“One”: A PlanetSide2 Player Community Spotlight

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by gregbown, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFS Lovenought

I hope that guy didn't pretend to make that speech.
    It's pretty obviously a lightly edited version of Governor-Militant Lukas Alexander's speech at the beginning of the Imperial Guard stronghold assault in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.
  2. darkstarzx2

I don't care what the other factions say; NC know how to bring the party!!! :D
    • Up x 1
  3. Takoita

In case you've never seen the madness that is the Galaxy Destruction Derby.
  4. Visk

aw yis one man army
    [IMG]
  5. DeltaWidow

Any chance of a Sharpe laugh sundy horn??? Special TR War cry :D
    • Up x 2
  6. ARIES666

I love that laugh one of brtd soldier. Like a psycho. The second video, it is just luck, i did the same but had 8 kills or something like that. one fast light assault lost in tr crowd, it is not new thing and not impressive, but interesting. And shame on you blind tr! Always stay focused even when you with a lot of you mates.
    NotNob, you make my eyes wet, proud to be Terran Republic hand of justice.
  7. AirSuicide

As the VS rolls over their entire line, demolishing their entire force and pushing them back to the warpgate.....

A VS General said this when questioned about the battle: "The TR fought bravely, their strategy was superb, but in the end, technology always triumphs, and we the VS are the fore front leaders. Our tech outstrips all others. To face the VS with rudimentary imperial gear which is far outdated and inferior to even the worst VS weaponry, is like bringing a knife to a gunfight...."
  8. AirSuicide

NC is failing because their crap is hideous looking.

If I wanted to play with tires and metal fenders for armor, and spring loaded junk yard can guns as weapons, I'd go play fallout.

-----

No, On a serious note let me break it down for you:

Each faction attracts a certain mindset of player (The ones that stick with the faction):

TR:

* Very militarized, Very strict, Very Organized, and of Course has the Dark red and black color which is so cool.

* This faction attracts "Military mindsets", as well as those who value the above. Tactics are their strength, Organization and the ability to thwart a larger force with smaller numbers.

* Their weakness is that this mindset is unable to adapt quickly, and generally will defend an area till the last man, sacrificing all surrounding territory, rather then regroup, adapt, and re push.

NC:

* The NC re Rebels, Anarchic, Disorganized, have issues with authority, Democratic in nature, and prefer to argue amongst themselves and be rebellious rather the organize a solid assault.

* This attracts "youthful" and rebellious mindsets, these individuals have issues with authority, trouble following orders and prefer to do things on their own, in their own way.

* The NC's strength is the same as it's weakness, it's Chaos, It's anarchy, allowing this factions members to adapt quickly to any situation, and making them unpredictable in their tactics. While at the same time, making them fairly disorganized and slow to build up any sort of forward momentum on the battlefield.

VS:

* The VS are a bit of a mix, They attract the tech mindset, those who prefer sleek symmetry, and artful design in their tactics, while not usually as effective in "all" battles as the TR's brute tactics, the VS tactics carry finesse, and although taking time to implement their complexities, the other factions fail to see them for what they are until it's too late.

* The weapon systems are also designed to be in tune with this, carrying high accuracy, rapid fire, and decent damage. Their vehicles are superior to all others where maneuverability is concerned. This faction requires the ability to think outside the box to fit in, and be effective.

* This factions weakness is mainly their tendency to spread themselves thin at key points.
    • Up x 1
  9. AirSuicide

Persoanlly I mainly move between TR and VS, I have no real interest whatsoever in NC, But I play VS more then TR.
  10. Wutaaa

People logging on to make films of themselves wasting resources annoys me. This is one of the reasons when I log on late, I'm struggling to resupply grenades or other resource dependent items.

On another note, the NC get a rocket launcher that they can control the projectile on?!?!? WTF?!? Watching that one NC soldier just sitting in his spawn room taking out multiple Scythes, without having to really do anything angers me beyond words. VS has a pos lock-on, and it barley manages to damage NC or TR aircraft and it does NOT work for me when I'm inside the spawn room. People being able to get kills while inside the spawn room is ********. They don't have to do anything but stand there and wait until someone walks by, or go find a large battle and just sit in picking off people like the above mentioned NC. These types of people aren't doing anything but wasting resources or getting "free" kills and disrupting game-play.
  11. razzmaster5

hello this is razzmaster5 from mattherson and I was in a large fight and we pulled a flank and forward push :D and we took it back even when they attacked
  12. razzmaster5

also I play mostly TR
  13. Jaycemonde

Pretty much this.
    I've always joked that Planetside 2 is a true example of art imitates life--the Terran Republic attracts all the players that complain about the lax rules and try to get new things banned, the New Conglomerate attracts all the players who just like to get drunk and crash Galaxies into each other for fun and Vanu players spend more time arguing about graphics cards and Bad Dragon products than actually fighting. Just like their respective factions, eh?

Your analysis of the general style of war each faction adopts is very accurate and well-put, so I applaud you for that. Sorry that I had to snip so much of the quote, but it would've been way too long.
  14. Jaycemonde

I can't really argue with you about the armor, but give us some credit! The guns are all top-of-the-line private contractor stuff. In other words, corporate guns. If freedom fighter-backing corporate boards know anything, it's quality firepower.
  15. DevDevBooday

Actually all gauss weaponry is stolen prototype tech from the Republic. NS gear is the corporate gear.
  16. Olymprix

Usually, it depends on the day, but, yeah. Me too
  17. Greddy

Was the name "NutBob" taken by any chance? :p
  18. VonStalin

So true.. NC has the best guns, but they don't know what to do with them, anything but just farming and camping in the spawn room. Thats all I see as NC player. My friend has changed his faction just because of this reason. As I am thinking too. This is like an epidemic :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.