̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶l̶k̶e̶r̶ Suicide cloak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Dec 30, 2014.

1. day ofm one

I am working on the exceptional weapons directive tree and have to Auraxium knifes for it.

I try to do that with Stalker cloaking.

The only problem is, I just die all the time.

No matter what I do, as soon as I move I am being shot at.

Checking my surroundings doesn't help.

I look around, noone is there, I move and get shot.

And I just wonder, what the grizzlybear am I doing wrong?

No matter how well I check my surroundings, I get shot all the time.

I turn a corner -> death
    I move somewhere -> death
    I go somewhere, people randomly turn around -> death
    I stand cloaked still -> death
    I am cloeaked crouched anywhere -> death
    People don't even loock at me -> death

It is really frustrating and annoying to die all the time because people just randomly run around and find me.

Am I just exceptionally unlucky, as a friend says, or am I doing something wrong?
    • Up x 1
  2. LT_Latency

I would just play normally and then when you flank someone run up to them shoot them alot then knife them to finish them off.
  3. TriumphantJelly

I share your pain.... But I have been a little more successfull. Try being constatnly on the move (unless in a good ambush spot, or at least in between them) and disengaging from fights where you don't dictate the terms.
  4. FateJH

If can use a Hunter Cloak, you should be able to use a Stalker Cloak. The real benefit of the latter is that it lets you stand still cloaked indefinitely and carefully plan your actions, rather than be stuck on a timer like the Hunter.
  5. 60rockstar

I have pretty good luck with the stalker cloak, but I am using a pistol, not a knife

I am killed with a knife most often during large battles. There is so much to stay aware of during an intense fight - an infiltrator can move around undetected.

Try sneaking up to the second or third floor of a base during a big fight - or find a fight on Amerish or Hossin and use the cover outdoors. Be patient and don't get greedy - make a kill and move to a new spot.
  6. Mxiter

Infiltrator recon tools ;)
  7. tornflags

Well, you can give this an upvote https://ps2issuetracker.com/browse/PS-668?filter=10304

and hope that SOE listens. I had great success using SMG infiltrator before, right now the cloak is in a pretty pathetic state. If I'm not shot on sight while cloaked, it doesn't mean that I'm playing well, it means that other player is partially blind. These days I only play Inf. with TSAR-42, if you're into close-range infantry play, you're better off with any other class.
    • Up x 1
  8. CuteBeaver

To play like a stalker, think like a stalker....

What direction are the enemies "focused." How many eyes do you suspect are watching? Do you have a way to break LOS after moving? Can you bait the enemy? Are there any distractions you can use to your advantage? For example if a vehicle nearby blows up with its debris on fire many people in battle are going to look at it. This presents a wonderful opportunity to move (provided its not near you).

Stalkers more about reading the situation and your opponents... Also know your own limits and don't ambush when the odds are against you. If you are in a 96 vs 96 fight you have several options. Outskirts is probably easiest for newbies since less eyes are watching you move and set up. Or you can get into the thick of things with your allies using them as distractions and bait. The key to this is using motion spotter and not over-extending or getting too greedy. To bail break LOS using cover and deep cloak somewhere not obvious. The biggest problem you should be having is lack of ammo forcing you CQC or problems against HA (NMG specifically) or a Max... For the HA beat his human reaction time before he pops shield. For the Max avoid, use mines, or chip away from a distance. Passive aggressive spotting is always another option too XD.
    • Up x 7
  9. CuteBeaver

Yap, half of what we do is mitigating the "chances" of getting spotted lol. Allot of people don't understand how radar is absolutly necessary for cloak to be effective at all in large fights.
    • Up x 1
  10. Demigan

FIrst of all, you decided to pick knives and a class with abilities that you thought were good. Then you come complain here when they don't pan out as you expect?

I am not an avid stalker cloaker, but I think the gist of what others will tell you is: Don't move when there's enemies around. You move to an area before enemies will arive, then wait or cause some noise to attract them. When they get there, you only move an surprise them when they either find you or when they are definitely not facing you.
    Your problem seems to be mainly that you go to an area with people that you want to target, while you should be letting them come to you.
  11. GoyoElGringo

It's not that you are unlucky, you just need to learn where to be to minimize the risks.
    • Up x 1
  12. NinjaTurtle

Before the knife changes melee kills were reasonably easy now i miss every time.

There are some issues with knifing at them moment, even when standing right up against a stationary target my knife misses. I've given up trying currently
    • Up x 2
  13. day ofm one

I don't move when enemies are around?

So, I go to a territory deep in TR lands and don't do anything?
  14. iller

radar Shield

...no the OP's right, stalker cloak is only good if you want to play Spectator mode.
    Crouch walk needs to have deep cloak too. We've been yelling at SOE for that but apparently not loud enough...
    • Up x 1
  15. iller

PS: Something in this Thread is causing a Javascript error so bad that I can't edit or even check alerts from this page.
    It's probably the formatted text in the Subject but either way, clicking the report button does nothing.... Hopefully a mod finds this
  16. Alan Kalane

Welcome to the club.
    It's called "Murphy's Club". All the members (currently You and me) have experienced death in the stupidest ways possible due to Murphy's Law.
    Imagine you land an ESF for repairs... Not on a pad, not on a road, just some random place in the middle of nowhere... Imagine you landed exactly on the enemy AV mines and got blown up... Imagine the rage...

This and much more happened to me.

This game is so random sometimes you just can't help it.
  17. FateJH

You control yourself. You might not go for the first guy you see, or the second guy you see. You might go for the third. The Stalker Cloak has more utility towards sessile, very patient playstyles. That doesn't mean, mind you, that you can't use it like a Hunter Cloak; but, the desire to do so in high traffic areas will assuredly make you over-extend your periods of good fortune, especially since you have a much more limited selection of weapons to deal with your enemies.
  18. _itg

Others have covered most of the big points. If you aren't already, make sure you're using the crossbow if you're going for non-activatable knife kills. The bolt+knife combo is the most consistent way to ensure they die without putting up a fight. The Mag-scatter will also work if you're doing this on your NC character.
  19. Rikkit

the trick with stalker cloak is, you don't go to the ennemy, you let the ennemy come to you.
    With some parcour skills, and general flanking tactics, you can minimize your waiting time.
    But before you start your ambush, it's important to think about some things:
    Are there other ennemys around, that may notice me?
    can i kill all ennemys in one Ambush? (for example 1 medic and a turret engie)
    when there are multiple targets, who is the easy one, and who is most likely to notice me?
    can i kill the dangerous target without being noticed or can i avoid the dangerous target?
    when new ennemys apear, from where would they come?
    would they see me when im doing my work?
    is there an other hiding spot nearby, or a way to break los quicly?
    (or in other words, plan your escape before you make an ambush)

Also when you kill a player below br 40 it's often save to stay in the same area (you need to kill these guys often 2-3 times before they get a clue where you are, or before they start looking for you)
    but when you engage a player above br 60, you should better go for an other area to hide.

Stalker gameplay is always a mind game and you have to roll dies everytime you make a move, make shure it's a smart one.
    The smart ennemy will try to gues where your new hiding spot is. be even smarter and look for a hiding spot where you can engage them while they are looking for you.
    But be aware, when the ennemy brings a flash light to the board, you have only 2 Options: break line of sight with all ennemys or go all in and kill him. Most of the time the flash light is mounted on a pistol, so make shure you still get the first shot.

Oh and well about 96+ battels... there are often to many eyes. try 1-24 fights to learn the basics.
    Ennemy motion spotters and to a lesser degree recon darts are one of your biggest ennemys. make shure they don't catch you when you don't need them.
    The spotter will be revaled at 35m on your minimap, but a max level spotter will catch yout within a 50m range.
    When you see a dart ping, you can hope it's a low level one (lol@ recon dart from xbow), or you wait till it disapears before you move again.
    • Up x 1
  20. day ofm one

I broke the forum? ;D

Now seriously: good to know that, won't use the striked through text again then...