̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶l̶k̶e̶r̶ Suicide cloak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Dec 30, 2014.

1. FrozenCustard

Not to undermine the crappy cloak mechanic we have ATM, but when your crouch walking you are able to stop and go into "deep cloak" instantly opposed to having a delay when walking and running. Also not to mention your smaller and not picked up by the radar thing on vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  2. FrozenCustard

Also if your having trouble with stalking here's my advise. Find small fights, engage wounded targets when the opportunity comes, take out snipers, recognize when you hear footsteps, and camp (but not to close or for to long) terminals. Your mines are also your friend for frantic escapes and when your hacking a terminal or overloading something.
    • Up x 1
  3. CuteBeaver

Frozen your absolutely right.

I'v been personally trying to work being more consciously aware of cloaking when I am trying to escape. Sometimes reaching deep cloak takes time you just honestly don't have in order to conceal yourself. Result is you get "seen" or shot. Its been a challenge to work on instinctively recognizing those moments and using this tactic (especially under pressure), but its worth learning. Movement is always situational so there are going to be times when its ideal to cloak on route to avoid detection or decrease the risk of being accurately tracked at a distance. Its also possible to clear spots, increasing doubt in the enemies mind as to where you went.

I really don't think many people straight up consider this advantage as being as valuable as it actually is. Its taken me a long while and a good deal of derpy mistakes to recognize. This is incredibly good to point it out. I think too many infiltrators get seen while they are waiting to transition between states and just assume their enemies had an excellent pair of eyes, assume they were hackers, or cloak sucks. Don't get me wrong bugs happen sometimes but you understand where I am going with this. Especially when you consider enemies are seeing your movement slightly behind what is actually happening on your screen. I am sure we have all had a moment especially when the servers are under stressed when we tried to deep cloak and wham an enemy turns the corner and opens fire very quickly after we reach that status on our screens.

One thing I'd like people to consider as well: When your not dealing with enemy radar, or motion spotters, crouch walking and being too slow makes you predictable. Obviously this isn't the case if no ones aware of your presence. Its when enemies know your there, and its getting too risky when running like a madwoman helps. You also tie them up searching for you while your out doing other things. Honestly the biggest tip I forgot to mention, but i am pretty sure another forumsider mentioned would be having a plan of escape. It just so absolutely critical and is probably the single biggest cognitive shift that enabled me to start going on longer streaks. It really doesn't have to be elaborate.
    • Up x 2
  4. Pointyguide2

cloak is too easy to see
    • Up x 1