Friends leaving the NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by voigt, Dec 15, 2012.

1. iller

That won't help one bit. According to SOE, there's only small Stat imbalances. Small Stat imbalances would not lead to so many players switching or giving up on NC. But small stat difference is all that SOE knows about because their "extensive' Datamining can't take into consideration how many fights are lost due to excessive "Flinching".

You see this with tons of studios whether they're really good ore really bad. They don't have the creativity usually to record data on more 'Analog' mechanics and subconscious metrics... They can only measure Binary formulae, not abstract or psychological ones.
  2. Postumus

Heh. Hundreds die before my scatterguns. Thats a funny.
  3. MasterD

I feel ya. I loved NC in Planetside 1 so I rolled em here. I never was a fan of the jackhammer but I loved the guass rifle. While I enjoy NC and I do pretty good with em. I just do much better with TR and VS. If I could have the Orion for my NC guy I would be in love that gun is amazing at all ranges.
  4. Deladin

The scattermax is a complete joke. The grinders are the only decent AI max weapon, but those have to be purchased.

The scattercannons for the max are so horrible, that easily 60% of the time I will unload both arms, that is 12 rounds, and maybe MAYBE kill the heavy that was standing 10 meters in front of me. Where as the chaingun max will pulverize anything at 50 meters or less without trying.
  5. Locke

You must be doing something tactically wrong. I have a scatter max left and hacksaw right (which isn't even that good a combo) and I can get enough kills for it to be worth while even when operating alone. If you are trying to engage the enemy at range with what effectively are very large shotguns you have the wrong tool for the job. TR MAX does better at medium but worse in close.
  6. Canaris

make some new friends maybe, plenty more traitors crawling under rocks for you to find ;)
    check out the outfit recruitment for your server
  7. ShadowWolf TR

like i said, i play all factions (my main faction is TR)
    play as another faction, then come back and tell me they're weaker than a TR's
  8. Nubs

My view on the NC balance situation is that there are some real issues and like the OP, despite being a die hard ncd since launch of PS1, ive actually found myself contemplating spending a lot more time on my VS and TR test characters. But I cant bring myself to do it, I suspect if things dont improve a great deal I will just stop playing (and im a member, with xp boosts and a number of camo and weapon purchases so I'm fairly committed).

NC weapons.. there are some good ones and generally balance is actually ok. The real issue is the heavy assault weapons, the nc ones simply dont compare to the default TR/VS HA weapons. Flinching being the main culprit, but I also think that the recoil should be the same across all the default HA guns and just change the fire rate and damage per shot only.

Ground vehicles seem pretty balanced too. I have fun in a vanguard and there are times where (geared for AV) ive been able to tear through entire TR and VS tank columns, ap main gun, ap 2nd gun, shield and tactical positioning. One on one it's usually fair game. I think the mag's have more survivability as its easy for them to dodge incoming rounds whilst still firing accurately with their main gun.

Air.. this is a big joke and im just staggered they have this setup the way they do. Reavers - bigger hit boxes, slower moving, poorer maneouverability and nothing at all to compensate. Damge over time of their weapons is the same and their durability is the same. It even costs a huge amount more to invest in flares than it does for the other ESFs. This explains why the sky is usually swarming with sythes and mossy's but only a handful of reavers - they cant compete, get driven off and shot down by the enemy ESF's. With poor competetiveness int he sky, the other factions find it easier to control the battlefield and surpress our tanks and infantry.

Warpgate placement. Indar.. what .. the.. ****? Who decided that putting one warpgate at the bottom of a pit was a good idea? The NC have to fight uphill to every single base in their zone of influence and to try and break out of it. The TR and VS fight downhill. It's basic knowledge that if you hold the high ground, you have a big advantage. There were big problems with that warpgate placement during beta, which ever empire had it, were nearly always getting crushed back deep into their territory. My outfit actively tries to avoid playing on Indar now, it just isn't fun to constantly have to fight uphill. Amerish seems better, although it does feel like there is a siege on sungrey 90% of the time by the VS and that Mekala (our techplant) is usually in the hands of the TR. Which is a problem because the only signifcant vehicle resources are the techplants, so if one empire holds two, they can keep rolling vehicles all day long. If an empire holds none, very quickly their players run out of resourcices. Without the techplant its usually +20 resources per tick, which means to replace a destroyed sunderer is 1hr and 40 minutes. Once the sunderers run dry, you are screwed because you cant mount an effective attack without them. Esamire seems pretty balanced to me, fight tends to roll around the center, resources seem manageable too.
    • Up x 1
  9. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Play the NC a bit. 2.03 K/D, and it's great compared to the .778 I have on my VS guy.

That'll change soon. I like the NC, but I like being a Barney more.
  10. Daswen

Basically, you wrote what is said yesterday on my TS. I think, like i said before, that NC's weapons are fine. I do pretty well with my medic, and my light assault.

But there is a problem with our Heavys. I can see 3/4 enemy players are heavys. On the battlefield, Trs and Vanus did really great last days, rockets everywhere, nice defense, this is hard to break in their bases.
    Nc's side, it seems there is only medics and infiltrators. That's an exaggeration, ok, but really, we lack heavys on the battlefield.

I think there is a balance issue about heavy's weapons. Nc heavy's weapons are fine imho... But Vanus and Trs are simply too accurate. I totaly agree with Nubs here, give them the NC's recoil, and balance will be fine.

I cant talk that much about AIR, because i dont play as a pilot, but as a NC player, i can say that we have ALWAYS billions Scythes et Mosqui, and not that much reavers. I dont know why. And seriously i m thinking about certing a reaver and play air because right now, our air force is a joke. I m not talking about skill, but numbers.
    That said, population balance on Miller seems fine, so it isnt a matter of number.
  11. deaded

What you guys are saying about NC HA is also my impression.

I use GD7F and GR22 (unlock with cash ... ) for medic/LA/eng, and they are excellent weapons. Problem is, we need heavys for soaking abit of dmg + bazooks for maxes, splash-dmg around corners and vehicles. NC HA is in a really bad state atm. None of the guns are really viable in a shootout against equally skilled force pushing for their infantry, with EM1 imo being the most viable option. As soon as you start taking dmg (and you will trying to spearhead), COF is all over the place. Its impossible to connect shots, even if you aim like a god and your crosshair is excactly where you want it.

And yes, Reaver handles like a brick with wings. Feels more like a lib in handling than any of the other ESF's tbh. Its just feels too slow and heavy. I guess this is the meaning of NC, being slow and hard, but in the air you really need agility and maneuverability.
  12. TheBlade009

This ^
  13. deaded

I have played the other factions, got BR15 (or 16.. ) TR and BR8 VS (and BR32 NC), and your "L2P"-trolling dont serve much use besides amusing me. NC HA is in a bad state. ESF-balance too, we're the weakest. Im not saying its black/white, its margins we're talking about.
  14. Daswen

Hundreds die before his scattercannon. Our Max is great. I love it. We have many great things.

But I think you should read what we wrote, worth it.
  15. TheBlade009

I did and now ill give my findings despite opening myself up to troll fest 2012.

I have played since the beta. I make a point to play all 3 factions after every major patch to make sure my opinions remain up to date. I just recently played them after the last patch.

I made a point to play every class on every faction and found the
    NC weapons are simply the best
    followed very closely by VS
    then way way down at the bottom TR

of course there are many who seem to have completely different experiences and i simply don't understand because the imbalance seems so clear to me when i play.

While a fight between VS and NC for me on either end is usually pretty even whenever i fight as or against the TR i find they have been left in the dust.
    • Up x 1
  16. HMR85

I played NC all of PS1. I will play NC all of PS2. You have your fair weather players that will run to the next fotm and then you have your dedicated hardcore base which will not leave you. Unfortunate part of all of this is that you learned who your real friends where the hard way. OP if your on Connery look me up and come play with a good group of guys that won't abandon you to go play those other factions. In game name is the same as my forum name.
    • Up x 1
  17. OctavianAX5

This guy just answered your question the best way possible.

Too bad he's rebel scum. ;)
  18. voigt

These are my real life friends who I have played MMO and shooters with for over 15 years, its not like I just stop being friends with them because they choose to play TR or Vanu. Unfortunately you may be right about finding a different outfit to roll with, but I am currently on Mattherson. Thanks for the offer though.
  19. hellin

What controversy?
    Okay. Imagine that many players NС wrong. For example, you claim that the distance should not exceed NC other faction ... But many times I was been killed by the other faction at a distance of 30 to 50 meters. Killed simply by holding LMB ... Question and what is the balance? For example, for NC I could not repeat the combo in the murder three from standard LMG both Vanu, going just to see what they have with the weapon.
  20. dumbo

I haven't seen any 'exodus' of NC, but if there was to be a reason, that would be it.

Tawrich needs nuking from orbit. It's entirely defensible.... but it's tedious to do it 24/7.