Can't change screen resolution

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xanportal, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Xanportal

Hi there, I've tried searching the forums but can't seem to find any info.

The problem is basically that I can't change my screen resolution in the game. I recently upgraded to a new monitor and the game resolution is stuck at 1366x768. That was the resolution of the old monitor. When I click the drop down box, 1366x768 is the only available resolution. I've tried changing to windowed mode and back to see if anything changes but no luck. The resolution of the new monitor is 1920x1080. If anyone knows of a solution, I'd appreciate it.
  2. Xanportal

Odd, switching to full screen windowed defaults to 1920x1080 with no option to change, but back to 1366x768 when I switch back to full screen.
  3. ozziewolf

Try deleting your useroptions.ini or just rename your useroptions if you want to keep it as a backup. You could change it to something like backup_useroptions.ini.

If you don't know how to get to your Planetside 2 installation I would suggest just doing a search for useroptions.ini
  4. Sliced

Do as above said.
    I would copy the Useroptions.ini file to desktop and then delete it from install path.
    The game should recreate it.
    If this does not work then copy the useroption.ini file to desktop
    Open useroption.ini file in the install path and manually set your screen resolution
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=(pick)
    WindowedHeight=(pick)
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

See if those work.

Can you change the resolution in any other games or even the desktop?
  5. Xanportal

Moved user options from the ps2 folder and that seemed to do the trick, thanks for the help!