Hacking and You.. What You Need To Know!!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kon, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Sevre

+1

My only concern is the current ease of base capture in PS2. PS1 had bases much easier to defend and infils actually played a strong role in sabotage and infiltration. Now, PS2 bases are already so hard to defend that giving the infil so many better and unique abilities might throw off balance of base design.

Meh, I'd rather these things be implemented and see what happens from there. Are some teeth to the class.
    • Up x 1
  2. Vortok

Being forced to max a cert line to gain access to another (repeatedly) with current cert prices is just asking for trouble.

Don't have to get rid of the recon tool. Just swap it to a hacking tool with B/fire select just like an Engineer and his ammo box/turret. Having people say "It'd be good for Light Assault!" while also saying "It's so utterly useless, I wouldn't miss it" kinda gives mixed signals about your intentions. :p I'm sure there's a couple Infs out there that like having it. Hacking being linked to an actual tool and then having a little bit of range could be nice, especially if it could be used to neutralize enemy mines and C4. Could be a little tricky to hack at range since all classes still use the same method for generators/SCUs, but should be possible if the devs wanted to make it work.

Not a fan of the hacking shield gens idea. Bases are already so spread out that requiring different classes to get there in time to prevent an even longer downtime of the shields would just make offense even easier. It also doesn't really change how an Infiltrator interacts with a generator, just makes it more annoying for the defense to respond to his action because of his class. Instead of hacking an SCU you can just blow it up and deploy an AMS Sundy for practically the same effect with less annoyance on both sides.

Infiltrators do need a meaningful way to interact/deal with enemy vehicles. No denying that.

Terminals unhacking when they get blown up kinda trivializes them even more than every Tom, Joe, and Harry being able to swap to a 0 cert inf and unhacking it. Dealing with a bunch of hacked turrets at something like an Amp station would be even more tedious than it already is, though.
  3. Kon

well the maxing out a cert is gaining you access to a higher level of that "type" of hacking which is a once off purchase just think of it as an extra level but gives you more items to hack.

i got some ideas for bases too nothing major ( except for towers)
  4. Adeodatus

I like it.
  5. Kon

been playing alot of HA lately Inf just frustrates me
  6. Nyctalgia

I'm in for more depth for hacking, but remember it has to be kept as noob friendly as possible.
  7. Kon

noobs should just learn how to play, but what i listed isnt that different or hard to grasp as using a heal / engi gun so i dont see an issue
  8. RoaRawR

miss leading tittle

what you need to know?
    hack terminal-spawn AMS-deploy-> Proxy spawn *******!
  9. zomg

Although I think the ideas Kon presents might need some work to get in game nicely, I think the overall concept is good + with a bit of tweaking could be a nice addition :)
  10. TheDespot

one thing I would like to see, and would be pretty fun in my opinion, would be the ability to sabotage terminals.

like instead of just hacking terminals, you can cert to rig them to overload when they are used, destroying the terminal and killing the player that attempted to access it.

I don't think this would be too op as you can only do it once per terminal unless an enemy engineer is dumb enough to repair it before you have been found and dealt with.

but I would like to see some better roles than just sniper for the infiltrator, because at the moment they are not infiltrators, they are snipers.

maybe even at least the ability for shotguns with infiltrators for a more assassin ish feel.
  11. PurpsUK

Don't you dare get rid of my recon tool, I use it to decide which rooms I need to avoid when I'm sneaking around hacking. Would prefer 2 extra shots per rank at the higher end though.

I'd like to be able to hack shields and empty vehicles a la PS1 too though.
  12. NOX2097

You put a lot of effort into a thread that SOE will never ever grace with so much as an acknowledgement. Why do you bother? I've yet to see a suggestion thread with a dev response like "that sounds good, we will consider it" or "that wouldn't work because so on and so forth".
  13. Kon

Purps i would gladly not have the recon tool if it meant i could hack like PS1 , Jacking someones tank and then killing them with it was THE MOST fun i ever had.

and NOX i have no interest in whether soe acknowledges this post, just to know that my thoughts are out there and that alot of people dont think its a stupid idea is enough, and if a Dev has read it and thought to himself that's cool that would be a bonus, if i wanted to make sure devs read the thread i would get an army of 12yo twitter-fiends to spam their twitter accounts until they announced they had read it.

Plus im pretty sure that 80% of the dev team are working on making the game run faster and the other 20% working on stuff to put in. because performance of the game is whats holding it back atm that and server transfers and mergers.
  14. McFatal

+1.

The Infiltrator has no place in the game at all right now, I love this suggestion.
  15. OldMaster80

Maybe not everything is perfect in this concept, but it's still a great presentation of how hacking could / should be improved.

5 stars thread ;)
  16. Sparks

Ow can you see it? Higby announcing LA gets love and then they just decide give them the sensor dart and call it a day :p.

+1 to the OP, infil is boring atm.
  17. Kon

I can See, it would be epic
  18. Kon

19. SteelDusk

You have my support, Kon! :)
  20. ArielFox

Too right it's a good idea. Might need a little playing with but what's not to like?