[Suggestion] Make a new continent (or subarea) with no air allowed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megrim, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Jestunhi

Using logic against a pilot?

DOES NOT COMPUTE!
  2. smokemaker

Indeed. I have the gun as primary (ok for killing infantry, but requires good aim) And the A2A missiles as secondary (good for killing other air).
    But if I wanted to really rip up the infantry I would have to lose my A2A missiles and put in rocket pods for that oh so special infantry slaughter.But leaving me completely helpless to air attack.

so in reality, I must specialize aswell.

The ideal would be to have A2A as primary and G2A as secondary. This is what I think you where thinking, we cant unfortunately.
  3. Yeo-Yin

a2g rockets can destroy libs pretty easily. Your argument is invalid.
  4. Jestunhi

Leaving you slightly weaker against ESFs.

Unless you are going to try claiming that a salvo of roflpods can't be aimed at or doesn't do damage to lumbering libs & gals, it does not leave you defenseless against air.

And how does not having a lockon A2A weapon stop you from staying on an ESFs tail so he never gets a shot at you?
  5. smokemaker

its about balance not reality
    a max that can destroy air and infantry would light up the forums more then aircraft.
  6. smokemaker

what about the real threat to air, other esf's?
    I dont fear libs in an esf.
  7. Jestunhi

Does the enemy ESF having AtA help him in any way if you are where you should be (on his tail)?
  8. Maxi'sProteinPowder

So you dont get it!

that is what im trying to point out! that Aircraft with pods should not be able to kill both AA and AI if you want balance!
  9. Yeo-Yin

i mean : you can be powerfull vs air and infantry with an esf. You can kill tanks infantry libs and galaxies. You'll have more problem vs esf with a2a, ok, but you still can beat libs and galaxy + infantry. A max with dual burster can't. But you are a pilot, you are not certed for think and use logic.
  10. smokemaker

"Leaving you slightly weaker against ESFs."
    correct, i must decide, am i going for ground targets or air.

"Unless you are going to try claiming that a salvo of roflpods can't be aimed at or doesn't do damage to lumbering libs & gals, it does not leave you defenseless against air."
    As an esf, I do not fear nor am i regularly attacked by Libs or gals. moot point

"And how does not having a lockon A2A weapon stop you from staying on an ESFs tail so he never gets a shot at you?"
    If I am hunting ground targets with rocket pods, most of my attention and targets are on the ground, leaving me open to air. I can attempt to defend myself with the nose gun with 50/50 results... basically who got the jump vs who got hit 1st... thats about 80% of the total air engagement. Now if I am hunting other ESF's Then it guns and A2A missiles.

Its a balance issue. And im all up for working thru it. But not removing or limiting aircraft from a map for the sake of a few whiney infantry.
  11. f0d

nothing can be more imba than aircraft

like how aircraft can kill
    max's
    infantry
    turrets
    liberators
    mbt's
    esf's
    all forms of its counter (AA)

yeah - real balanced
  12. Maxi'sProteinPowder

EXACTLY!

Were as AA MAX only good for scaring away planes and a beacon for everyone else to destroy him!
  13. smokemaker

An esf with rocket pods hunting ground targets leaves themselves open to attack from enemy esf's IE their main counter. If I am busy fighting the other esf, the ground targets are safe. Because I cant kill them while at the same time fighting another esf. You got two types of esf up there. Ones hunting other esf's and geared for it, and others hunting ground targets and geared for that. With A2A missiles, there is no in between. An esf with A2A missiles going against an esf with rocket pods has the advantage and will generally win the engagement. I know you understand this but wont see it. but i tried.

There is room for balance, but not removal.
  14. f0d

i dont like the A2A missles at all in my ESF
    i prefer to use the standard weapon with max clip size upgrades (WOOHOO i can just about fire FOREVER.!) than an A2A missle as most ESF have flares and A2A missles can be dodged and evaded (i do it all the time)

rocketpods and max clip size on main weapon is much better than A2A missles imo

i do agree there is room for balance but not removal though - no vehicles/class should be removed or limited in this game imo (i hated when they limited max's being able to spawn also)
  15. Jestunhi

Really? The only counter is "roflpods give me tunnel vision"?
    • Up x 1
  16. forkyar

17. Goden

They're not allowed to be countered. They're supposed to absolutelty own everything in the entire game without being contested and they have SOE's backing in that department.

The pilots in this game need to go **** themselves.
  18. Kobo

I would like a server where only transport vehicle were allowed, no combat aircraft/tanks whatsoever, just a lot of troups slugging it out... I have wanted that from every single battlefield type of game I have ever played... and I expect that to happen somewhere between never and ever.
  19. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Thats how i feel bro!

Soon the ground will be deserted and everyone will be smashing into each other in the sky and they can rename the game to AIRSIDE 2 - Mach 3
  20. smokemaker

lol, but indeed, SOE has stated their position. AA is to be a deterrent not a counter. Air is the counter. Get over it or play another game.

Ultimately Air is OP but thats how it should be. Why?
    Because the very nature of the aircraft cannot be changed. It fly's. Period. The only way to balance it would be to make a tank fly.
    Air is top dog, Always has been and always will be. Only way to change it is to make it not fly. Theres no way around this. As long as I have an aircraft thats armed, its going to be faster, harder to hit, and way more mobile then ANYTHING else on the battlefield. Thats why in the REAL WORLD, it completely changed how wars are fought. Air is over powered by its very nature. This can not be balanced out other then removing them. I and do not want them removed.

From the very 1st kill by a plane in battlefield 1942 to today, the ground has hated air. But thats how it should be.And I am glad to say, so does SOE.