Happy New Year & Update 02 Info!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 8, 2013.

1. crissHill

Thanks for the insult. get back to me when you know more about the game balance.
  2. fish998

I think the spawn invulnerability should be very short, like 2-4 seconds. Just long enough to give you a chance. It definitely shouldn't last until you fire (although firing should cancel it even within the 2-4 seconds).
  3. IGELmitDEAGLE

>AA improvements, notably flak changes for turrets and skyguards

Does that include the Walker? No dmg increase for the Walker? Wow that sucks...
  4. I Keel You!

i hope they fix the explosives' blast radius damage going through shields
  5. Caelun Niveus

I would say probably never. Needing to reset would only be an issue if it was possible to run out of certs. Since they are essentially farmable/currency we'll get one after they do an overhaul of the class/equipment system. And I would love to hear how someone convinces SOE do do something that drastic.
  6. Noivad

• General performance increases, particularly for lower end GPUs
    This will bring into the game people who used to play PS1 and other contemporary FPS Games now that just can't afford to buy a new rig that fits into the spec for PS2.

• Experience (XP) system enhancements:
    • Dynamic XP system for player kills, players who have more kills on their current life are worth more XP. Freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward.
    This is similar to what we had in PS1, but in PS1 it was based on time, with newly spawned players worth no XP.
    • Partial damage XP for dealing damage to vehicles that you don't end up killing
    This was not in PS1 - However if someone in your squad killed something you got a percentage of XP from that kill.
    • Population XP / Resource bonus moved over to continent population instead of global
    SO this is a two bonus change
    1. PS1 had the global Population XP bonus to attract people to low populated Continents - so the reason your doing this is to cut XP given on all but the continent that has the lowest population to get people from a specific faction to start to populate it to get the bonus.. Attempt to stop warp gated continents - Lowest population bonus would then be gone.

2. This to take away a continent bonus from people playing on a different continent then the one giving the bonus. Less META here???? So Infantry just play on Infantry continents, Tankers on Tank Continents. Air on Air Continents to get resources to play on other continents once they have a bunch of them. Resource Gain now limited to actual number of Resources available by capture of a territory of hexes.
    • Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses
    Supports 1 & 2 above.
    • Rebalancing of XP rewards to help support tasks
    Individual support tasks should go back to PS1 Standards. Playing engineer, medic, sniper, is way to lucrative. We have more people playing these roles now then we ever had playing them in PS1. Too easy to make points for those who really want to play that role. We have one guy who has 10 skill levels above most of our best fighters, and all he does is fix things very little fighting.
    I thought this was a war game not a fix it up game.

• Server transfer token available in Depot

I don't plan on moving off of Mattherson, but this should be free NOT pay to do for people wanting to change servers. However there should be a time penalty for individuals that play the 4th empire that constantly change factions to stay on the winning side. At least 6 hours - 12 hours preferably - 24 hours like it was in the beginning of PS1.. You should have kept your promise and limited one faction per server, and the pop problems we have now would not have been a factor in the actual battle.

• UI changes to emphasize score per minute as a primary metric of player comparison

This is a solo dynamic not a team oriented one. Bring back contribution to Outfit scores, and individual Outfit points, and don't bother with this solo dynamic. K/D destroys the Outfit / Unit Dynamic. A Galaxy Pilot, or liberator Pilot, under these rules will alway show as less skilled against this metric since your scoring of this is based on and tied to a single person killing another person, and points shared unequally.

• Sortable columns on outfit management & addition of "last online" column
    Thanks for this, Outfit management should be a priority, as in the end it will be the Outfits and the play environment that keep people interested in the game.

• New weapon type for all empires: SMG

Not opposed to new weapons, but can you try to make the Light assault ones look a lot different from each other. The carbines are way to similar looking.

• Short period of invulnerability will be added to freshly spawned / revived players - breaks upon game actions such as entering a vehicle or using a weapon.

This goes against the PS1 standard, and is babying down the game to people who makes a bad spawn point choice. What needs to be fixed is the action time of the individual who spawned so that they do not become visible until they can actually move and fight. That timing was much better in PS1. The twitch is broken for spawning. The death camera that rotated was better in PS 1 as well so you could view the immediate area around a "AMS" to make a informed decision as to whether or not you wanted to re spawn and try to take the spawn killer out. We don't have that now.

• Dynamic / player configurable colors for minimap & overhead indicators for enemies, friendlies, and squads within a platoon
    • Player configurable colors. Just take the 1980s Pastel colors out and put in the colors you had in PS1 that were very visible. Everyone should be seeing as close to the same color as everyone else, especially for Squad Positions on the Map. If you are talking about adding the Names of Platoon members, and their status to heal, armor extra thats great but Bring back the enhanced targeting implant, as well as the others, and limit them in the same way as PS1 for the enemy.
    • New Hot Spot system that displays where active fights are occurring on the map
    • The current system is fine if you just fixed it so it does not sure incorrect information.
    • New spawn buildings with more exits, protected balconies and easy roof access to make them less campable.
    • Maybe if you put Spawn Rooms in areas that Air And Vehicles cannot shoot, would be more viable. Your now going to make tunnels, hmmmm seems like your almost back to the PS1 dynamic where it took infantry to cap points, going into buildings that tanks and Air could not shoot into, instead of people sitting in vehicles, air and ground alike to cap a point, Can it be that there might actually be real Infantry fighting PS1 style coming to PS2.
    • Tunnel systems for amp and tech facilities to give access from spawn rooms to interior of bases and base walls without having to go above ground.
    Well look at that a real PS 1 Dynamic.
    • Making MAXes render more reliably at long distances for players in vehicles

Render distance should be the same for any class and vehicle type and should not be used to adjust weapons systems.

• AA improvements, notably flak changes for turrets and skyguards, giving them some better ability to aim, although not drastically impacting their DPS.

Any improvement to Air Defense is a plus.

• Fixes to missiles so that they more reliably detonate and actually blow stuff up
    • Increase distance for AV and AA to equal distance of Tank and Air weapons.
    • Air vehicle weapon tweaks
    • Zepher I presume

• Increases to reload speed for certain HE ground vehicle weapons

The AV for heavy seems slow to me, hope its this one.
    • And of course... lots of bug fixes

Please Include the following:

1. Light Assault Jump Get - Stop Flying Bug that we have to log all the way out of game to fix.
    2. Galaxy Drop Bug that kills people who drop from a Galaxy. The system in PS1 was much better.
  7. GImofoJoe

What about permanently IP banning the hackers?
  8. Roland2TowerCame

"Short period of invulnerability will be added to revived players"
    Uh, no, that's terrible. I think that's gonna break up firefights will invincible pillars.

INCREASES to HE reload speed? WTH?
  9. ArrowRL201

Nothing would please me more than seeing this update go live.
  10. Xae

Doesn't work.

Most people have dynamic IP addresss and/or are behind a NAT, so IP bans would not work against a smart person, but would ban random people who did nothing wrong.

Hardware/GPU/etc bans are effective to a point but even they can be bypassed by savvy people.

You don't want to use IP/Hardware to ban people, but to programatically lower the threshold for GM intervention.

Normally lets say it takes 10 /reports in 10 minutes to get a GM to get one to monitor you.
    Playing from a banned IP address? 9 Reports
    Same Hardware? 5 reports
    Same IP+Hardware? 2 reports
  11. Vibe

How about making the bases more defensible? It's the worst part of the game right now. People just roll with zergs and cap undefended bases. No incentive to defend or clash with the enemy zerg.

Doubt those tunnels will do the trick.
  12. SpecOps Delta

Why the heck didn't they tweak the player render distance? It is really annoying that you can see tanks but now infantry. The x12 scope is completely useless due to the fact that the players are not displayed on a far distance. I am dissapointed that this issue is not mentioned. :(

--> Of course only not mentioned in the changelog, I have well read that it is high priority! That makes me feel a bit happier :)
  13. garginator

Cool update, game gets better and better looks like.
  14. Crocobutt

This is something we've been waiting for! Thanks for the heads up. :}
  15. LeFitz

Hmmm invincible for a few seconds until I fire for instance... sweet... I have time to aim, hold breath and kill someone. Good scenario.

Seriously, no invincibility please...
  16. Aerius

17. M(a)trix

Even with overclocked CPU I can't get stable 60 fps which is must have for a FPS game. GPU is ok, fix the CPU!!!
    Also please fix sensitivity for zoomed vehicles - Aiming with 2x Saron HRB is impossible...
  18. CamboRambo

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion for the Experience (XP) system enhancements. Overall, it sounds good but you guys are missing the experience when you defend a base. Most squads and platoons will move on to the next location even if the current one is being taken because there is no reward for defending. I usually run a a big platoon and we rarely defend because there is no benefits. I understand you can get exp from the kills from the offenders but you can do the same when trying to capture a base.

My suggestion is give some EXP to the guys who defend bases and hold them. It doesn't have to be a fixed experience but rather a scalable reward based on how much of the base is in capture. For example, a TR base that is being captured by VS but is at 50% purple would gain more than a TR base that is being captured by VS but is still in the red at 70%. I hope that was clear as it is a bit late ;-p. Either way, I am looking forward to the new patch and hopefully we can have improves on metagame.
  19. badname02

Perfect!

Not a perfect patch note since I'm hesitant on some of the changes but it sure is a ******** of stuff at once!

I'm just hoping for a few things to actually work out:

1.Performance increase: let's face it we ALL want this to work desperately... Whether you're on a slow-medium-fast computer we all want to get the performance we deserve or at least have it tweakable to playable fps (some of us would tweak the graphics down to PS1 level if it means solid FPS, no issues with that whatsoever).

2. Changed spawn points with protected balconies etc. I have to see this one in game. Same with the new invuln spawn mechanic.

Still: It looks like a big step in the right direction. Server transfers available is also a good thing.

Better AA, bugfixes and some render bux fixed is gravy. Should be next on the list to fix infantry render distance though. Or have I missed something?
  20. Mazzar

Lol, Hope you like half the players.

If they nerf ESF weapons further, i might try get a refund. As it is not the same weapon i trialed.

1. Nerf - Okay
    2. 2 Nerf's and plenty of buffs to anti - Not okay.