Suicide as a means to prevent kills?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StormHawk, Dec 23, 2012.

1. CloverHead

If I'm low enough that I think a rocket will kill me, damn right will I crash. You bought your Rocketpods with SC, rather than Certs you earned, so it's not like you need any back, right?

A nosegun is much more effective at keeping people from suiciding anyways. Plus it's more fun.
  2. KoSGunny

I call BS. Every pilot that gets the chance suicides against my Hailstorm, no matter what my secondary is or if it's even used.

Pilots suicide so often it's ridiculous. Half of them do it when I've lost the advantage or the shot has become extremely hard for me to make.

Wanna know when I suicide? When multiple mossies are tailing me at the same time as one group and I'm on fire. If my minimap isn't lit up with red ESFs tailing me (at least 3) and I'm not on fire: I don't bail.

But there's no skill in having 3-10 guys swarm one guy all at once. So I deny those kills. Anything less and I never jump out: Even if it A2AM or rocket pods.

And I laugh that you think everyone who owns expensive weapons bought them with SC. I've spent $10 on this game, I have over 10k certs in just weapons..
  3. Yeo-Yin

i think that you should be able to eject but if you die on the ground you'll give the exp.
    The earn of exp should reflect what you did. I kill someone, directly or not, i deserve to get 100 exp. The fact that you suicide don't change the fact that i am the reason why you are dead. During war, if i can damage enough an aircraft but the owner press "autodestruction", i think that i'll still have the reward for what i did. No matter if i kill you directly or not, i am the one who is responsible of that.
    And remember that you are not playing AGAINST other player. You are playing with them. Your avatar (your char) is fighting against others avatars.
    If you use some leak in the game to fight against other player, you are not better than someone who use an aimbot or a drophack. It's just cheat, period.
    • Up x 3
  4. Grahf Azura

IMO, you shouldn't get the kill if someone suicides, but you should get the assist. Isn't this how it works already though?
  5. ROMNEYTRON

A lot of times the opportunity for the kill is there. The pilot tailing just isn't skilled enough to finish.
  6. Aerius

Nope. As much as I dislike AA MAX users, it takes skill to down a jet with the bursters from a distance. Some scrub hovering at 700+ alt and using lockon weapons from a mile away because they can't aim their nosegun is cheap.

Oops, read that as AA MAX. Same thing, guns require aim, derp2air does not.
  7. Nofreenames

people bailing/suiciding is why I got A2A missles on a mozzie, I lock once shoot, 90% of time he crashes or decons so I can move on to next im not lookin for kills, im only gettin airborne to clear skies a bit, so go ahead! kill yourself it helps me get done with flying sooner, and back to runnin support on ground
    • Up x 1
  8. GamerOS

Except people that you engage with nose guns, AA, 20mm machine guns etc also bail out just to deny the kill.

Air is just a spitefull cowardly bunch that likes farming certs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Grotpar

Denying kills is toxic behavior.

This isn't ******* dota, denying kills accomplishes absolutely nothing.
    It's basically just griefing.

I sincerely hope that people who commonly deny experience will get banned, and the mechanics are changed to prevent this toxic behavior from occurring.
    • Up x 2
  10. Jestunhi

All these people saying "I'm leet, enemy is bad, so I suicide to deny kill" just show how bad they are themselves, constantly having to kill themselves to deny "bads" the kill.
    • Up x 1
  11. Wibin

That is correct. if they suicide, you get points.

If they deconstruct, you just suck and cannot kill them fast enough.
  12. Kujo

This is a funny thread. I too have deconstructed my aircrafts and vehicles some times to deny the enemy satisfaction of the kill, but honestly, it's really petty, lol. When all is said and done, we're the ones who lost in a perfectly legit way that the devs intended and we're the ones who have to spend more resources to pull another and possibly a timer, while the guy who we "gave the finger" to happily carries on fighting without pause. Deconstructing and suicide is just our own sad little way of trying to save face, lol.

Sometimes you just have to be honest with yourself and laugh at your own pettiness and ways of thinking that you use to make yourself feel better about getting owned.
    • Up x 2
  13. Infinity24k

Im sorrry but with this post you have clearly shown that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
    To stick to your example with AA MAX: It is simple click and hold mousebutton. You can´t move while shooting and don´t have to. You dont have to obey the environment. Its just point and click. So this is a really bad example for skill requirement. The only thing you have to do is leading the target... wow impressive.

Hovering at 700+ alt and using lock on: It doesnt work dude. You cannot hover and lock on from any distance. In fact you can easier shoot an enemy aircraft with your primary from double to tripple the distance of the lock on range. Simply wrong statement.
    The only thing that could have locked you over such a distance is a soldier but you would have seen what killed you if you hadn´t crashed yourself I guess :rolleyes:
  14. Lucerin_SolTech

Sony uses SC for PlanetSide 2. I received nearly 8500 SC for free for being a gold member on EverQuest. I find the excuses of bailing and or deconstructing amusing as if it is some kind of moral crusade. When I use A2A missiles, sometimes I'm able to finish off a pilot, others not. It's situational. I bought them using the means available from the game. It allowed me to save certs to max out things which cannot be purchased using those easily available funds.

Are you morally superior or are you just finding a way to blame your loss on an unfair advantage; an advantage afforded to anyone? Don't worry, for every kill I don't get my double experience boost from Station Cash makes up for it when I do close the deal.

Continue fighting your crusade and blaming your inability to win on silly game mechanics afforded to all players. The amount of purest/elitist attitudes here surprise me in a free to play game model.
    • Up x 1
  15. japro

A significant amount of those "suicides" are also unintentional I think. At least that happens to me a lot if I have A2As on my tail. For one, i'll pull "stunts" close to terrains/bridges etc. trying to shake the missile which obviously increases my chance to crash into something. Also when my ESF goes into the red the sudden loss of power while already flying rather risky makes crashing often inevitable.
  16. Senias

I dislike all the denied kills... but its always a pleasure watching a burning fighter crushing into a cliff knowing of his pathetic intentions. I like to imagine they shed tears in their temporary last moment.

Maybe they should add a knife suicide and a self destruction in tanks. Is that what you sissys would like?
    • Up x 2
  17. Hammercannon

Anyone who uses A2A (im not talking about G2A) missiles deserves to have their kill denied. kill me with your main gun/rocket pods you get your kill and my props. Use A2A missiles I'm bailing out and deconstructing, and typing /suicide as fast as i can. A2A is ez mode for bad pilots and needs some tweaking, make it similar to a TOW rocket but easyer, make it so that you have a shotgun sized reticle(after lockon) and you have to keep that over the target or it just flys straight.
    • Up x 1
  18. DukeFlash

I don't fly but I feel for you. I think changes to the game regarding bailing/suicide need to be implemented.
    If a vehicle is critical (and you did the damage to make it so) its death should be awarded to you.
    Perhaps even locking the ability to bail out until he's landed (or healed) so you get the player kill too.
  19. Pesukarhukebab

I will allways crash if you heatseeker scrub turdmunchers come after me, those a2a missiles are the ultimate cheese. learn to shoot with your rotary or w/e.
  20. Point

When I'm on fire I try to land and get out. Usually it ends up with me dead, but sometimes I land and take potshots at the pilot that downed me.