Have no clue what faction to pick.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KayleTL, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KayleTL

I do love the TR look, but then again they probably are the most popular faction. The VS I agree with ideologically, but they are considered the most OP and I hate to be THAT guy. NC seem to be the UP faction, but my NC character is the least experienced.

Am I the only one on the fence?
    It seems like everyone else has loads of faction loyalty.
  2. Big Cyz

It really doesn't matter. If you like TR go with them.
  3. bPostal

TR. That's the correct answer!

Realistically though, try them all and pick whichever one you like the best.
    • Up x 1
  4. DJPenguin

i'd just pick whatever faction you liked the looks of the most regardless of how powerful/less they are.
  5. f0d

dont let what some consider OP or UP to change your opinions as over the lifetime of the game it will flip flop between factions and weapons what is UP and OP

you should pick out the faction you like because you like them not because they are OP or UP

it was easy for me to pick after being VS on PS1 for close to 10 years
  6. Lucidius134

Give all 3 a try. I wouldn't say VS are OP OP. TR and NC are just jelly out tank can HOVER. Our Empire Specific Fighter (ESF) is a little too maneuverable at the moment though, i'll agree there.
  7. JohnnyMaverik

VS are only the OP boys because they nerf'e the TR ROF a little too much... personally I blame the NC but then I would wouldn't I :p

At the moment I'd say play NC, they need the people. If I wasn't in a VS outfit that I've played with since Beta I'd switch to NC, only picked VS because we liked the idea of playing the least popular faction (as I believe they were for much of PS1).
  8. EWarren

I would say pick one that first comes to mind (that is what your heart tells you)

But playing all 3 has its benefits - you get to know the game from all perspectives, as well as learning from those playing that faction whom you consider especially good at what they do.

One thing that I didnt realize was how much I like the TR Indar warp-gate location (in-game stats can't tell you this). Love the flat desert area. I felt clausophobic playing NC - those canyons...
  9. Bearcat

Just play all 3. The only "faction loyalty" you should have is having fun.
  10. Lucidius134

Not to mention it covers half the map and they have the most territory in their geographic location on that map....

NC's territory is just awful.
  11. Xaturas

Just don't pick NC. Saves you the trouble of rerolling and raging when they won't get fixed in January poo patch.
  12. Kalocin

You know, we aren't that bad...It's that attitude of "don't join us we suck!" that drives away players and good outfits. >.>
    • Up x 1
  13. Rhapsody

VS = easy mode. Weapons have little to no recoil, no bullet drop, and are the most accurate out of ALL 3 factions. Their fire-rate is also nearly equal to that of the TR. Also their tanks can dodge anything fired at it that is 'not' guided.

TR = medium mode. Weapons still have little recoil. Its there, but its manageable, even on full-auto fire. Their not quite as accurate as the VS, but they can keep 'multiple' rounds within the same area in 4-8 shot bursts. They also have the highest fire-rate and largest clip-sizes, meaning less reloading during heavy fights.

NC = hard mode. Weapons have the highest kick out of all 3. Meaning that if you try to fire anything more than 2-3 shots in a burst, the 3rd.. and even sometimes 2nd shot will miss the mark by quite a bit. Their weapons also have the slowest fire-rate out of all 3 empires. They have the hardest 'hit'.. but again.. slowest fire-rate, and worst accuracy thanks to the pure accuracy stat on the weapons + the terrible recoil.

Basically pick your difficulty level if your not worried about the uniforms and the way the weapons 'look'.
    • Up x 1
  14. Tigga

Join the one with the lowest pop on your server.
  15. MeltingCPU

Pick NC, the coolest one. Going TR you are just a number and I heard VS suits will have nipples in the next patch. lol kidding
    • Up x 1
  16. olievlekje

If you like tanks pick VS if you like miniguns choose TR if you like shotguns pick NC

if you like to have a winning feeling even if you suck just pick the biggest faction on that specific server =)

At the moment Numbers>Tactics as the bases maybe exept for the crown are impossible to defend against the zerg
  17. St0mpy

Theres a lot the same, but also a lot different. Really the answer depends on what is your play style, gaming experience and favourite things to do in an fps are, since what vehicles or classes you use define the choice more.
  18. Nocturnal7x

I had no idea when I first launched the game, as I clicked on each faction I noticed they had different music. I picked NC because I liked their music the best. I have been NC for 2 months now. I just knew what I was meant to do, ya know.
  19. SarahM

you can create up to three chars. Make one for each faction and try out which one you like best, then delete the other chars.
  20. WUNDER8AR

roflmao. I'm VS and I approve of nipples:D. +1 for smexy transhuman nerds!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.