Teamkills from air

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sapare, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Sapare

Now, I am never the guy to say take away FF and normally I dont mind teamkills because they are accidental...

BUT

Twice now I have been killed by an air units with rocketpots(or a lib) who decides to nuke me. Oce I was laying C4 on a enemy tank(you could argue he didnt know, still no reason to shoot while I am on it). The other time I was detryoing a mana turret when some mossy came by and nuked me to hell.

Mostly just a rage topic, but WTH? Pilots not douchbaggy enough yet?
  2. MiZrY

Collateral damage..... you died a hero, but the pilot has to live with killing one of his own.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hydragarium

How in sweet jesus's name do you expect aircraft to be able to spot you when you are standing next to an ENEMY TANK.

:rolleyes:
  4. Sapare

on an enemy tank, and this wasnt some crown fight, this was a minor battle and he knew I was there, pretty sure bout it.
  5. Hydragarium

He most likely did not.

1. Infantry is hard enough to spot while on the ground. The silhouettes are too simple at range to make out faction infantry.
    2. Filters - If he had any of the filters on he wouldn't be able to spot you as his own faction unless he was actively SPOTTING you.
    3. Expectation - why would there be a friendly soldier at the enemy tank? It's most likely an engineer, repairing it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Sapare

Porbably, which is why I wasnt really upset bout that. the mossy was an utter ********* though.
  7. Zotamedu

I'm more annoyed of the number of TKs I manage to get from my deployed Sunderer. People stood next to it at just died. I think it was sliding ever so slightly for some strange reason.
  8. daskleineviech

TR pilots are pretty much brain dead, just stay away from Mossies. The Lib gunner can't see you on a tank if he's got thermal/infrared, and I've never seen a Lib without it.

Update 1 killed traction, everything that's not flat will move your vehicle, except if you are a moving Magrider (standing ones still suffer from it). Because Auraxis doesn't have laws of physics, it's just mild physical suggestions.
  9. Neovita

Did you ever fly yourself? Do it and all your questions will be answered! I did never saw any friendly's with a message like "Wait a second, let me place my C4, after that you can shoot and btw, i am friendly, even if i am almost out of rendering range for everyone in this game" above their heads

So dude, sorry, but i can't blame any pilot or gunner to blow you up as long the tank gets down as well
  10. jelf

Nah, those might be true but I doubt it.

It's more like the pilots did that intentionally(not avoiding tk). People want kills so much in this game that they won't think twice even though getting a kill means possible tk.
    Just check the giraffe camo thread some days ago and you'll see what I mean. Most people would rather kill a friendly than let an enemy live.
    Even if that pilot/gunner really knows what you are doing, it's likely he still shots because he wants to get the kill instead of you.

Personally I think increase the punishment for tk. Or add a tk stat and calculate the K/D ratio(or add another ratio like the KA/D) by subtracting the number of tks from the kills.
  11. Sapare

I play mossy bout 1/4th of my time, yea. And as a mossy you have to be close enough to see the infantry for sure, which is why there is no way the guy who killed me for a mana turret did not see me. As for the tank guy,guess it never be known.
  12. Zotamedu

Yeah I kind of noticed that Auraxis has a complete lack of friction. Guess I'll have to cert into the high traction chassis.
  13. Neovita

Mana turrets has the same rendering range as vehicles (up to 800 meters) and you should know that, if you fly "1/4" of your time. So if you approach it, it might be possible not to see the infantry (307 meters rendering range was the maximum i ever was able to notice in this game). Simple math will tell you, that there are 493 meters of difference, which gives the pilot 2 seconds to fire his/her missiles and uncover you AFTER that. You will still get the damage then, because you was within rendering range at the moment of explosion.

But well, you are flying a lot and know all that much better then i do, right?

Edit: You was not moving all the time, right? So there cant me your fault running into flying missiles in any way? And btw, did you ever saw those "i am friendly"-shields? Where can we buy it?
  14. daskleineviech

It should be fixed in the next patch, hopefully. It's a bug (more accidently removed feature) and has been reported a bazillion times. Of course a lot of other stuff (boohoos about the Carv, the Magriders and so on) have been reported more, so maybe everyone forgot about it.
  15. Sapare

There was an enemy engy at the turret, I sneaked up to him at about 50 meter distance I shot him in the back and killed him. The enemy mossy was about 100 meter of the ground(shooting first barrage at the turret)

I then AFTER killing the engy started moving toward the turret, the mossy reloading atm, by now there is no way he didnt notice me. I run up to the turret, knife it once, and get 8 rockets up my ***.(side note, I afterwards respawned as a HA and shoved a rocket up his plane, so I am even with the guy, but dont tell me there are no pilots who dont fear FF on their own guys)