The flops of Defense and base design so far, with solutions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Dec 19, 2012.

1. xen3000

More accurate would be to say that true defense happens before the enemy reaches the spawn room. Spawn rooms are all exposed to vehicle camps. Failed design.
  2. Bloodlet

I agree with this post. Though the only thing I could change is I would make jump pads work only for defenders instead of everyone.
  3. Teod

We wouldn't need to restrict jump pads if we get rid of open enterances in every tower.

OP is grate. I may not agree with absolutely everything, but overall it's still great.
  4. Tuco

For the 3rd time the CR XP mechanics are completely different in this game, here there's no reason to let the enemy keep spawning for more CR XP. If PS1 had the same XP mechanics, and no CE, we'd be doing the same thing in PS1: zerg rolls in and camps spawn tubes within 1 minute.
  5. Tuco

Which is the time it takes for someone to walk or drive to an enemy base, without CE.
  6. Bloodlet

Light assaults would still be able to get there easily so it wouldn't change much imo which is why I say restrict them to defenders.
  7. Rob2Kx

8. 13lackCats

Yes, true.

Not a failed design though. If they get to the spawn, you lost.
  9. xen3000

Agreed. Further reason why spawn rooms should not be campable by any vehicles, save the Flash. The issue devs are running into is that they think they can balance a vehicle camp with infantry shooting rockets out of the spawn room. This is stupid and needs to be changed. Infantry should be what secures both the cap and spawn room.
  10. Elbryan

SOE is catering to zerg 'tactics' because zerg has the most players, thus most whiners. Zerg whiners = "community feedback"

Even the last bastion, tech plant, able to counter brainless zerg 'tactics' was ruined.

Tech plant only needed a minor change. The roof entrance led to the same choke point as the open back doors, which made pretty useless. Moving the roof entrance to the middle of the base or something minor like that would have fixed the problem.

Now it's yet another stomping ground for the zerg.
  11. 13lackCats

If they get to the spawn room, you lost the battle.
  12. xen3000

Not sure why you are repeating yourself, especially when I agreed that what you say is true now, and should be true in an altered base design. The difference is that I do not think vehicles should be able to get to the spawn room. Vehicle spawn camping is BS and should be made very difficult if not impossible.
  13. 13lackCats

Well, I think that if the bad guy gets to a point where he can camp my spawn, then my team failed, not the game.

Perhaps player focus would be better spent in figuring out how to keep the bad guy from getting close to the spawn, instead of figuring out how to make the game easier?
  14. xen3000

Making the spawn locations uncampable by vehicles would not make it too easy, it would make it more balanced. It only makes sense to have the spawn rooms only campable by infantry, which would still result in the attackers winning anyways. The only impact this would have is force the vehicle spammers to either have boots on the ground or get out of their vehicle. Seems reasonable to me.
  15. 13lackCats

I really don't understand why you chose to fight from the spawn.

Isn't that the worst possible place to try to fight from?
  16. xen3000

I don't fight from spawn, unless there are no vehicles camping it and there are not too many infantry. A push can be made out of spawn against infantry. Otherwise it is the worse place to fight from. Hence the suggested change. Otherwise it is better to just stop defending and do a counter attack. I'd rather not have the spawn locations reward mindless zergs.
  17. bPostal

What we got here is some good ****
  18. Zinn

The tiny fault in your logic is that the map doesn't tell you how many enemies there are in a given location, so it's impossible for the rest of your team to actually see that there's a fight going on until it's way too late. No one is going to gamble landing on a nearly empty base when the game allows you to solo cap it, assuming you have the patience.
  19. BobTheSlug

I fully support this post.
  20. 13lackCats

I think you can tell where the enemy might go by where they are, yes?