The Crown

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shedeh, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Tasogie

haha yer you did get me, some nice shots too. I saw you getting knife kills, an I got weapon locked trying to kill you. With me if you see me, its usually a good idea not to try an sneak up on me, cos I "ALWAYS" mine the area around me, an I leave them when I move. :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Tasogie

You were probably looking at the TR, cos most of us on NC were coming from Xroads, or down the hill.
  3. MarksmanKNG

I'll keep that in mind. :p
  4. Mat250507

Remove different landscapes from the game, it's too difficult to go up hills and down canyons, lets just make every map perfectly flat, I shouldn't have to use my brain to take over certain bases.... That's too damn difficult! What do you think this game is??? chess?
  5. siddar

The Crown is the best thing in this game.

The Crown is not hard to take it simply requires a of knowledge, skill, and teamwork to do so.

The Crown is actually much larger then just The Crown the inter-connectedness of areas around Crown to the Crown is a large reason why the battles in the area are so massive. Most of the time when you move from one base to the next the terrain between seems mostly pointless. On the Crown the terrain between other bases and Crown is of huge importance.

I would estimate there are around forty are so separate terrain segments between bases that all reward player knowledge of that terrain with a advantage if they know how to best attack are defend that small area. Crown is also the best area in game for base to base combat.

Finally it is also the best infantry learning area in the game. In most other areas one side are the other will simply overwhelm the other. On the Crown infantry fronts form and the result is people are allowed to learn basic infantry skills because of the tendency of the combat to stalemate.

The only thing I would change about the crown is that i would make the reward for holding onto it greater and the reward for capturing it much higher as well say 15 certs and 3000 exp for capturing it and a server wide 10% exp bonus to the faction that controls it.
  6. Juunro

Taking the crown is pretty easy if you do it right; the problem is that it takes organization to do it right. I mean, seriously, every time I've seen it taken it was done in 5 minutes or less; you don't bombard it, you don't walk up the hill in ones and twos, you don't air dual over it. What you damn well do is get armor; alot of armor, and you full speed run straight into it; sunderers first as they take the most damage generally to kill. Yes, you will lose vehicles; probably a half a dozen of them at least to defenses and mines. But while whomever is holding it is reloading, you suddenly have a spawn point Sunderer with anti-personelle weapons inside the base; you have lightnings with Python HE cannons; you have MBT's sitting there; while the enemy is trying to deal with that, your infantry support now has a free run up the damn hill.

I would be terribly amused if when they brought out a patch that added another continent they modified the crown so it was just a smouldering crater or something though.

Also: Whining about tech labs being indefensible is stupid. They are still very defensible; they just aren't cert farming grind fests anymore. Which is a good thing.
  7. Poopypants

I've said it multiple time already but I will say it again... move the TR warpgate to the Crown!
  8. SirBurning

You fail to realise why the Crown offers action. Because it's so hard to take. Make it easier and it will be the same as other bases.
  9. Mietz

The Crown = de_dust/2, Karkand, q3dm6, Nuketown, dmdeck16
  10. Zarth

Only people who like the crown are the TR because VS can go directly north of their Warpgate and get huge amounts of land. But when it comes to the crown. The TR will literally stay there for more than 1 hour even though their resource gain from the crown get cut off wit NC AND VS sides.
  11. Xandax

Nonsense.
  12. DrakeDude

I love keeping our continent bonus on Indar after we lose everything because we will never lose the crown
    Wut is a king without his crown?
  13. CloverHead

Whoever made The Crown needs to go and redesign more bases, he/she/it did a REALLY good job on it. It's genuinely fun to attack or defend. I love sitting on a ridge, cackling like a hyena as I rain MAX death. I love feeling like a grunt on Omaha as I charge up and see everyone around me get turned to paste. I love flying around it. I love ramming tanks into the enemy line on the bridges, and getting crushed by a magrider that managed to ninja its way into the area.

People like The Crown because it's FUN. Resources? Who cares! Certs, kills, fun!

There's a time and a place for wide open spaces, I could not agree more. But there needs to be more areas like The Crown. Not too small, not too large, with natural terrain to help. The Stronghold could be like this. I dunno if VS has an area similar (dat fog and trees. 2sooky4me), but they should.
    • Up x 1
  14. Shedeh

I didn't started this Thread to flame about how hard it is to take the Crown , i'm just pissed/mad/whine about the fact u just get farmed if you try to.
    For sure there exists a perfect Strategy to take the Crown in Seconds withouuuuuut problems :)Wink:)
    I was part of some nice organized Attacks against the Crown, the biggest Scale was 7 diffrent Squads teamed up on /RE and launched a big Assault against the Crown and it was fun..... until we have reached the Target.

Zerging ... everyone which complain about this, is just the biggest Zerg himself and just a excuse. (You are what you hate )
    I'm not sure but i heard there is a EXP Bonus for the Faction with fewer Players and anyway that is no reason to mess up the Centre of the Map wich should be a Important and Big Place and not such a messed up little Farm Station.
    It could be the largest and most unique/eic place for battles , but no let's just squeeze all the Players on such a tiny stupid Spot.

back to this without irony
    Ya there are tactics that lead to the Victory , but it's connectet with a lot of Spamming Units in the right Order at the right Time and that still sucks.

Srsly there should be the biggest Station in the Centre of the Map with a lot of Action and Fun and toons of possibilities and unique tactics but hey the ******* spamm and farming on the Crown is funny too....