Reign of the 0.5 KDR's

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rane, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Rane

Anyone who does not agree with the Patch notes, will be flamed by people with 0.1-0.5 KDR's who are calling us spawn campers because we do not want more crutches added to the game.

Seriously...Nerfing exp etc is not going to save this game, just more people will leave. You are still going to die the same way you do normally.

Unless tunnels connect from base to base, they will be the new spot to camp, and it fixes nothing. Unless some morons want to try to take over teh tunnel and get all the way to the 1 way door for no reason what so ever.

how bout we fix vehicle spam instead of trying to make infantry last 3 seconds longer before getting wtf pwned.
  2. mow

not a 0.1 to 0.5 kdr here and i like the patch notes.
    • Up x 21
  3. Eyeklops

IMO, nerfing EXP for blatant farming in one area is ok if they return it broadband to all players in another form. Also, my K/D never gets to 0.5 and I agree with the exp changes. Speaking for yourself maybe? I know it will be hard, but gently step out of the Liberator and please pick up a gun that requires some skill. Thank you.

LOL @ the irony in my signature.
    • Up x 4
  4. CrashB111

As if KDR means anything at all in a game about team play. Sure I may die more, but it is because I am pushing on the objective whatever it may be and not farming kills to pad my stats.

Using KDR as any kind of metric in PS2 is like saying kills matter in a game of Capture The Flag in any modern FPS. You can have the most kills in the game and still lose since the game is not about killing in that enviroment.
    • Up x 13
  5. Gustavo M

0.6 KDR master race here.
    And I'm proud of It.
    nerds.
    • Up x 4
  6. SenEvason

I haven't seen anyone claiming the new EXP system will save the game yet.
    • Up x 2
  7. Dkamanus

A 2.3 KDR here and I think the spawn camping should end. Also the meatgrinders. People just go for kills and forget to play the game. A few hours ago I only had 1 full squad only and we were taking VS on Indar, too worried about TR. It was a blast to see the purple turn blue. Too bad NC didn't decide to help since the "farming" wasn't good enough.

Ow yes, the new EXP system is good.
  8. Llaf

I like the patch notes and my K/D is definitely above 1...and I mostly play infantry.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tasogie

KDR is irrelevant, anyone that thinks it gives them license to be something they arnt, are just laughable.
    • Up x 6
  10. ozziewolf

I like the patch notes except for the invulnerability on revive.

If people have the choice to farm people as they spawn for 5 xp or blow up the sunderer for a quick 600xp maybe they'll blow up the sunderer now instead of camping it.

As long as the math is done right it will be fine. I expect it will probably be to generous or to severe at first and will likely be fine tuned until they find a sweet spot.

But what do I know as a 0.1-0.5 KDR pure infantry player.
    • Up x 3
  11. Littleman

I'm completely fine with fresh spawns being worth nothing. I expect time will quickly boost their worth up to what we get now, and from there only incrementally increase, more on performance than time I mean. I'd certainly hope SOE is basing most of their worth on their score gained that life, as opposed to kills. Medics/Engineers that spent a lot of time supporting others without going down should be worth a lot, just like a guy with 10 kills without dying should be.
    • Up x 2
  12. Morpholine

This will do nothing to end spawn camping.

It will still be done to prevent the enemy from swarming out and stopping your capture, since in most facilities the spawn room cannot be shut down. The campers will just be rewarded less, and the campees have even more incentive to lemming out, tossing grenades willy-nilly (as they're now worth only a few xp to the enemy each time).
    • Up x 5
  13. {joer

*sigh* Modern education and the celebration of mediocrity.

See, even the VS can figure it out :p
  14. Hodo

I think my K/D ratio is .8 or so. I like the patch notes about the ranking system being based on points not on K/D.

But it wont change the leaderboards much. You get more points for chaining together kills then by actually doing anything so status quo wont change.
  15. LordMondando

lol how are they nerfing xp?
  16. Gustavo M

You really do care about your videogames, eh.
    • Up x 3
  17. Littleman

Camping will be done because it needs to be done to secure the base. It's not the most strategically sound maneuver to let the defenders constantly run amok during an invasion. The changes will just make holding down the reinforcement point less rewarding. I also don't think too many people are concerned with how much exp they're feeding their enemies, they're much too concerned with themselves (specifically, their KDR) to care about that.

Additionally on the issue of the worth of KDR: the guy that can hold a control point from would-be heroes is more valuable than the guy that can't.
  18. Morpholine

Additionally, intense battles with a lot of player "churn" are receiving an effective xp nerf, to both sides.
  19. MrHenderson

Let's see...who would I rather have at the front lines when assaulting a base's capture point...Gustavo who isn't afraid to get in the thick of things, or xl337xx420xMADSKILLZxx who has a 9-1 kdr and hasn't stepped out of a lib, ESF or tank since November? Give me Gustavo.
    • Up x 7
  20. Dkamanus

People that are FPS "Hardcore" gamers will start to complain that their awesome l33t skills aren't awarding him enough recognition and respect, since in FPS, you have to be l33t killer to be the best. And at the same time, he's that useless ********* that is killing people one after the other, while all three points on a biolab are taken by the enemy and he just keeps killing the respawners. Because he's "helping" the team.

HUR DUR!
    • Up x 5