Imagine if the devs actually listened to these forums

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Dec 26, 2012.

1. {joer

Just think what a horrible game PS2 would be. There would be no strategy, no skill, no thinking outside of the box to win.

It would be a constant stream of infantry, with identical weapons, and near indestructible sunderers only.

I know most of you NERF THIS people have a school day off, but instead of playing the same way you always play, I have an idea.

TRY to play what you think needs to be nerfed. Try to play that way. Come back and tell us how it went.
    • Up x 7
  2. Otleaz

Balance is the least of this game's problems, and these forums are a gold mine for ways to fix it.
  3. Otsu

Haha, i totally agree with you :)
    Everything would get nerfed including TR, VS and NC weps :p
  4. Sinoby

I guess we will be shooting rainbows at each other, and aircrafts with magriders would be exploiding right after being spawned. The driver will get killed and will have -100 500 deathes, so his K/D will be ruined. After that he would uninstall and kill himself since there would not be a single point of living after your k/d is 0/100500. Would be fun!
  5. 13lackCats

If even 10% of the "ideas" were adopted, I'd probably unsubscribe. 25% and I'd quit.

I'm sick of playing red vs blue. I'm sick of scripted wins and a ending movie telling me how great I am.

I want a challenge. RO2 flopped, PS2 delivers.
  6. Protential

Nothing needs nerfed...Certian things need fixed?? I think if the dev's paid attention to the forums, they would notice some of the problems players are having, and be able to decide if they are real.

1. The only strategy I see people using is Ghost cap or Zerg, both seem to be the most effective, however 0 real thought in doing these, they happen naturally.

2. There is little to no skill needed now. Regardless of which position you play it from. Slight need for good accuracy, if you play NC. Every thing else Spray 2 win, all weapons are basically the same as your starting weapon, with a few variations.

3. Nerf Sundy's! Lol

Game is still fun though. I am a counter-strike player. Only FPS I got in to on the computer. Otherwise I played console versions mainly, I don't have a problem with no strategy, etc. etc. I know what point I need to take, and I want skill to prove the winner, with a slight variable being equipment, which can not be incredibly different to anything anyone else has access to. But it should change your play style greatly...Oh yeah I did play PS1 A LOT. Lol
  7. LabRatTy

The funny thing is, right now, infantry can be incredibly powerful against both tanks & sky if they actually coordinate their attacks. But they don't, they play "solo." So they die, and complain that they're free kills.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jestunhi

Imagine the quality of balance if we all just ignored obvious imbalances and played kiss-*** to the devs instead of voicing concerns over issues.
    • Up x 3
  9. LiquidGG

If devs would listen to this forum, the VS would be nerfed to ground.
    Liberators would be removed from the game. Nobody would use ESF because AA would be 1hit-kills.
    The game would be boring as ****.
    Could go on forever.
    • Up x 1
  10. quicKsanD

If you aren't listening to the buff and nerf posts there are actually some decent ideas here and some legitimate gripes. That being said the balance between air, ground, and infantry is somewhat delicate as is the balance between empires. Those specific balances should be addressed by the Dev's only using statistics and information from the game not player gripes. There are useful suggestions on these forums and I encourage fans to continue posting them. The nerf XYZ threads can stop though.
    • Up x 1
  11. T0rin

Not to mention devs don't read forums for suggestions. There are likely community agents whose job it is to peruse forums, look for trends, facilitate internal discussions, come up with requirements, then pass them to devs. There are likely many filters that any given idea passes through before it actually gets implemented in the game. There are probably also data trends done on forum posts to help find these trends, to get that ball rolling. But don't kid yourself.. no devs are just spending their days reading forum posts, then turning around and coding some crap to put into the game, it just doesn't work like that.

The "small but vocal" crowd probably doesn't have a very big impact on development, which is why you don't see stuff being nerfed like people are asking. All the whining about rocket pods probably got a conversation and internal discussion going, wherein the effectiveness of the rockets was analyzed and determine that it needed to be tweaked slightly, but no amount of "omg remove those op rockets from the game" posts are going to actually make that happen.

So, complain all you want if it makes you feel better. But realize, the devs have a creative agenda here, and because your ideas of "balance" conflict with theirs, does not mean you should expect to see some change happen. They will likely address glaring balance issues, but just because you re-spawned at a Sunderer 4 times and got killed by a Zephyr each time, then went to whine on the forums about it, doesn't mean they are going to nerf Liberators.
    • Up x 1
  12. dragondrop

There's nothing wrong with suggesting things, who knows, it might spark an idea or a discussion.
    The problem with this forum is all the whining. Every other thread is "Air is so overpowered and AA sucks *** since I can't take down a Liberator with a MAX, so nerf or buff stuff so I can go on a killing rampage all by myself or I will quit PS2 and the game will be ruined!", and most other threads are also "XXX (not) OP"
    Some of those things may or may not be issues, but I do believe that there has been enough raging to make the developers look into things.
    Balancing is not something you can do in an afternoon, and I'd bet my christmas money that most people haven't balanced anything ever, yet go on and on about the same **** every few minutes. If I was at SOE I wouldn't read all that crap, I'd go sit at my desk with my analysis tools and tweak things the right way.
  13. Mietz

Imagine if the forum had less people complaining about the complaining and instead had a discussion about actual gameplay.

It would be paradise.

It will never happen.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ixal

Isn't it already?
  15. TrenchDigger

to be honest i don't know why the dev's listen to the forums at all. It's their game, they made it and you guys expect them to change things whenever you don't like something.

When they do change something people respond with more hate and vile.
  16. Mietz

Then they can play it by themselves.

I'm sure they will have a lot of fun.
    • Up x 1
  17. {joer

Ghost capping gets annoying. I don't mind ghost capping on substations, in fact I encourage it, but finding out a tech plant has one guy there is very annoying, agreed.

This I'd argue isn't true. If anything I'm finding I need more skill as a TR then I do on my NC since with the TR if I don't land those sprays and he is equally skilled I'm going to die first. You don't quite know how frustrating it is to start hitting an NC heavy from behind, as a heavy, they turn around and I still killed them but I have 1-2 bars of health left. Thats when I started first from behind. Had that being even I'd be toast. Headshots become more important with the fast fire weapons.

ESF's still ruing tank farming for ya? ;)
  18. Shadowhunter1

I am commenting on number 1, about the ghost capping.

They need to make it mandatory to have the maximum amount of people on the point to have it flip into the favor of that faction. anything less and the point should not move. mandatory WIDE roof over the cover to prevent easy liberator bombing on the point to help make it more infantry game. MANDATORY make it so if there are 0 people on the point it AUTOMATICALLY returns to the original owner, even if there is 1% left for your faction, force people to stay and play the meta game as intended.

I HIGHLY believe that if ghost capping is not removed, and the meta game is return, PS2 won't survive another month.

I DEMAND my meta game, and i request that ghost capping any small or large base removed entirely. the strategy of the game would change completely, AND people would at least be able to find a half squad to fight and REALLY help the smaller outfits find what they wanted. NOT being with the zerg forces 24/7.

ALSO!!!! remove ALL the damn windows from the generator rooms, put in vent passages for the light assault to get up, and a small maze for them to get to the point. it would be sneaky, and useful for infiltrators.

I ALSO DEMAND some underground bases for PURE infantry fights, and some PURE open areas with a huge roof area for HUGE MBT battles without air interfering.
    I am giving you all those ideas for free sony. now use them and make more money off me, BUT GIVE ME MY META GAME AND REMOVE GHOST CAPPING!!! NOW DAMN IT!!!
  19. EWarren

PS1 is the lesson of listening to everyone and changing core mechanics to please segments of population
  20. Mietz

Because I have a magrider avatar?

Yeah no, I main TR as HA and A2A ESF.
    My Vanu didn't get any playtime during the past 2 weeks.