so i heard some interesting info...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ExarRazor, Dec 18, 2012.

1. omega4

No, because EVERY change in free to play games is about the money, money, money.

Gameplay balance takes second seat to transactional opportunities in free to play games.

Changes in traditional retail games are about the game itself (since they've already got your money upfront).
    • Up x 2
  2. IshanDeston

Well, i've been in the beta and while i can see where you are coming from, i am not so quick to give up on them. Even though there is some money grabbing going on right now. But i am not convinced its on purpose, at least not right now. Then again, from my understanding they post their 6 month plan in January, and i think i will give them that much time, at least. The game just released and during Beta they tried their best.
  3. omega4

I've been in business for 20 years.

Money grabs are ALWAYS on purpose, even if it doesn't APPEAR to be the case....
  4. IshanDeston

Yeah, but in this case we talk about Devs reponsible for the game =/= Sales Department of Sony.
  5. omega4

The PS2 devs are responsible to SOE senior management. SOE senior management is more interested in money grabs than the SOE Sales Dept, since their stock options and bonuses are tied to meeting certain budget/profit thresholds.
  6. NOX2097

5/10 you got some good bites and made it to page 2 in the dead of night. bonus points if this thread comes back tomorrow without you bumping it. double bonus points if it only gets locked after at least 10 pages. triple bonus points if final mod comment uses the expression "non constructive".
    • Up x 1
  7. TheBlade009

Its as simple as this try the Carv, try the Guass saw, and try the Orion come back to me with your findings and ill tell you if you can aim a gun or not.
  8. Elbryan

Sure does sound like "horsecrap".

I find it extremely funny how people whine about the Carv while Orion is superior LMG. :D
  9. HerpTheDerp

You do not aim a Gauss Saw.
    It aims you.
    • Up x 2
  10. Savvon

If they remove the carv, you can kiss Terran goodbye.

Hope they remove it! ;)
  11. Monnor

Give it recoil like the saw, would be intressting how many HA spamers will hit anything again.
  12. Pella

Did RAS tell you this? He seems to take every opportunity to share his thoughts on why the TR are OP and VS suck...
  13. Protection

Off topic:

Dota 2.

Makes money only on cosmetic items. Nothing you can buy has any effect on gameplay numbers in any way. It's only cosmetic hats, wardrobe, and cosmetic items, cosmetic sound sets, and skins -- none of which offer even the slightest advantage over a free player.

Hell, even TF2 is pretty solid in that regard. Any weapon or item you can get within an hour of playtime and trading (except for cosmetic hats).

On Topic:

Unsubstantiated rumor is unsubstantiated. Don't make a fuss about it until we have proof that the T9 is being altered or changed.
  14. xXGenesisXx

And yet its 10 times easier to kill someone at range with Carv then with Orion ...... try it you will see. Where Orion takes a clip and a half to kill someone at range with carv i can do it in 2-3 short bursts.
  15. Bejita231

Carv isent even in the top 10 broken things about this game, in fact its not broken at all, to kill anything at range you have to tap fire, tap the button repeatadly which is not full auto which considerably lowers your DPS on the gun, Orion has a much faster TTK at close and long range because it has no bullet drop and the bullet drop off makes no diffrence when 99% of battles are at close/medium range

If they removed carv, i wouldnt quit because they removed carv, i know there's much more cheesy things in the game and the gun is the most balanced gun in the game, i would quit because SoE would not have their priorities straight and would be bascailly wasting their time removing legit weapons and not spending time on fixing cheese weapons like basically every Vanu weapon that has no bullet drop and can kill someone in 1 second from all ranges
  16. xXGenesisXx

So did you expect to full auto at range o_O ? Try ACTUALLY killing something at long range with Orion see how many hits it takes and then do the same with CARV. I hate people who talk ##$% without knowing what they are talking about .

With Orion i can unload a clip (Also taping) in to someone at long range then reload and unload another half clip to get a kill (talking about detected hits). With carv i do the same with 2-3 sort bursts.
    I can agree that Orion is a beast from up close or even medium but at long range CARV is way better .
  17. ShakareeNC

I dont get it either, toe to toe in CQC the orion will win, but in the open field the Carv will win, their both good weopans but the Carv as a definent advantage outside of CQC, and the Gauss the same. If you meet a VS with a Orion up close and personal and begin firing at eachother at same time with same stats the Orion will win. Same stats and outside CQC the Gauss and Carv win
  18. Aelus

Exactly! I find each weapon has its own purpose. The Orion is statistically stronger in CQC than the Carv and Gauss. However, in other circumstances this changes. Besides all that the issue people aren't discussing is skill. There isn't enough stat advantage any way to truly circumvent skill. Its more or so a scapegoat or excuse for people who aren't that good to blame the system for their lack of skill.
  19. TheBloodEagle

So basically take out the LMG that actually gives meaning to what Faction advantage TR have? ROF.
    Doubt it.
  20. Cybergoblin

they may nerf it - and then add the T9 Carv Special as a $7.00 purchasable item with the same stats