Squad Beacons need a nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stormlight666, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Stormlight666

I still think the timers on them need an increase - plain and simple. The problem is: I didn't have the time to DO ANYTHING outside trying to keep the generators up while the other player was hunting beacons/fixing generators. I'd love to have had a SUNDY UP but no time. I'd love to have set down a beacon of my own (except I really know nothing about beacons since the game doesn't teach you about them and I don't generally run in a squad). Maybe if the base respawn timer was reduced 5 seconds from 15, I might have been able to get some extra time to do that.
  2. P4nda

First of all your numbers are totally unrealistic and not backed up.

1. The spawn timer for a friendly base is around 10s give or take a few.
    2. The spawn timer for a squad beacon is I believe 4 minutes (240seconds).
    3. Even fully upgraded I believe the timer is only reduced to 2 minutes (120 seconds) - Can someone verify this for me please?

Essentially - what the **** is the problem here OP? Stop calling nerfs on anything and everything and LEARN TO PLAY THE ******* GAME. Nerf callers are seriously ruining my fun factor and gaming experience with their outlandish and selfish demands to make the game catered towards them. You guys are basically doing the same thing hackers do - you demand a game to require no skill or knowledge, and would prefer to get an easy 200 K/D...

If a challenge is not fun for you I doubt you will find much success in life.
  3. sustainedfire

This seems like a troll thread. If you are a "vetern" engineer, you should have a better idea of what tools are at your disposal.

As others mentioned, if you do not like walking, spawn a sunderer and you have your own waypoint! Or if walking alone is the issue, hell spawn a Flash. As an engineer, vehicles are your strong suit since you have the ability to repair.

Spawn beacons have a very large beam of light that shines into the air, and to make it easy to identify, they are color coded to the empire that dropped the beacon. Red=TR, Purple=Vanu, Blue=NC. If you see a huge laser beam coming out of the ground that is not your team color, run/drive/fly over to it and shoot it a few times. Beacon gone, and you get XP!

Spawn beacons are not hidden at all- you need to improve your situational awareness!
    • Up x 1
  4. Stormlight666

You're right, why should the devs make base defending important than the sad state it is in right now. Where are these mystical blown base defending squads you seen to know everything about - oh wait, they don't exist. The squads are too busy zerging, while the outfits that do strategic stuff are on the offensive and don't protect base blows either.
  5. Cinc

Actullty, i believe theres various upgrades you can buy with certs, one of which is command chat. But for any non-dedicated commanders, that isnt actully an option.

All the same, this still looks like a good use of excellent strategy to me. And ill be honest, use of strategy needs to be buffed in this game, not nerfed.
  6. Stormlight666

There's a difference between a challenge and futility. A challenge stands a chance to actually succeed. All I'm asking for is for the DEVS to look at the ways it can be exploited (ie: multiple beacon drops by changing squad leaders) and consider raising the drop time up one lousy minute. 60 seconds so a defender can get ahead of things and get that squad beacon down, grab a sundy, fix that generator to coordinate or even be able to find some more help.
  7. Bill Hicks

It makes sense a VS or TR player would hate spawn beacons, most of them dont even know how to step out of their magriders and rocket podders and fight infantry
  8. Stormlight666

I'm not saying next time I won't look into doing things a bit differently. It's just that I didn't have ANY time to be able to work up a plan other than constantly being forced to head off disaster. BOOM, enemy dies. Sound of a pod dropping. Boom enemy dies again. Get gunned down by his partner fixing a genny, boom he hits a mine. Beacon gets destroyed but the 1st guy has dropped and puts another down. 2nd guy drops. battle for the genny's continues. Beacon dies, they shift leadership again and drop another beacon. All I want is 60 more seconds added to the drop timer. In 60 seconds I could have gotten that Sundy up or changed to LA and found the beacon.
  9. SenEvason

There's the problem, with this thread, and most of the others on the forums.
  10. Neovita

OMG, now the fact that the act of defence is completely useless is his/her problem. Dude, you are OFF TOPIC in your own whining thread! Learn to play. If you dont like it, then leave back to PS1 and have your fun, but at the moment you are in a DIFFERENT game. Its just that simple
  11. iller

Actually they can.... in ways that an LA will have a hard time finding them since they aren't ALWAYS up on something high (or if they are, it's so damn high that an LA will never get to it safely without being gunned down first)

I think a better solution would just be to give Infiltrators a "Climbing Cert" so they can do their jobs better and search under all the high-ground with-overhangs that exist in various bases that LA's simply can't reach discretely. ....and they might as well B/c INF's really don't have much else to do during base Defense once they've laid out both their Betties.
  12. SarahM

No wonder sunderers only appear on large assaults and galaxies are only used as large gun platforms... Why use a transport when you can just bacon in?
  13. Blaank

You can blow up beacons with daltons, zephyers, rocket pods, grenades, gunfire, and knives. I'm pretty sure landing a drop pod right on top of them will destroy them too.

Lot's of times they are put up high and can only be dealt with by planes or LA with top level jetpacks.

If they make it literally undestroyable by putting it in some bugged location, that should be addressed.
  14. Stormlight666

My question is: What is the harm in adding 60 seconds to the beacon drop timer when it's fully certed. Everyone wants to scream that i'm a crappy player and that they're fine the way they are, but no one wants to argue how 60 seconds breaks the beacon?
  15. Krona

In a game where you can die instantly from any myriad of things, I think 2 minutes uncerted is fair.

Plus they're on 5 minute cooldowns to place them, only SL's can place them, they make a giant signal beam in the sky, and you can kill them.
  16. Stormlight666

And you can change SL's and place them again, then switch back once your timer is up. Take that into consideration. As for killing them, yes you can - if you can get to them.
    2 minutes fully certed is fair (up from 1 - so i'm told). It won't affect squad drops overall and it gives base defenders a bit more in their favor considering base design is against them (unless you're in the Crown).
  17. Neovita

The answer is simple and you got it already 3 times in this thread: It will force me and other players to waste time waiting for our enemys (those beacon users you dont like!) 60 seconds longer!
  18. yama

signature..
    /thread
  19. WolfA4

You are lying. The beacon has a timer not only for spawning on it, but also for dropping a new one.
  20. Zer0range

Everything that makes you rage = nerf?