Crash fix tonight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RF404, Jan 7, 2013.

1. CrashB111

oh yes, they have been abusing the hell out of it to hold Indar all week. You get them down to the last 3 territorys and they just start crashing the whole area to keep their cont lock.
  2. sagolsun

I traded Adrian a bottle of whiskey for a pendrive with the logs, why?
  3. Swoll

Wahoo good job SOE!!!
  4. MykeMichail

I'm guessing you exploited this bug to your advantage.

People who used this bug to their advantage and hackers are pretty much doing the same thing - they're using a weakness in the games programming for their own personal gain. The only difference is that the hackers are using third party software whilst the exploiters aren't using a third party program. The effect is the same, and the intention is there.

Clearly they can't go around banning everyone who ever triggered this bug, as its clear that some people may have unintentionally triggered it, but seeing as this bug has been used repeatedly on some nights to clear out entire areas before massive forces have rolled in, I'm certain they can identify players who've repeatedly and deliberately used this bug.

The only shame is that they can't ban entire outfits who have clearly co-ordinated to use this exploit, as you can't be certain how many people in the outfit actually knew of the intention to use this bug before rolling into an area.
  5. LittleDi

Guess the guy who just caused it recently on Matterson will be gone tomorrow. Way overdue here.
  6. LittleDi

Ah, but they can. See logs of whom the person was affiliated with are going to be in the books as well. And I hope every outfit that did this kind of garbage suddenly finds their entire outfit missing from existence and has to start over.
  7. Marked4Death

I just sucked down 17mb from SOE on launch, is this the fix patch or did some file get corrupt on my end (and get re-downloaded)?
    if patch, why not announce SOE?
  8. Raidashi

Huh... Good to know...

I wonder how many people we'll see just crying to get their accounts back in the next few days... Cant wait... The tears will be delicious...
    • Up x 1
  9. MykeMichail

Not really.

Think about it this way. If your platoon leader says "we're regrouping in this area before the assault", and you go to that area and wait for the attack, and in the meantime the platoon leader co-ordinates with someone else who's about to use the bug using out-of-game comms, without your knowledge, then you can't really be blamed for being part of the attacking force who rolls into the area after the bug has been used can you?

Unless the moderators can find solid evidence that a certain player specifically co-ordinated with someone to exploit this bug, they can't really ban them, otherwise a lot of innocent people who were just following orders with no knowledge of the intent to exploit the bug would be banned.
  10. Drsexxytime

They should name and shame these people like other devs have done in the past.

Just downloaded the patch, would be nice to get patch notes on the launcher and not a blurb on twitter. Seriously. F-Twitter. Come on guys. It's your game, make a post on YOUR forums.

Anyways, glad this is hopefully fixed. Good job.
  11. LittleDi

Sure they can. Platoon leader orders charge the second the zone crashes is possible to track. If it's done more than 1 time they planned it out that way. I could find it.
  12. Linedan

BOOYAH. Gonna be real interesting to see if anybody on Mattherson gets hit with the banhammer over this, because I was getting hit by this 2-4 times most nights, almost anytime there was a big fight.
  13. Drsexxytime

Welp, just got the crash again. Fail patch. :(
  14. Kevorkian

To those saying its a bad idea banning accounts involved in the glitch, there were people that were doing this non-stop over the course of the last 2 weeks. We're not talking about accidentally causing the glitch 2 or 3 times, but dozens of times or more. Pretty sure these are the accounts that will receive the bans.
  15. Linedan

Oh man. The used Magrider lots will be glutted with low-mileage ex-TEST tanks.
  16. Kevorkian

Did just you alone crash, or others as well? Remember, this game is poorly optimized with memory leaks in abundance.

I just now saw the tweet, the fix isn't up yet, but will be implemented sometime this evening. So it appears we have a couple more hours of this.
  17. XphaedX

i was beginning to lose faith, but these guys came right out and did what they needed to do their first day back at work. good stuff SOE. keep it up!
  18. gudman591

Soooo... 2-3 days ago there were one or two threads about how it's not an exploit and everyone is just building conspiracy theories.

Where are these threads now?
  19. Tsalagi

M
    Methinks you doth protest to much.. Feeling guilty?
  20. medbot544

Nice to see a fix.

And even better; banning those #%#%s who are abusing it. Awsome!