̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶l̶k̶e̶r̶ Suicide cloak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Dec 30, 2014.

1. day ofm one

Ehm, knifed two poor guys who landed their Valkyrie right next to me in stalker cloak.

Maybe you should invite them to the club as well ;)
    • Up x 2
  2. day ofm one

I don't go for 90% of all enemies I see :/
  3. HantuDuppy

To me, the stalker cloak is the anti-infiltrator cloak. You really shouldn't be using it in the middle of a fight. It's a utility type power that's just not useful around people who are actively looking for a fight. Use it to hunt snipers or camp the vehicle terminals of connected enemy bases to block their armor reinforcement. It's also great for back-capping to prevent their forward troops from taking points, or to force them to keep forces in reserve. The two or three guys they they'll send to take a point back should be manageable, but at the front line, yes the stalker cloak is just going to get you killed without killing first.
  4. WUNDER8AR

Nice video and well played. I was never really interested in playing stalker infil but I think I gotta give this a shot now. Seems like and can be really intense and loads of fun :D
  5. Xind

Death can await around a corner. It's totally random...sometimes you'll be hunting a guy and a dude will instant action in behind you and see you stalking him. Sometimes someone is just ALWAYS coming the direction you're going...although sometimes...they still don't notice.

Best advice I can give is:
    Outdoor hunting is better than indoor. It's harder to make an educated guess where you might be.
    Seek snipers; they're usually removed from other infantry positions and are extremely focused on being douchebags.
    Do not use your recon darts or device unless you are in an area heavily populated with allies.
    Crouch walk through recon'd area.
    Crouch walk in dense areas, only sprint if you have motion sensors active.
    Move when explosions are happening, frame rates are dropping, debris creates disturbances which can makes your movement.
    Don't try to kill too many people in the same area. They will eventually catch on and travel in packs.

In the end, don't give up. Stalking is a time honored tradition of the AvP series and Planetside 1.
  6. Badname3073

I redeploy -> death
    I log out -> death
    I uninstall PS2 -> death

Sorry could not resist
  7. Demigan

Don't move when there's enemies that can be in the next room. You say it yourself: you move, turn around a corner or sneak up behind some people, but they keep seeing you and killing you. So you apparently are doing something wrong, as there are stalker cloakers who can get almost anywhere. I am thinking it's because you judge your movement wrong and run into rooms or in area's when there's people inside them.
  8. CapEnTrade

Stalker cloak should be a decent bit harder to see than the other cloaks as an included advantage to help boost survivability. Because let's face it, even if you play stalker right, you're still the weakest class on the battlefield. You also dish out the least damage as well. Stalkers should be compensated effectively with a harder to see cloak so that they can compete without being underpowered.

SOE takes ages to make simple and NEEDED balance changes like this.
    *rolls eyes*
  9. CapEnTrade

FURTHERMORE! Allow me to suggest a possible and very reasonable change to cut about 6 months off SOE trying to come up with the same idea.

BALANCED Stalker cloak levels...
    Still crouch - 100% invisible
    Crouch walk - tad more visible than still crouch currently is.
    Standing - as visible as still crouch currently is.
    Walking - as visible as crouch was currently is.
    Sprinting - tad less visible than walking currently is.

These changes make sense, in whole, all levels of cloak take a step back. Now all SOE has to do is put it in game.
    :p
  10. Jackplays17

One of two things:

A) Your VERY Unlucky
    B) Your not doing it right. You are pretty much invisible when your cloaked crouching, and still. Pretend your not cloaked. Stay behind cover. DONT SPRINT. Use the hunter cqx, I think it is, Since it is the only secondary that has a shoot-knife combo for an insta kill.
  11. Pesoen

interesting, i dont have this problem, only that i miss whenever i try to kill someone, and end up panicking.

a great tip, watch the map for recon darts, and similar motion detectors, sprint when moving, as cloak drains equally and distorts equally when moving. and try to get behind the enemy, and be against something, as a distorted rock, is harder to see, than a distorted open area.

also, turn around slowly, remember the cloak distorts whatever you are covering, and rotating around anywhere, will make the distortion move around, and it will be easy to spot, so turn slowly.

thats all i have, works for me, to some extend.
  12. Archiadus

To master the ways of the stalker you must first master the art of the ninja, it's all about patience, dedication and most important of all; being at the right location at the right time to fight the right kind of enemy player.

Good luck on your journey fellow stalker.
  13. Pirbi

The biggest mistake I see infiltrators make is Q spotting. The opponent can hear that and narrow down your location even with a basic stereo headset. Ran over one the other day that kept spotting my lightning.
  14. day ofm one

When I am stalking, my Q key has a break.

It is in heavy use when I play an other class ;)
  15. K2k4

That's cutebeaver for you. Every time i watch one of her videos it makes me want to play stalker infiltrator 24/7 so I can be cool like that.
  16. Xind

I think they just need to make still crouch 100% invisible. As it is, and you notice this if you spot a inf and then he starts to hide, you can still seem them panning around and moving. Granted, if you didn't know where he was to see it, you wouldn't notice...but the fact that you're still giving off trace signals crouched and stationary is a bit problematic.

And I'm with you on making crouch walking a little more stealthy, but I think the rest of the stealth levels are fine.

Again, what I'd really love is no cloaking sound for Stalkers. That would make them THE ultimate Ambush class.
  17. PasitheeVS

Well, I think the heaviest nerf of the stalker was the implementation of black light flashlights....

This makes hiding in danger (spotted and followed by an enemy) and camping points impossible.
    This has been implemented eventhough the stalker is already being punished with the disabled primary weapon slot,
    so why?

Btw. I like getting exceptional-knife (Slasher) kills with the LA more than the Inf.
    Get a 2-shot-kill-Shotgun, sneak(fly) behind enemies and then: Bodyshot + Knife = Kill.
    Snipers on Rocks are an easy target for that.
    Repeat this like 1160 times for each exceptional knife...
  18. CapEnTrade

OH BLESS MY BEARD YES! Quieter or no sound would be PERFECT!
  19. Get2dachoppa

That's the problem. You're not invisible. Oh how I wish I had a video montage of how many people have walked right up and shot me while I was crouched in deep cloak. I've done it to other Infiltrators too. In general, the cloak is just in a bad state right now.
  20. iller

It doesn't help matters that for some of us, it can be a whole second between the time we crouched down or stopped crouch walking... to the time that we actually enter full Deep-Cloak on the other client's screen. This is why we need crouch walking itself tweaked to "almost shimmerless" on all graphics qualities. It would atleast let us work around a laggy server and lagswitching corner-peekers which are currently exploding in population
    • Up x 2