So after 9 days of 2xp and 3x SC sale...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jourmand1r, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Madmojo

In PS1 we hit BR 20 in a month and then we played it for years on the same character. So we played for fun and kills even though we had peaked skill wise. If we got bored we recerted, but usually just small things to mix the gameplay up a little bit.
  2. Otleaz

What is even more sad are the people who are saying that they play the game for fun, because that means they have never gotten a chance to enjoy a game that is actually fun.

Also, I assure you that the population would be almost non-existent without the people you are suggesting move to another game. If you are going to settle for a piece of ****, you might as well make the best of it. If I didn't already think you were misguided, I would suggest masochism.
  3. Jourmand1r

PS1 peak subscribers 75k.

This game does not need to model itself on its predecessor. This game is nothing like Planetside 1 and that is why it is successful.
  4. NOX2097

MMOs start at the level cap, genius. What am I gonna do when I have everything unlocked? Why, I'm gonna have a class set up for every situation and always pick the one needed for the objective at the time, which is a polar opposite from the way I grind for certs now. My hope is that there will be a way to win by then because as it is now no rational person cares about territory at all.
  5. Jourmand1r

Quick question.

When you reach end game, where are you going to raid first?

For the 3rd time now, I could care less if I max my toon. I spent 100 dollars so far (not 100 station cash, 60 before friday, and 40 today.) I paid to win.

But the MAJORITY will leave when theres no meta game and no character progression.

Planetside 2 does a lot of things right. Planetside 2 does running around in circles with no real objectives really poorly.
  6. Madmojo

You missed the deeper meaning of the post and started talking about something unrelated.

Point was: you can have everything unlocked and play for fun, not progression.
  7. ozziewolf

I play shooters to shoot people. The act of getting equipment/gear is just an annoyance I deal with on my road to shooting people.
    • Up x 1
  8. NOX2097

I'm gonna raid the crown first, of course. Seriously tho, when I unlock everything for all 3 factions I will play the objective if they come up with one by then. If not there are many other games. I also hear great things about this thing called sex, I might try some of that and let the rest of you know if it's worth going out of the house for.
  9. Jourmand1r

There are other shooters that are significantly better for "shooting people" than planetside.

SIGNIFICANTLY.

I play this game because it is a hybrid RPG with the community aspect that comes with it.

If people start getting bored, we all suffer.

Hence why I'd rather the game annoy me a little than tell people "then just leave".
  10. Jourmand1r

So now I'm incapable of having sex? Well, Ad Hominem appears to have taken over.
  11. Beltway

I may have all the weapons I want currently, but let me be the first to say I HARDLY have the cert points to spec into them accordingly. I think what people are failing to realize is that this is NOT a finished productt. There is going to be windfalls of content coming up and I have a feeling it will be more than just new continents to take over.
  12. ozziewolf

Show me a better shooter with a similar scale.

I play it as a hybrid MMO - FPS
  13. NOX2097

Just trying to take the discussion in a more positive and constructive direction than "Omg what am I gonna do with my life once I can't grind for certs in planetside 2 anymore"

And I'm not saying you're incapable of having sex. I'm saying the neckbeard isn't helping your chances.
  14. Jourmand1r

Show me a battle in planetside bigger than 20v20 that isnt 200v20
    • Up x 1
  15. ozziewolf

I don't need to show them to you. I participate in them all the time and that's good enough for me.

There is also more to scale than just large battles. Like not loading a new map after each battle.
  16. Otleaz

The planetside 2 "scale" is the biggest joke of the year, a complete gimmick. Who gives a **** if there are 1950 people that you can't see fighting over territory that is completely inconsequential to you?
  17. ShriekXL

My 2 cents: If farming certs is your reason to keep playing, you're doing it wrong.
  18. ShriekXL

He asked for a similar shooter example. You failed to provide one.
  19. ozziewolf

One could say the same for any MMO. There is more to the MMO aspect than fighting with all people at once. The actions and territory flipping of others isn't inconsequential. There is the threat of having your objective cut off. Running out of resources due to a lack of territory, etc... I could name more examples but I don't believe I should have to spell it out for you. By saying 1950 you're also suggesting the biggest fight you've been in is a 50 person battle.
    Excluding every one fighting that doesn't directly impact the current battle I'm in. The scale is more than just the "1950" other players fighting some where on the continent.
  20. Otleaz

I'm not playing matchmaker for someone so confused they think the scale of this game means anything. I would have better luck convincing my toaster to get a part-time job.