[Suggestion] Make a new continent (or subarea) with no air allowed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megrim, Dec 20, 2012.

1. PRAFTD

1.)This is a game, not real life.
    2.)In real life the flak from a single AA gun can easily decimate multiple aircraft. Once the proximity fuse was invented, aircraft had no chance.
    • Up x 1
  2. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Its called G1MPED!
  3. Mathematics

#1 implies you want to forego realism. #2 implies you want it. Which is it?
    • Up x 1
  4. lsp1

With no air allowed? What, does this new continent not have a sky?
  5. PRAFTD

Your argument is based on realism, mine is not. I could care less about realism. I just want a balanced game where a AA gun can be a hard-counter to ESF's, which it is supposed to be.

1 on 1, an AA should almost always beat an ESF.

I was simply stating you were wrong. In real life, aircraft stand zero chance against AA.
    • Up x 1
  6. Goden

Realism?

Real AA tears aircraft into shreds or blows it clean out of the sky in seconds. Historical AA could take out aircraft with a single round.

You think a lightly armored aircraft surviving 50+ flak rounds is realistic? Oh dear....
  7. Vendettta

Yeah because a couple of AA turrets will totally own 15 f-cking Libs and rocket-podding ESF's... rofl
    • Up x 2
  8. Mansen

Dear god no...

Ground Trooper guns != AA. Please try to read before opening your mouth... Oh dear.
  9. Maxi'sProteinPowder

he's trying to tell you that the game is not balanced for ground to air assault and that AIR is OP in every way! This is for your post about a single AA turret not being able to solo an air vehicle is called REALISM? not imbalance!

Mathematics you keep contradicting yourself, so you better stop protecting your OP Air assault! if its just a game then fix it they way it should be and let AA be more useful then just scaring away planes!
  10. Mathematics

I have no idea why the rest of your faction is letting ESFs simply hover above bases nuking turrets. This is a game that is balanced around teamwork. If you want to solo things, you should probably find another game.
  11. Mathematics

The onus is on you, buddy. Perhaps you've never been told, but the burden of proof is on the person making the claim. You claim that pilots can solo everything. It should then be no problem for you to spend 20 minutes recording yourself owning Gals, AA MAX units, other ESFs, etc.

I'll await your "proof". :)
  12. PRAFTD

So why are ESF'S able to solo AA towers, while AA towers aren't able to solo ESF's?

Besides, you are dodging my point. ONE ON ONE, AA SHOULD ALMOST ALWAYS BEAT ESF's. Not rocket science.

It doesn't stop there. Lib's are able to attack AA guns outside of the AA gun's range. AA guns turning slower that ESF's move. AA guns over-heating JUST before the ESF is about to die.
    • Up x 1
  13. Goden

Oh you know, totally ignoring ESF's which can effectively solo AA, AT, and AI better than any other unit in the game.

Can you please stop talking out of your backside
  14. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Its Flyboys like Mathematics ans Smokescreen who will never understand balance! And when this game dies and there is no one on the ground to shoot they will move on to a new game, wrecking this game for everyone else.....
    • Up x 2
  15. Mathematics

I did not say a single AA turret. Don't put words in my mouth. The original post he quoted of mine was a discussion between me and someone else specifically regarding infantry ground units. You should read back a bit. AA turrets can down an ESF in a "single reload" with proper aim. (read: before overheating)

Contradicting myself? Where?
  16. Ronin Oni

A really good pilot can do a TON of damage... yes.

But even a really good pilot doesn't mess with AA.... not like we used to.

A pilot with A2A (easy mode dogfighting) can't even touch the ground... or not very effectively.

A pilot with RP's is chow time to any ESF geared for dogfighting (with or without A2A missiles... my new dogfighter uses AB pods and specializes around speed, radar, and stealth)

My point is that "solo air" is really just as vulnerable to getting ganked as any person trying to lonewolf on the ground.

Finally... most pilots are garbage. I mean it. Really GARBAGE pilots. TONS of them. 80-90% easy. They really aren't that hard to swat if you know how... and part of that is biding your time letting them get closer so they don't just turn away at the edge of your range and immediately leave your kill zone....

It's really fun shoving a rocket to their face when they slow down to hover spam (which IMO is about the dumbest thing you can do really unless you know there is nothing down there to threaten you)
  17. Mathematics

Careful, it's starting to look like you care.
  18. PRAFTD

Only if the gunner somehow manages to land the VAST majority of shots or the ESF is already partially damaged. In most cases, pilots simply glide by to scout AA positions, fly away to repair, and do quick pod runs to wipe the AA clean.

The speed and dps projected at AA it too much in most cases. Combine that with the slow turing speed and AA guns and their low health, makes them easy targets.
  19. Mathematics

AA turrets do enough damage to an ESF to kill it before overheating (single clip). A full clip of pods is not enough to blow up a turret. If you're giving the pilot a second chance, aim better.
  20. PRAFTD

I never really contested that aircraft aren't squishy when ganked. In fact, a group of AA MAX's can completely wipe the skies clean. My point is that one on one, AA are at the disadvantage. Which means, if you have large numbers of aircraft, AA become overwhelmed quickly, regardless of numbers.