Тhe Test Server...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by GenProteus, Jun 19, 2014.

1. GenProteus

So I finally downloaded the test server. I wanted to try out some things (new pistols in particular). So, I grabbed the NC mag-scatter and hopped in a vanguard. I find a Vanu sunderer.

Naturally, I blow it up.
    The nearby teammates FREAK OUT. They start screaming in chat and one of them C4s my tank.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what the heck are these people doing? Isn't one of the major points of the test server to see how new stuff works IN REAL COMBAT? Shouldn't people be actually trying to fight there?

I don't know, just seems counterproductive to be "dueling" or whatever.
  2. Pikachu

You interupted some outfit training at the octagon?
  3. GenProteus

No, definitely wasn't the Octagon.
  4. vsae

Clearly you misunderstood the purpose of the test server.
    • Up x 1
  5. Nerfav

When you are on the Test server, don't kill enemies you see :
    - it can be an outfit training or event
    - it can be a player only testing a vehicle or exploring the map (happened to me, we didn't shoot at each other)
    - it can be a Server Smash, which is a very important competition on Planetside 2, don't interfere
    If you want to try weapons, come with friends or ask to people.
    • Up x 1
  6. ShadowViper

Just keep killing them. Kill everything you see that moves.
    • Up x 1
  7. OddChelsea

If you want to be a dick. It's not live, people are there for many different reasons. Always ask in yell OP if you will be interrupting something if you engage or just ask what is going on there. I ran into a group of VS on the test server and they dueled me one at a time to test the scatter pistol. Our sundies parked right next to each other. It's not combat, it's friendly testing. Blindly blowing **** up is rude at the very least. You kind of did deserve to get C4ed there. (Wasn't us that you ran into)
  8. Rhumald

It's more about testing and less about fighting. Sunderers are valuable spawn points to facilitate testing infantry weapons cross faction.

If you'd like to test out tank features and weapons, kindly ask the other players if they would help you test them out (Feel free to discuss the weapons you're testing with them too, communication is valuable here). I'll gladly come on later tonight if you're up that late, maybe even convince an outfit memeber or two to join in!