Terrain flickering leading to lockup

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by UnreaIEck, Dec 25, 2012.

1. UnreaIEck

The fact that the terrain flickering then lockup bug is still present in the game and is what most people would consider a major issue and of priority, shows this game is still in a beta phase.
  2. Konstantinn

Terrain flicker has been happening to me since launch, it's pretty rare yet annoying. Only way to fix it is to exit game completely log back in. No idea what's causing it, happens at random times in any situation really.
  3. Hydragarium

I've never - not once have had the flicker bug cause a crash or lockup.
  4. UnreaIEck

Lucky you. You should rejoice and celebrate. When you're done, you should come back here and let us all know what difference that makes to this topic.
  5. Hydragarium

The fact that you're the first I've heard having it lock/crash up the game in some 30 pages of feedback on the issue.
  6. Meccros

i've been getting the terrain "flicker" bug alot over the past few days, seems to be at random but generally after 1hr of play. most of the time it's not recoverable, fps drops to 0, game starts locking up, sometimes it causes it to crash, the other times when it comes out of it normal gameplay only works for about 30 - 45 seconds then the flicker / lockups return

i dont know the exact stats as i never bothered to track them but i would guess far less than 1/2 the time it's not able to recover for me

also noticed at the same time when this happens my gpu usage remains stable but it's memory usage drops to 0
  7. Hobosapien

I've submitted bug reports each time this has happened to me (something like 60 times or so since I got in closed beta now). Just because you don't get this issue doesn't mean it's not a major one, contribute or get out. Nobody likes a flame war when we're trying to get stuff done. Also, there's another thread on THIS forum page and one on what is currently page 6 (http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/screen-flicker.67864/) Dev replys in that one, they're working on it.
  8. Hydragarium

1. I'm not flaming - Try polishing those eyes of yours. Must be something wrong if that's what you read.
    2. I never claimed it wasn't a major issue - only that freezing and having the game lock up is not necessarily the same issue. Or even related.
    3. The devs have been "working on it" since tech test - where it appeared. And yes - people should stop making more threads about the issue, use the search tool and contribute to the (new) primary thread you linked to.