Squad Beacons need a nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stormlight666, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Stormlight666

Yeah and you can just put another person as squad leader and drop another one. So it's the game that needs changing.
  2. Stormlight666

Anyways like it matters since I wager everyone commenting here are the infiltrators and none of you are the defending engies.
  3. Neovita

Then drop your own beacon and use it to get advantages, because you can use your spawn room AND your beacon at same time. Did you get thoughts to deploy a sunderer, so you can spawn much faster? infiltrators are not able to do anything against vehicles. Just stop whining around, there are hundreds of ways to beat 2 attackers, if you are not able to do it, then your own ability to play must be the problem there. As i said, try to get better and let others have fun killing those beacon users :)
    • Up x 1
  4. Cinc

Ah, that sounds like a problem with the games base design. Its hell to defend, rather simple to attack.

On other news, would it of helped you if they'd brought a sunderer instead? And, you know, brought in every noob in the area who just spotted a new spawnpoint?
  5. GamerOS

Squad beacons are fine, if you can't handle two Infiltrators then it's an issue at your end.

Heck I managed to kill 2 TR infiltrators 2 times with a WARDEN on the cliffs at Tawrich before I finally managed to put an end to their drop podding.
  6. Stormlight666

Either way it was really making me angry (enough to post this thread). There wasn't a sundy nearby or else I'd have had more than 30 seconds to do something before they were back and another generator was compromised. I'm just trying to bring some attention to something that needs to be looked at. Defending is already a lost cause in PS2 and this just makes protecting bases another failed crusade. Being able to drop beacon after beacon and only having a 1 minute drop timer is too much compared to the base spawn timers and having to RUN the minute and change to the far side of the base to fix the genny before another one starts to go.
  7. Stormlight666

I killed these guys over 30 times and the other engie took out their beacons. Didn't stop them from dropping another and coming back again and again. So I guess you fought to non-pros. Because this is what happens when you have pros using the games weaknesses against you.
  8. D0n

That's a whole different story and that is where you start, exploits.
  9. Stormlight666

Yup, then I'd have gotten some help when the others saw the base conflict icon come up on the map. Not since there's anyway way I could have called for help in-game. I'd have loved to have been able to let people know i needed help stopping an amp station from being blown.
  10. Stormlight666

They'll just defend that "it's working as intended" and for me to be better at the game trying to defend a base with a bad spawn layout, generators that take too long to run to once you do spawn compared to drop pods that can land close to where you want to go. It was just a highly frustrating thing and basically burnt me out from ever wanting to protect a base again. And with me being a veteran engineer i'd hate to see how quickly new players get burnt out.
  11. Neovita

So you did earn around 7000 exp (28 certs) and still whining around? Dude, what the heck do you want in this game at all if not to earn some exp? Can you explain that please?
  12. Stormlight666

I'm sorry i'm not a cert ***** like most players. I play to actually try to help my empire, guess that comes from being a PS1 player where bases actually counted for something.
  13. Neovita

You just did hit the point! Its not PS1 ;-) There is no need to defend anything, because it is almost useless. To fight the enemys is the main directive in this game
  14. Stormlight666

True. There really isn't a point to playing PS2 at all. Makes me really want PS1 to go FTP now.
  15. Stormlight666

I didn't have time to do anything - that's the problem. One moment of hesitation and the SCU goes down - then game over. We went from no gennies down to the SCU being borderline a few times during the fight. That's how much of an advantage they got by dropping. It was all I could do pull ahead every now and again when I'd end up killing them in a 4:1 ratio.
  16. Dhart

It costs 10 certs to start improving an LA jetpack. I think I put 50-60 into it for kicks... With that I can get to a spawn point anywhere... top of tech plant... you name it. Your respawn is at most 15s... swap to LA and then go take out their beacon.

I did it twice today... Inside the shielded area... are terminals that can't be hacked. Take out their beacon... redeploy if you have too... swap to Infiltrator to hack it back or destroy the stuff and repair it.

Need to start thinking 'outside the box'...
  17. Dhart

If you are defending alone- then that should be a wake up call... let them have it. It is not anyone's individual responsibility to defend anything. It's a team game. If the team doesn't care... why should you? And why should the Devs make the team game tougher so you can play alone?
  18. Neovita

Sorry, i was holding myself back as long as possible, but you really need to learn the game know. To loose the SCU is not a game over at all. How about to deploy a sunderer and spawn there?

@Admins: Can we get this discussion about "how to play the game (for newbies)" in a thread like "Squad beacons need a nerf" get closed please?
  19. Talizzar

How long do they last? If you have one running can you deploy again and the old one disappears or is there a timer that says they last 10 mins or something?
  20. Stormlight666

Well congrats. You would have lost your base against the crew I was fighting. The other engie player was taking out the beacons when he could (they just dropped another one). I was to busy trying to keep the SCU from going down.