So after watching the ultimate empire showdown...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawa, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Dirkah

You think thats a neckbeard?
    No good sir.
    THIS is a neckbeard:

[IMG]
  2. Davelantor

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/davelantor/VSleaderLookslikeA******_zpse281dc31.jpg
    • Up x 2
  3. VoidMagic

4Sc13nc3

Piewdiepie 4 Sovereign Lord
  4. Bigperm

I want to grief the ever living **** out of these people
    • Up x 1
  5. Allerious

Can someone explain to me what is so awful about these three being chosen as the leaders for this publicity event? From the responses here it seems as though many people think that for whatever reason on that one day all of their in-game actions will be dictated to them by one of these three. It's a video-game publicity leader role, the only power they have will be over their already existing fanbase.

It's just going to be a more target-rich environment, with the normal battles waging in the normal places + one new unorganized zerg per faction. So, how is that going to ruin your day (Or by the scale of some of these posts, your entire gaming experience)?
    • Up x 1
  6. irishroy

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    i understand, that this is a game and we shouldn´t take this tooo serious, but the vid is a bit too much. the TR-leader is ok, but the NC , well he doens´t really look like a rebell. maybe he needs a mohican... ;)
    and vanu leader.... yes, it´s funny, but a bit :confused:
    VS, just do ==> [IMG] :D
  7. Lolroflcake

So sorry Vanu, as bad as the other two leaders are if Toby is your leader you have just officially lost this war despite it being a game that never actually ends.

His whole thing is being incredibly bad at everything he does apparently.
    • Up x 1
  8. foam

Never speak to me like this again.
  9. {joer

Never have geeks try to promote anything. Its not in their genetic makeup.
  10. PurpleOtter

Except Wil Wheaton, he's the exception that proves the rule!

Hey I think I'm on to something here, SOE should have hired Wil Wheaton (TR), Felicia Day (Vanu) and Jeff Lewis (NC) to promote the game....
    • Up x 1
  11. Alexii

Ok. I watched the "showdown" video. Made me throw up a little. TR was fine. NC i dont know but he seemed more or less ok. The Vanu "leader" however invoked a powerful gag reflex. SOE , you should put a warning tag at the start of the video.
    • Up x 1
  12. Arod

We e-sports now....
  13. Stanis

It's about the youtubes. 5mil subcribers and 1billion views between them.

The vanu guy having the most subscribers and views is obviously doing something right .. which shouldn't astound me but does make me worry about society.
    • Up x 1
  14. Sinist

Why is my faction representative not even American?

I will take the Vanu guy because at least he had a sense of humor. Just give him the TR faction.

Stupid idea and I hope this dies before it ever begins. We don't even have one megaserver so different servers may want to associate their empire with people they play with. I have never heard of any of these people except TotalBiscuit and that is only because I played Planetside 1. I did not know for example he went on to be a video game commentator.
  15. Deschain

This is an april fools joke right?. Can we Vote No ?
  16. Fear The Amish

TB lives in the USA and plays on waterson Largest TR outfit in game currently... you got lucky so quit your whining NC guy doesn't even play game but at least plays FPS, VS guy plays Minecraft and browser games.....
  17. Virtual0Slayer

What needs to be done: Cut the Lord of the rings movie part where Boromir tells Aragon 'Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king'
    Put empire specific helmet to cover Boromir's face and the 'leader' face on Aragon. Replace Gondor with empire of choice....
    Post as video reply to youtube video and possibly make a forum thread. PROFIT!!!!!!!
    Would do it myself but sorely lack the skillz. :(
  18. TurboSax

Ignoring the hate, what server will this even take place on? I'd rather not build up a character on Mattherson just to find out it's on Miller instead.
  19. idclev50

Lot's of children will be joining us
  20. idclev50

Hopefully they'll come to Briggs :rolleyes: