{1080p} Lets play on Hard mode :D [No HUD gameplay]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Davelantor, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Davelantor

• Up x 2
  2. Metsuro

I get so sick, with an upset stomach watching you fly. I wish I could fly like that but it still makes me sick.
  3. Jrv

But that's not NC gameplay...
    • Up x 7
  4. blackboemmel

nice.
    awesome.
    wow!
  5. Davelantor

? what do you mean ?
  6. Serval

Have you not heard? NC = Hard Mode
    • Up x 1
  7. AquaKiller

Awesome vid, you got some impressive skills there.
  8. Kortez12

Pretty cool. People don't realize how dependent they are on HUD in games. Even not having something like hitmarkers on it's own makes it very difficult.
  9. Lord Robert

I wish I could fly like that, It looks like so much fun.
    The bridge flying at the end was particularly impressive.

Also, my friend in squad was having HUD issues as well last night. I've never had an issue with it, but I can imagine how frustrating it would be. Hope it gets looked into.
  10. DarkNeuron

Nice flying. Now get the same kills as infantry.
  11. Revorn

Vanu and Hardmode? :confused:

But nice Moves.
  12. HerpTheDerp

I was mildly interested, but ESF.

lol.

What do you even NEED a HUD in an ESF for?
  13. Davelantor

Health, Crosshair, damage direction, lock on indicator, map ... etc. :D
  14. Iksniljiksul

I am not even able to play this game in 1080p. I have to use 1600 x 900, custom low ui settings, and I only get 20-30 fps average in combat, which is actually a huge improvement over the 7-15fps I used to suffer through. What I play is a truly hard difficulty setting.
  15. ImGladUmad

Hard mode?...You have a Scythe.

Do that as an Infantry and that will be hard mode.
  16. LameFox

I can't help but chuckle at the irony of turning off the HUD in a fighter aircraft from a futuristic setting.
    • Up x 1
  17. QuantumMechanic

I've found myself wishing that I could turn off all HUD elements except the crosshairs...

SOE UI people, give us this flexibility please!
  18. Ciddie

Fantastic flying mate, do you use mouse/keyboard or a gamepad?

Did you even watch?
  19. Swoll

Scythe+hardmode?! O_O

You no doubt have the controls down but come on! :D
  20. Halo572

Hardcore mode has nothing to do with a display, it was some idiotic idea dreamt up by console developers to make console players with autoaim think they are 1337.

First I ever became aware of it was Bad Company 2, a console game PC port, where hardcore is supposedly no HUD and running around as a 1HK sniper or RPG engineer pwning as health had been reduced to 60% of normal.

They then replicated that in BF3, a console game PC port, to make people think they were orsum and also had the gall to have automatic self healing.

Other than PS2 I can't comment on any other online FPS, I have given up on them as they are consolised now.

When in reality BF2 had it down to hardcore already with a display and MORE robust health so it was more difficult to kill someone not easier unless you were in armour, an aircraft or a sniper.

If anything the standard deviation was so draconian it was super hardcore mode on unloading a clip into someone from behind, missing and being killed in one shot by them.

Getting rid of the display is not hardcore, it is stupid as not having a map to navigate by is just annoying, as is not knowing what your ammo count is or remaining health.

Hardcore should be about the skill of killing an opponent needing to aim more accurately and playing smarter, not taking a class or vehicle that is overpowered to start with, removing the HUD and running around 1HKilling and crowing how orsum 1337 you are.
    • Up x 2