[Suggestion] Make a new continent (or subarea) with no air allowed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megrim, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Sorry but am i reading this wrong! That is contradicting
  2. PRAFTD

It isn't about aim. Most pilots don't flight toward, or even perpendicular to AA towers, they flight above. They do a quick flyby, repair, and come back in the opposite direction you are facing. Even when you turn to fire, you only get enough shots in to do around half damage. Then they just fly over the backside of the building where you can't see them.

Also, I never said that a full clip of pods destroys an AA tower, nor does it matter. All it takes is a full pod, retreat/refill, and repeat. They can destroy your AA before (and if) you can repair it.
  3. Goden

Oh god my sides!
  4. Mathematics

I mentioned the clip comparison to illuminate the DPS advantage an AA turret has. Repair your turret while the pilot is away repairing his 'craft.
  5. Mathematics

Yep, I think you're reading it wrongly.
  6. PRAFTD

Not enough time, a good pilot will just reload and do another hit before you even finish, and it isn't even just about DPS. Of course, AA guns have better DPS. However, AA gun flak range is horrendous, accuracy is terrible, and bullet speed is slow as a snail.

Again, in a 1 on 1 fight. AA should have NO problem killing a ESF. None. It shouldn't even be a challenge.

Liberators are a different story.
  7. Mathematics

Don't know why you're laughing. You look silly.
  8. smokemaker

good , we will make a pilot out of you yet... just stay in line.... low life ground pounder... I mean yuck all that dirt down there... How can you stand it.
  9. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Hmm fair enough................Good luck with podding empty bases in a months time, then you'll be crying why there is no population in this game and asking for a refund for all the cash you spent in making your OP AI,AA, AT Aircraft killing machine!
  10. smokemaker

Did you not know there where aircraft in PS2?
    LOL go play another game.
  11. PRAFTD

Obviously he was referring to the fact that there is an imbalance between air and ground, and the fact that most players with the top scores simply farm using lib's ESF.

Air is easy.
    AA is hard.
  12. Edmon

• Up x 1
  13. smokemaker

Thats why you dont see real aircraft in combat anymore that damn proximity fuse.... Its all ground now sense that was invented...

lol

Air is the dominate power today like it was yesterday and like it will be tommorrow. Adapt or move on.
  14. smokemaker

lol
    I guess.... the infantry sucked all the air out with their whining, thus causing a huge loss in air pressure grounding all planes...
    They want PS2 without planes... I say go play a different game then. PS2 was made with aircraft.
  15. PRAFTD

What are you talking about? Of course people don't use proximity fuses, that was for flak back in WW2. Now they use SAMS missiles, which are far more effective.

Also, the only reason air is 'dominate' today, is because there isn't a full-scale war going on. Everything is hit and run, and the only enemies that have been fought are those without advanced defense grids and the monetary supply available to fund such technology.

Try an air invasion on a US base and see how long it lasts with today's mobile SAM's.
    • Up x 1
  16. Goden

Corrected.
  17. smokemaker

No he wasn't. He want to play on a map in PS2 without aircraft. Removing one side of an equation is not balance. Nor is it the process of balancing.
  18. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Maybe he was talking about an underground battle?? i'd like to see you fly a plane through there Maverick!
  19. smokemaker

The first thing you would do is send in drones ( air) to jam and destroy the radar sights... If the side wishing to attack this base didnt have these, you would not want to attack it. But thats a long ways from PS2.
  20. smokemaker

what you want is not what you are going to get. SOE made their stance clear. AA is to be a deterrent, not a hard counter. From the game makers mouths. Bang your head against that.