"Buffing Maxes"...really?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrv, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Jrv

Anyone who honestly believes the MAX needs a buff has not seen a BR30 or above Max with heavy certifications. I was capping an empty outpost with two other heavies. Said Max proceeds to "anally devastate" the crap out of all of us, despite avid teamwork; he tanks 4 heavy rockets before needing to heal, which he does effortlessly by sprinting at 50mph back to his spawn. He repeated this pattern until we eventually came back with tanks and aircraft, at which point the max simply left.

I'm not a MAX player myself, but if you do it right, it's obviously very effective.
  2. gunshooter

2 heavy rockets kill a max
    • Up x 1
  3. Jrv

Not when its got fully certed flak armor. It can easily take twice as much.
  4. JimRussle

Max flak only goes up to 25%
  5. MintiFresh

"heavily certed" go try using a default max, then buy a second arm. Watch the difference. The effectiveness of a max is incredibly exponential when you put certs into one, and I do agree that the default max needs a buff, as new players are pretty much a free kill in one.
  6. Jrv

It goes up to 50%.
  7. Maxi'sProteinPowder

MAX definitely needs a Buff! he is always the first one to get gunned down
  8. iKickz

Odd, I was using max two days ago, and a rocket from TR 1 hit me with 95% health still.
  9. Foefaller

Dude, the AI weapons for the Vanu MAX are so bad, it's the one thing we can complain about without the NC and TR looking at us like we're spoiled brats complaining about how we didn't get a real pony for Christmas...

...okay, they still do that most of the time when it comes up, but trust me, those weapons are pretty terrible. The MAXes need a looking at
  10. Jrv

See: "Flak Armor"
  11. JimRussle

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  12. gunshooter

Flak armor does not reduce direct hit damage.
  13. TheBloodEagle

MAXs are suppose to be effective. Nerf them and then what's the point? They're aren't just for looks you know.
    • Up x 2
  14. Luft

All I want is for small arms fire to damage them less.
    • Up x 2
  15. MortarionX

As a semi dedicated MAX operator, I can safely say that the MAX is mostly balanced except for one area. MAXs need to have significantly more resistance to small arms fire. Right now regular guns are simply too effective against a MAX. Weapons and such could use a lot more variety and tweaks, but mostly the problem is their weakness to regular arms.
  16. Nephera

I'm laughing pretty hard
  17. Talizzar

I call BS! Flank him and shoot him in the back. Dead max. Drop C4 at his feet, dead max.

Infantry should get owned by a MAX that is what they are built for. Charging in to them is a bad idea. They are worthless beyond medium range.
  18. ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR

This. Direct hits from an HA rocket are NOT considered explosive damage and will completely ignore any flak certs. It only helps against the splash.
  19. Esxraptor

I feel your pain... but he still won't believe you

:)

I stopped reading at BR30

I know it will single me out but at a few ranks below my MAX is still a virgin :)
  20. Necron

What an awesome idea, buff the MAX... So then no one in the game will play anything but vehicles and MAX. Sometimes stupid is just stupid... the MAX owns enough already. As "regular" infantry if I get the jump on someone and shoot them in the back they usually die. With the MAX they often turn around and kill you anyway. That sounds pretty powerful to me.