The Plan to Save Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AJay, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardock-Sama

Dunno how great this will work with only the three continents we have now. But in a year or so when there are 5+ more continents and this is implemented, PS2 will be a great game.
  2. Poopypants

unless this plan at some point includes moving the TR warpgate to the Crown it's bad
    • Up x 1
  3. WhatsThatNoize

God yes, please? Would be awesome if this was implemented.
  4. Hexcimer

I usually avoid the forums like the plague, but I'm glad I saw this one. (I'm away from my battlestation for xmas. :honeybadger: )

The only thing I would change is the bottlenecks at the warpgates. Instead, I would put a portal in each major facility that links to similar facilities on other maps. In order to open that portal, you have to control that base and the immediate surrounding facilities. That would give every map several points of potential entry.

I love the zerg, but I also love the need to deploy forces economically. Some people love the small scale battles, and I am in favor of giving it to them in spades. Mainly, these groups need infantry strongholds, with more buildings around spawn points to hamper tanks, and others with air cover, or underground.
  5. CobraBoss

I dont think ppl will endure the game as it is now for 11 more months lol its been 1 month or so and everyone is getting bored or irritated...

As much as i want the game to succeed , Population imbalance , the zerg capturing of vacant bases constantly going on silly defense rewards with the last move SoE pulled by enabling same server character creation in different factions that made it 3x worse , no game optimisations out yet , boring copy paste models sold at 7$ each , all the bases looking similar , tiny things like sold composite armor that covers up 5$ + decals that has not been fixed yet , with no goal or metagame whatsoever to keep it interesting , a ressource system that is totally unexistant that no one cares about , blatant TKing with 0 penalty ,undetailed patch notes with ninja changes not mentionned etc etc etc ...

So yea they need to haul **** and start working very hard after january's big plan announcements...

Lets hope they do...
  6. SkizzWS

but that would further the lack of any sort of content other than base-centric bulletspam to certfarm
  7. forkyar

8. humpmasterflex

at this point i am in favor in anything that will bring back the epic fight we had the first 2 weeks of release. The populations are down and the only fights we get are biolabs and techplants. :(
  9. Hexcimer

It would be too easy to camp the warpgates, and cut off everything behind them. There are a number of other oeconomic reasons for having multiple control points. Having a front is swell and all, but it has to be spread out.

Ideally, you should not be able to shut down a gate simply by camping the exit on your side, but must launch an invasion to destablize the other side. The opponent would be forced to defend/counterattack just to keep get his portal open.
    • Up x 1
  10. Le_Fou

Bump for this great idea!
  11. Dark_Horst

this is a fantastic idea and i fully support it. you see this, smed? this is what we, the players and your customers, want
  12. Proplayer

As long as cheaters see Planetside 2 as the ultimate playground in which to cheat in, Planetside 2 is going nowhere.
  13. Tobax

You do know that the pictures you posted of capturable and un-capturable warpgates linking to other conts is what they said 1-2 months ago that they already plan to do, right?
  14. humpmasterflex

link? proof?
  15. scoopedLOL

Please, something like this. The constant stalemate is old, I don't even feel like logging in anymore because this game has no real objective.
  16. }{ellKnight

I like this idea. Would create a different flow to battles and front lines.
  17. Tobax

Video interview with higby and no I don't remember which one as there are so many. If I recall right it was something they went over at end of beta to explain how things would progress.
  18. Galaxycommand

Someone Tweet this to the Devs
  19. gorviss

I read what OP wrote...I have no idea what the hell you're talking about man. What 5 year plan? Your post seemed more like an illegible rant to me than an intellectual argument.
  20. Keiichi25

I would like to point out something, as I am an old Planetside player. The old system made use of something like this. And what has turned out, when all the servers got condensed down, was fighting limited to one continent over time.

Please note, in a state of constant warfare, where there is no attrition, just people fighting in different fronts... In the end, you will have a constant stalemate. Also note, that should Planetside 2 continue on further... Additional continents would eventually be added over time as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.