This is stupid

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Void2258, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Void2258

This is stupid. I can't tell who is who, what my guns do, I don't know what half the icons on my screen even mean. Call me when the game actually makes some effort to tell new players WTF is going on,
  2. Xandax

Or you could ... you know .... ask in the forum?
  3. Skurcey

quiting...because you need to learn things? sound about right
  4. 13lackCats

Wow. I learned to play, and never stop learning.

So much more interesting than having something handed to me.
  5. badname02

You also quit Team Fortress 2 because they didn't teach you how to place dispensers in there?
    Or Battlefield 3 because you didn't know how to capture points?

I mean I agree the game could do with some more tutorial, but if you can't tell who is who you're probably color blind or don't understand that all your friends have a blue arrow above their heads in this game.

PS: Your guns kill things... usually.
  6. Uben Qui

When you first boot up the game, go into the new player button on the screen flashing those pictures by you and telling of the sales. Should be the lower right hand corner of it. It will lead you to videos and information that explains what all the controls do and the gist of the game.
  7. Wibin

He is right, the game is incredibly confusing to new players who've never played before.

It just throws you in and lets you die then you have no idea what to do till you jump on youtube and see what to do.

Even then, veteran players still get confused.

I have about 300-400 points worth of stuff I've purchased that I cannot use because it doesn't work like I thought it did.
  8. Ghoest

Try being colorblind in this game when the dev keep promising a colorblind mode - and than laugh at you for being a sucker when you believed them.
  9. FatherJack

Geez, I can understand some complaints about the new players experience but PS2 is hardly rocket science. Play for an hour and you will figure out 95% of the game by yourself.
  10. badname02

I agree in games like these it is important to implement something like this. It wouldn't exactly be hard either would it?
  11. Ghoest

No it would be exceedingly easy to make a color blind mode(which respect to game developing in general.)

You only need to changes a few things for the mode.
  12. Talizzar

We can't tell what you play, we don't know what guns you have so we can tell you what they do. Which icons? If you ask detailed questions or search the forums you will find nearly all your answers.
  13. Captain Sandwich

Do you need a label on everything? You could put a label saying "gun (pull the trigger)" on your gun, and "liberator (this flies)" on a liberator, your team mates might even let you stick labels saying" ally (don't shoot these)" on their faces so you know who to fight with. It might be a bit more problematic to get your enemies to let you put labels on them saying "Enemy (shoot here)".
  14. Mathematics

There are tutorial videos available from the main page. They aren't really that conspicuous either, so I'm not sure how you missed them.
  15. SenEvason

I remember in beta when we didn't even have a lot of videos that explained everything to us, and didn't even have tooltips for the menu. How did I ever survive?
  16. Malkurn

It's a first person shooter, what the hell is there to be confused about.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.