Are you outnumbered 2:1?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jex =TE=, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Jex =TE=

Last night on Indar TR on Mallory was outnumbered for once and we felt it. usually the population was even split, then TR started to get slightly higher, last night one of the others were.

Are all these "so and so is OP" because people are simply fighting a force twice their size (which is no fun at all to lose battle after battle.

Post your server populations here and let's see (and ur server too)

without even sides, how is this game fun for the side that is outnumbered all the time?
    • Up x 1
  2. MajorZbug

I'm on Miller and won't post a screenshot of our usual server population. I don't want to hurt you.
  3. Jex =TE=

lol

Since u can't switch servers, having disproportionate sides seems to me to hurt it more than help it?
  4. Llaf

In response to title, yes.

In response to first sentence, most likely.

VS on my server has anywhere from 40% to 50% population at all times, NC is around 30%, TR is always the lowest at between 20 and 25%. Yesterday I saw it as low as 18%.
  5. RayDrazon

Character server transfers will be added soon though :D
  6. MajorZbug

Indeed. The easiest way to solve that is to fill the server until all 3 factions are popcapped, which is the case on Miller pretty much every evening. At the moment a lot of servers are ghost towns just asking to be merged together. Hopefully SOE will address the issue without asking people to pay for character transfers (that would be some very, very bad PR).
  7. McGubble

60 percent vanu on Indar and 9% on Easmir I really don't want to be standing next to the warp gate I want to try taking over Easmir but there's no one there
  8. Spartan 117

Pretty common on Waterson to be outnumbered by TR 2:1 or 3:1 at all times. I logged in once and the WORLD POP was 58% TR. Nice to play in a target rich environment, but it can be disheartening at times.
    • Up x 2
  9. CloverHead

Here on Helios 42% VS is normally as low as VS gets, with 50% not being that uncommon.
  10. Dhart

Waterson was dead even 33-33-34 before the first Double XP weekend... since then TR has been climbing. These are avg numbers..... some margin for error.

TR ~ 51%
    NC ~ 23%
    VS ~ 22%

To really enjoy the game I have to wait for TR to go to bed...have dinner...whatever so their population drops to <41%; otherwise it's a face roll on all 3 continents.
  11. Meh.

Hehe I remember when I was TR on there it's just to easy lol.
    I play on Soltech with my TR char now,
    VS ~ 45%-33%
    TR ~ 35%-20%
    NC ~ 38%-22%
    that's the highest and lowest I seen population :p but the server kinda died since double exp ended, but a lot of hackers still :|.
  12. Nepau

On average for my server, Connery, VS average around 24-33% server pop, depending on the day, while the TR are ususaly arouond 34-45% or so with the NC picking up the rest.
  13. MrPokealot

lol I'm NC on Mallory and MAN I loved that one day when we rolled right up to your doorstep and took out so many of your libs..it was glorious
  14. Backf1re

I'm NC on Mallory, and I have to say, It's about time TR got hit hard on Indar. You guys have had it for too long.
    • Up x 1
  15. EWarren

TR on Helios is usually out-numbered on a server basis, but couple large outfits meant the force is always concentrated where needed.

It was not uncommon for TR to make bold gains with 28% of server population. Plus, it is really easy to fight when enemies are at the Warp Gate - you don't have to travel anywhere.
  16. Abyll

On Genudine the populations are actually quite well balanced. At most that I can recall, some pops get up to 38%, but still hardly get to 'steamroll' the other factions. We've actually had a stalemate over Indar for a week now, after NC capped it late at night last weekend.
  17. Morpholine

Fun fact: Even if populations were perfectly balanced at 33.33333333% each, you'd still be outnumbered 2:1.

The only empire not outnumbered is one with more than 50% global population.

Personally, I just look at it as a target-rich environment, and get my farm on.
  18. WUNDER8AR

Not meant to be mean but I have to approve :p. So any plans on putting the VS off of Esamir yet? just out of curiosity :rolleyes:
  19. Backf1re

I'm sure you've noticed the NC making a good push on Esamir ;). We can't let you have it all to yourselves :p.
  20. Jex =TE=

Well it just tips the scale the other end doesn't it. It still seems like TR own Indar and if we go onto the other regions it's the other way - I don't like either side, a cakewalk or a meatgrinder - both suck