This game is amazing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlexR, Dec 30, 2012.

1. AlexR

Most of topics here are so negative. So i want to say this game is amazing. It is buggy, sure not finished, sometimes feels like playing beta, with problems, with stress, anger, whining. But. This is amazing game, i don't like MMO's at all but now i like one. Planetside 2 is full of pure fun, action, blasting massive battles and laughing with friends, no matter how many problems are still there. PS2 is great and that's why i keep playing it. Let's say some nice and warm things here instead of whining and cursing.
    • Up x 22
  2. maels7rom

I love it, been hooked since day 1. The bug fixes are coming fast and new content n Jan. All the haters can go back to wow or d3 . I'm gonna be here fighting FOR FREEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMM
    • Up x 3
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

The reason why i play this game is because unlike 99% of FPS's out there, this game will only get better with time. Truly better, not just cheap little DLC's or promotional guns. but real content with devs that care about what the community wants vs balanced gameplay.
    • Up x 3
  4. Boris

Shame this thread will sink beneath the writhing seas of whine.
  5. DevErik

I think its fun. Good job SOE.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jourmand1r

How long have you been playing?

Are you playing on Matherson?

These are both important questions.

The game's quality is extremely dependent on server population. Most of the people who are happy with where the game is play on the bigger servers that arent dying.
  7. Cloudayo

Amen, this game has consumed my winter break and will likely result in a drop of my university GPA next semester!

Thanks a bunch SOE!
    • Up x 5
  8. LastLieutenant

For every one person complaining on the forum there are 10 others out there playing the game and enjoying it.
    • Up x 4
  9. LastLieutenant

I used PS2 as a study break during finals. Got some of the best grades of my life! haha
    • Up x 1
  10. Cloudayo

I'll have to use this strategy.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dr. Nick Riviera

Yep its really awesome.. The gameplay is perfect.. only thing they HAVE to improve is the performance and crashing issues..
    • Up x 1
  12. AlexR

You have been selected to hit the front lines and participate in the PlanetSide 2 Beta! 7th october 2012
    That's my starting point. And i'm playing on Miller (eurydome in beta). Don't tell you don't like something because of bad server, you are free to choose.
  13. Uncle Coord

I have currently got 160 hours clocked post-beta on Cobalt server...

Love the game, infact I love every aspect of it, even the crappy ones.

The FPS games we PC gamers have seen lately have been truly ****e, military sims over and over and over again, now we have something unique and wonderful.

The game has its issues that span many facets, from lag and optimization to questionable pay to win guns and balance problems, and after all that I still say this game is wonderful, if it werent for my Borderlands fandom I would proclaim this game GOTY, as far as PvP shooters goes, this is the best PC has seen since TF2 was released...

As the OP said, this game will get better, and I live in constant hope that this game can match its predecessor in longevity and in 10 years time we will be playing the beta of planetside 3 ******** about how its not as good as planetside 2.
    • Up x 1
  14. EscrotoVil

Same feel bro

I think this game have few problems to be solved, but i'm enjoying it a lot. I can go battle and exit when i want, whithout queues, for me a good graphics/gameplay balanced for the loads of people playing together, not a single lag or low fps time given, not even a crash...

Its a fiction war but feels like a real war, every victory on a base is ephemeral unless you still fighting for it, keeping you moving all time. Voice chat, the best i've ever seen, love proximity chat a loads.

Don't know why people in the game use voice chat offten, maybe hte comunity have to mature to mature the game as well, but have this game leaved me shocked, I'm enjoying it a lot.
    • Up x 1
  15. AlexR

Continue
  16. RayDrazon

I play on SolTech. I really hope SOE decides to merge low population servers soon.
  17. Boris

Same here, I think we are lucky this server is pretty good, though the NC seem to get a bit hammered sometimes mostly due to lower pop.
  18. Siilk

It's a good idea to have a thread like this. With all the complaining and bug reporting, we really need to take some time to simply say to all the dev team and all the players here that even with all it's bugs and balance issues, Planetside 2 is still an awesome game! Keep it up devs, you're doing a great job!
    • Up x 2
  19. Tycon

The game is very good, however it does have some problems it needs to fix before it reaches crack levels of compulsion. Buzz posted a great article on this on the forums today, you should check it out.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/problems-with-planetside-2-as-i-see-them.73820/

As Total Biscut has stated before, the likely culprit for these problem is probably due to the rushed release date. The concept and execution of a modernized game on this scale is very new and to execute that perfectly on launch seams unrealistic. Planetside 1 had a lot of elements from the shooters of its day like the Half life: Counter strike and Quake style of equiped knife and hip fire cursor vs the Call of Duty and Battle Field inspired game play of Aiming down the sights and knife command attack buttons.

At least its not as disappointing as Diablo 3 as a silver lining to worst case scenarios as well as being free to play.
  20. Azarga

The game is great.
    It has s**t-load of bugs, poor optimisation and it lacks metagame.
    But it's still fun as hell. Worth every $ I spent on it so far.
    • Up x 1