Sick and tired of bugs and broken stuff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kershwyn, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Kershwyn

After playing for 1 hour this evening I'm wondering whether some of the stuff that happened is bugged, broken or just working in a very weird way.

1. Lasher shots damage people on the other side of a wall. And I'm not talking about the 2m high, 2cm thick look-for-a-way-around fence, I'm talking about a 1m thick building wall.
    2. As Infiltrator I fire my recon device thingy at a forward base at an amp station where I'm 99% sure someone is capping it. Nothing shows up, so I assume the attacker has already left again. I go in, look around and get shoot (didn't look too carefully it seems...). Is the recon device blocked by walls or something? Or does it just not work sometimes?
    3. I sneak past enemy lines and try to cap a base. But I can't convert the control point. I assume to cap a base it has to be in an adjacent territory? Cause I think the front line might have moved away while I was sneaking up on the base...

These are just "new" things I noticed, apart from the usual stuff...
    If anyone could tell me whether these things are bugs or working as intended I'd be grateful.
  2. Alkasirn

1. The person shooting you was lagging
    2. If I'm not mistaken, the recon only detects movement. If the guy was standing still the device won't detect him.
    3. You assumed correctly - but you can capture points in a territory with 0% influence assuming the battle already started earlier
  3. badname02

Point 2 proves what I already thought: that thing is basically so highly situational it's useless. Especially since it's mostly usefull in Close-Medium range and that's basically where you won't find Snipe-... errr Infiltrators.
  4. Kershwyn

great, thanks. So I'll just upgrade the scout radar on my flash... that does work on people who are standing still, right?
  5. Alkasirn

I have no idea :D The scout radar's description might tell you (if you put your mouse over the cert's title or the first tier on the cert bar (I forget which), a tooltip should appear which gives a description - the Infiltrator's recon's tooltip mentions it detects movement... or at least it did. I haven't checked this stuff lately as you can tell.)
  6. Kershwyn

The scout radar's description simply says something along the lines of "shows enemies within x metres on allies' minimaps". Haven't read the recon device's tooltip tbh