Warning on taking on hackers in game (you will lose)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Spiritech

Unfortunately this bloke has been going for over a week now. He's not the only one on the server, but he is the most blatant and simply proof that SOE does not give a continental about the state of the game. Most cheaters get noticed, called out in yell and TK'd, at least I do that but this guy is so brazen about his cheating he makes it impossible for anybody other than an administrator to deal with him. He changes characters daily, goes on small "sprees" never really taking the top of the leaderboard until he thinks he can win the battle by teleporting into a spawn and killing off everybody for a couple minutes to allow the zerg time to camp the team in. At Allatum he just did exactly that 15 minutes ago, waited til the zerg was pushing in and then murdered the spawn room for a couple minutes until the zerg got the SCU down.

Now we all know he's an **** but making real life threats against him is as against the EULA/TOS/law as anything he does as well, so we'll cut that out. The fact is this game needs an anti cheat very soon, observation and manual bannings DO NOT WORK, no company can be expected to man every server, 24 hours a day watching for suspicious activity. VAC is obviously the gold standard, and linking yourself to that system will discourage ANY cheating because people won't want to lose their Steam accounts. Punkbuster is about as effective as a wet dishrag unfortunately. The last option is to develop your own which I am sure is in the works, but a solution is needed immediately not in 6 months once you've decompiled the cheating programs and worked out the holes in your software and how to plug/detect them.

Also let's stop using the word hacker to describe cheaters, hacking is a process which involves a certain level of intelligence, logic and skill. None of which is exhibited by someone downloading or purchasing a cheating program and running it to gain some advantage in an online game. Back in my IRC days we called these people script kiddies with their floods and borrowed botnets and I find that a far more apt term for what they do.

Furthermore this has ruined double XP time for a lot of people, myself included. I believe once SOE have detected and banned these people from the game, we as the honest, patient, playing(sometimes paying) playerbase deserve something. Even if it is just a cosmetic item such as Valve did for TF2 "idling", the cheater's lament hat being awarded to the honest players. But some bonus certs would not go astray!
  2. Tasogie

Well its not great quality, but heres a video, excuse the music, for some reason fraps recorded game sounds an music over top. I was listening to them while I play (helps me concentrate) lol

I didnt realize how short that was, Sorry I posted wrong one. I will have tpo upload the one where hes actually killing me over an over, so you cna see how he does it.
  3. Dovahkiin

Today on the server I play on, 4 sunderers were on the crown. We were trying to take it and sundenly 2 hackers spawn camp a sunderer.

People kept spawning on that sunderer (because it was the closest) for 5 minutes before giving it up. He killed me ~20 times. Along with everyone else, he prolly got ~150 kills.
    They later went on to make what looked like a successful capture for the vanu a succesful defense for TR because VS forces poured in mainly from 2 areas.

They were using aimbots and teleporting hacks. They also went through the ground and through rocks. They never died so I think they had god mode, but I'm not sure.

2 hackers changed the tide of battle. ONLY 2. What the hell?!

These were the first hackers I had ever seen, and people were right in saying that they ruin the game so much.
  4. LittleDi

At least in Eve Online you can usually move away from people making your life miserable. Here however hackers have the life of teleport, aimbot, instakill anyone anywhere anytime because nothing has stopped them for a week or more.
  5. Tasogie

na in EVE these script kids wouldn't stand a chance. 1 10b bounty on them, an their lives are done. every time they undock, every time they do a mission, anything. 50 people KOS them...EVE has a very "hands on" way of dealing with griefers.
  6. Spiritech

With a little bit of searching I've found the cheat this guy is using, and his account on their forums. I won't post the information here as we don't need any more people cheating on Briggs.
    • Up x 1
  7. NovaAustralis

Yeah, I admit I also used "IDDQD" and "Vivalahelvig", etc... in games like Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake and Red Faction. You got me.

Oh wait... They were SINGLE PLAYER FPS games.

PS2 is a MMOFPS.
    Your opponents aren't mindless bots, they are other people, connected to the game via the internet.
    Therefore cheating has a direct effect on a real live human being.

Cheating against a bot vs. cheating against another person are two different things.
    In both cases you are really cheating yourself, but in the latter you are also depriving the other person of a good game.
  8. Myfyr

Yeah, pretty sure this kid has an actual mental illness. He spent about 20 minutes griefing me the other day (I'm also VS). He'd noclip inside my deployed sundie and turn off noclip, thus dieing and causing me to accumulate grief points. I was consecutively weapon locked 8 or 9 times. I'd never seen him, or communicated with him, before, during or after. And he's just sitting there, dieing repeatedly. At least I could just sit there and accumulate spawn XP. Annoying, yes, but mostly very strange.

Got a form response from CS, and this was day before yesterday. Disappointing to hear he's back.
  9. Maliza

Eve has locator agents. An enemy can find your location and fly straight to you.

You should avoid using words when you do not know the definition of them. Also, if you place a bounty on an enemy the enemy will use an alt to collect the bounty for himself. You appear to be as ignorant of Eve as you are of PS2.

If you don't want another player to kill you don't play any pvp game.
  10. gunshooter

I think the saddest thing here is that you legitimately believe that he cares/will be effected by you reporting him.
    • Up x 1
  11. CombatWomble

While this is pretty evil, it's not limited to hackers, i had a guy take a disliking to me a while back and he would hunt me down to TK me everytime we were both online, this went on for a few days.
    Reporting harassment does nothing, sorry but SoE don't care about this, it's part of the game in their eyes.
  12. Sebastien

Excel 2.0
  13. Believer

I'm thinking there is more to this story than you are revealing. When you are being bullied, it is important to maintain the high ground, because if you don't, you are essentially telling the gm's that you will deal with it on your own, and they most certainely will have to turn their backs on you, as they should.

Having said that, I find it hard to believe there is no name change feature, at least as a cash item.
  14. Tasogie

lol if you say so, I only started eve in 05...If you new anything about EVE, you would know they changed bounty's weeks ago.
    Please do not converse with me until you can keep a civil tone.
    Theres a good lad.

edit
    I have stated how this came about, if you dont wish to believe it, that is your choice.
  15. Maliza

If you knew anything about the English language you would have a lot more credibility at this point. What you keep calling griefing is merely player versus player game play. Bounty changes do not negate the fact you are talking out of your rear on all these issues. The "hands on approach" you refer to in Eve to stop "griefers" is paying a ransom directly to your attackers to stop those awful children from repeatedly killing you. Perhaps you can request that PS2 implement a similar method of allowing you to buy your way out of normal game play.

I have kept a civil tone with you, I am sorry it offends you when others point out how you are ignorant. Unfortunately for us all it doesn't change the fact that you are ignorant. By civil tone do you mean I should call you a child as you do others who disagree with your foolishness? Or perhaps I should improperly use words like you do and that would qualify as being civil?

You got killed, you couldn't handle it so you sent /tells to the "evil" attacker, attacking him in your broken version of the English language. The attacker decided to continue killing you since your tears are delicious. That's it, that is all there is to this.

Young children like yourself often take the same approach, and it fails just as badly for them as it has for you. Obviously common sense tells you that you should just ignore the attacker (as has been suggested here), but as we have all seen you have no common sense.

Keep crying, I am sure that will make all the bad men stop molesting you.
  16. Iksniljiksul

Replies like this are uncalled for and people with this attitude do not belong having an internet connection.
    • Up x 3
  17. Tasogie

Ive already blocked the trolls mate, that last abusive silly one was just boring. not even original, an I dont have time for any of that silliness.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tasogie

well in all fairness, I have asked the ADMIN if I can get a name change or a char transfer to my alt on same server, so we will see. I am hoping after I sent the vids to them that this time they will do so.
    The ban they gave him didn't work naturally.
  19. DarthItachi

Sad to see this happen to you. Personally I would say try taking a break for a while. It's natural you feel that way after being abuse in that manners. I hope SOE will take their responsibility to combat hackers as one of their top list. That + bug fixes, optimization and more content to help balance air and ground power level. A game that is being abuse by hacker and cheater will lose it's legit player base if it's not taken seriously. Hope everything will turn out well for you.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tasogie

cheers mate, much appreciated. I do play an "alt" now on same server, so thats good... its back to how it was first 4 weeks. Though god I didn't realize how much difference certs make, not to mention the weapons. I suck sideways as it is.
    Really gonna be unhappy though if SOE doesn't give me a name change or something.