specifics of detection and how they determine unique users, we do not know and will never know in full.
  12. SharpeShooter

/report does bloody nothing, me and my mates are on miller server at Arroyo Torre Station on indar and there is a guy there spamming invisible mines! he has like 20-30 mines out! you walk over a spot then go back over the same spot a split second later and BOOM died. I have played this game ALLOT Im battle rank 70, and its getting crazy now. Cant get anywhere near the "A" point because he has so many mines around the place. ITS TOTAL BULL ........ we have all reported him but I bet I will see this guy again in a few days.
  13. rickampf

I think... if the guy was reported several times, SOE will at least investigate. But the cheater could make another account, right?
  14. Kurreah

Probably. There is apparently talk on the hacker forums that some of them have created new accounts just to have them banned as soon as they actually tried to log in with them. Other hackers have evidently managed to circumvent whatever this is however, and just start hacking again with a slightly different name.
  15. Morpholine

I wonder how many of you naive gentlemen also expect the police to actively prevent all incidents of breaking-and-entering.
    • Up x 1
  16. xNPCx

It is all a matter of resources, the Dev and QA teams have limited resources in comparison to the near limit-less resources of those trying to exploit and cheat. The report function allows them to look into each incident on a case by case basis which is to protect legitimate players from player abuse. No game is hack-proof.