Higby: sorting through a lot of great @Planetside2 community feedback

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kretaro, Jan 7, 2013.

1. kretaro

Higby is back to work as he say in a recent Twitter. So we expecto more Devs response at forums now.
    http://twitter.com/mhigby/status/288359656504557568
    Another twitter of Higby recently said that they are sorting the big problems with Planetside2 right now. here its the awaited Twitt
    http://twitter.com/mhigby/status/288359656504557568

Also Luperza, higby and a couple more of devs had a recent discussion
    https://twitter.com/planetside2/status/288364897769754625

I expect a big solution is really coming at the time that this get empty.
  2. Cinc

At the very least, there back from vacation
  3. Cl1mh4224rd

4. Goden

Oh goodie, they're back. We can expect the same thing to get done as it was when they were gone

Nothing!
  5. Solvite

He also has great posts about mustaches and a droid advertisement.
  6. D0n

Haha, they are sorting through the ashes and embers of Rome?
    • Up x 1
  7. VSDerp

no need to be negative people
  8. CptGiggles

They haven't exactly given us a reason to be positive though.
    • Up x 5
  9. VSDerp

well with higby saying that they are sorting the big problems with Planetside 2 right now should atleast give people little hope.posting slick negative comments is not helping things at all.
    • Up x 4
  10. kretaro

yes that one, My mistake.
    I still have faith on Devs beacuase of one Rule: Money. They need to do something BIG if dont they will lose a lot of players and finally MONEY
    • Up x 2
  11. Fear The Amish

people that were in beta know this is a good thing, New people not so much. Gotta remember during beta we got a huge patch usually twice a month with hotfixs weekly so i am glad they are back.
  12. stalkish

thanx for the info, guess higby cant be arsed to update people who use the official forums.
  13. WarTourist

If they were smart they'd close these forums down pronto. They're just a sewer of negativity and whining. Can you imagine if you were a new player and wandered into this cesspool? This place does way more damage than good.
  14. Purg

Long development cycle often resulting in long nights and working weekends up until release. Christmas comes along and the pitchforks are brought out - the vocal community proclaiming how dare they take time off during the holiday period to spend time with family and friends (while they're at home, relaxing, spending time with family and friends).

They've given a reason for me to be positive. They've listened to community feedback during the Beta and have implemented change. First thing back and they've collated more community feedback and evaluating change and how it can be implemented for the better of the game. They didn't make this game to be popular for a couple of months then to ditch it and move onto a new project. Why isn't that reason to be positive?
    • Up x 3
  15. Dis

This tweet is about 3-4 weeks too late I'm afraid.
  16. Ryloxx

If you guys want to look on the bright side, at least Planetside wasn't made by Hammerpoint. ;) People need to relax, PS1 took years before it was really completed. If you can't wait, no one is making you stay.

I haven't played for a week, but I can find other things to do with my life.
    • Up x 2
  17. ghnurbles

^ This. The game improved incredibly over the course of beta, it only stopped recently for a well-earned dev holiday.
    • Up x 3
  18. Latex

Oh Good hes BACK! Here's something to fix, since you left the numbers of players on all servers across the board has dropped rapidly.

1. Characters should not be bound to servers. Characters should be their own "character server" then they can go among whatever server they feel like playing on = Less Servers = Bigger Battles = Everyone Happy.

2. Review what ppl told you during Alpha & Beta what this game should've been (*Cough* a direct sequel to PS1 *Cough* asnd not some roodypoo COD/BF Clone. Even by having your president state that what it was shouldve turned ppl away right then. Listen to you Custgomers and stop ruining Games like you've done with every good one you put out)

3. ??? ( Learn how to Advertise, No one knows about this game or its predecessor. Buy up some Tv Time or fall to the wayside. Look at Blizzard. I cant turn on my Tv without seeing a Blizzard ad. Take a hint)

4. Profit
  19. VSDerp

wasn't my money on that game i cant speak of.
  20. SikVvVidiT

Why do you expect anything? Alpha and Beta testers told them everything we are telling them now, and as you can see THEY DID NOT LISTEN!
    • Up x 2