nanite or resist shield cert?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Fuman, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Fuman

Anyone do any tests to see the difference?
  2. DeltaGun

Technically, Resist Shield negates more damage and recharges faster.

The Nanite shield protects your heath bar better and allows your shield regen timer to count down even when you get hit (as long as the nanite shield isn't depleted).
  3. Veri

Nanite and some health packs.
  4. UnDeaD_CyBorG

5. Nenarch

I prefer adrenaline shield, because I kill enough people to make it worth it.. otherwise would be using nanite mesh. Both are at lvl5 atm. Anyways I\m agressive player as you can get, Rusher HA the moment I get a opening.

Anyways some consider resist shield better, I gues it would be better if you want to be almost immune to explosion for example flak armor - resist shield on same time.. Check tooltips. I\d say you can\t die to explosions during that.
  6. trued2

if you play solo go with nmg because its meant to be used as a reaction to fighting, the resist shield is more for breaching and to be turned on before you enter combat, and is better suited for tactical squad play.
    • Up x 2
  7. DemoEvolved

this

I thought resist would be better for me, because of the overall greater durability, but because it lights you up like a christmas tree and slows you down & you dont see the max benefit unless you turn it on before combat, i went back to the nmg and got better results.

Resist is for when you must take damage (and you know when you will start to) (exiting biolab teleporter rooms), nmg is for when you want to be less visible while you pick guys off and then try to save yourself from dying once they start shooting at you.

ofc anytime you are walking into a hail of bullets it really doesnt matter what kind of shield you have.
  8. Carrionghoul

It comes down to play style

Nanite
    Pros: full dmg reduction till battery is depleted
    Battery depletes slowly unless taking damage which depletes your battery quickly
    Cons: slow battery recharge till higher level certs
    the lower your batteries power the less dmg absorption is available
    Cause you to glow and move slower when activated

Resist: 45(ish) % dmg reduction till battery is depleted
    Battery recharges quickly
    Cons: battery drains quickly till higher level certs
    Cause you to glow and move slower when activated

The general consensus is that if you are full health full shield, resist absorbs more total dmg. If you are low health the nanite shield will absorb more damage. Some people run adrenaline because they can get enough kills to make the shield recharge worth while. It all comes down to how you play.

I normally run resist shield with regen packs to fix me up after the fire fight.
  9. Syranorn

Never noticed any difference between lvl 1 and 4 (nanite or resist)
  10. Carrionghoul

Yeah, that is sadly because the difference between nanite 1 recharge to nanite 4 recharge is only 8seconds difference. From the time the shield dropped, to the battery being fully recharged, was 60sec for naninte 1, and 52sec for nanite 4.
    I assume (but have not timed) the duration of the battery life for resist shield is probably similar in length increase (about 8seconds).
  11. Carrionghoul

Just timed resist2 vs resist3. The difference between their battery length was 0.5sec.
    Not really sure if that was worth the 150 certs >.<
  12. Deschain

Resist shield+nanoweave no excuses.
  13. LabRatTy

I'm normally not one to say that one thing is flat out better than the other in games, but... As long as you're quick, and willing to activate & deactivate your shield very frequently, the Resist Shield is flat out better because you can use it every single time you take damage. This lets you fight constant streams of enemies very well, and that applies well in -every- situation.

Basically, the Resist Shield is like having a full Nanite Mesh Generator as soon as your blue bar refills itself - 10 seconds after taking damage, or less with the advanced shield cert. Whereas your NMG takes almost an entire minute to recharge. Sorry, it's just no contest.
    • Up x 1
  14. Syranorn

worth, not sure. frakking expensive, absolutly sure !

same here. with flaka rmor , stupid deaths can be avoided, it's perfect for me
  15. Megawatt

16. SinerAthin

Resist Shield - Flat out higher durability.
    Very useful for open ground battles(with flak) and storming buildings(with nanoweave).

NM - Best shield if you are slow to turn on your shield.
    If you have poor spatial awareness and find yourself jumped a lot, this shield is superior as it'll always absorb the same amount of damage, even if activated at 1% health.

Adrenaline - Good if you score a lot of kills. Situational.
    Adrenaline is the best shield when you >KNOW< you will kill a lot of enemies, say, in a perfect flanking manouver. But if you don't kill many enemies, it is not better than resist.

I tend to stick to Resist for the increased durability and because it is so more versatile than the rest. Especially good with medics around.
  17. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Heh, thanks Megawatt. Yeah, the link somehow got killed. I couldn't edit it anymore and forgot about it.
  18. Eugenitor

The problem with all shields is that they slow you down, which is death in a lot of situations. Once your NMG drops, you're back at full speed again. So it's a better choice if you're running to cover from explosion spam.
  19. Syranorn

I find the light of the shield more annoying. It's like a sign "please shot me !". Even worse by night. It's just suicide.
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

Which is another advantage the NMG/Adrenaline have: you only have to turn it on AFTER you start taking damage and they retain full effectiveness.