Tank mines questions

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Xocolatl, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Xocolatl

1. Can you resupply without dying? (I believe it costs Infantry points to resupply?)
    2. How many can you have out at once?
    3. How much damage does it do? Will one kill a tank, or do you need multiple of them?
    4. Do they persist after you die?
    5. Do they explode on contact with friendly armors?
    6. Does the splash damage hurt friendlies?

Thank you :D
  2. KM131

1. Yepp, just use an infantry terminal or an AMS.
    2. the maximum is five, but this needs a lot of certs.
    3. at a tank without mine guard one mine inflicts about 60% damage. for the most vehicles you need two, except for the flash.
    4. yes, but they will disappear if you change the map of log off.
    5. no
    6. yes
  3. TheScapegoat

Also AT mines can be tripped by any explosion friendly or other, shot at friendly or other, and boosted by C4 (very good for traps)
  4. InducedApathy

AT mines if vehicles are close enough can net you multiple kills as well. You'd be surprised.
  5. Timujingeo

One thing to bear in mind with mines is that they 'can' one shot a tank if you hit the rear as opposed to the front; seen it a few times where I've seen tanks reverse over my mine and instantly blown up.
  6. Kvakva

Five? with ammo / utility belt?
  7. Timujingeo

You need to have certed deep into AT mines, then you can drop five, though you can only carry two AP mines as well.
  8. KM131

yes, with the belt.
    fully certed at mines give you three and two additional mines come with the belt certs.
  9. Udnknome

well... 3 AP mines if you fully cert the belt. 5 AT mines, and 4 C4.

I can't for the life of me figure out a need for all that C4 with AT mines though.
  10. TheScapegoat

Take 1 bio lab spawn room, plant C4 at both terminals with an AT mine at the base of the terminal.

Wait for cap flip, be on the stairs.

3-2-1

profit.
  11. Takoita

Surprisingly when I tried boosting my AP mine explosion with an AT mine, the AT one didn't detonate even though there was a kill. Maybe because I used a claymore with its directional blast?