Azure Twilight

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Nobel, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Nobel

[IMG]

Turning the world purple since 2003, Azure Twilight is one of Planetside's oldest, largest, and most organized outfits.

Since our founding in 2003, Azure Twilight has always been about creating a fun, organized, and respectful atmosphere for all Planetside Players; we can’t wait for you to join in this time honored tradition, and make your own mark on Auraxis, and in Azure Twilight.

[IMG]

Azure Twilight is made up of people from all walks of life and from across the world. We have members from every part of the US and Canada as well as Europe and the Pacific region. During "Prime Time" on the east coast, every night, we run "Ops". Averaging 2-3 Full Platoons nightly, we do everything from Galaxy drops and air cavalry to tank columns and max crashes. If your looking for large numbers as well an organized teamwork oriented game-play experience, AT is for you.

The #1 Rule: Respect Your Fellow Players
    This includes all players, whether they are in the Azure Twilight or not, including all VS, NC and TR. Our goal is to make Planetside a better place for everyone.

What you will need:
    We use Teamspeak 3 to communicate within the outfit. You do not need a microphone, however having one is strongly recommended.

How to join:
    Azure Twilight
    Click on "New Members Start Here"

List of Azure Twilight Officers:
    Outfit Leader:
    Francko
    Outfit Officers:
    Amichai
    Annapolitan
    Antithasys
    Beekergunship
    DargoTrox
    Gulfy32
    Kytten
    LupeFiasco
    Nobel
    Servinius
    Wisher
    Officers-in-Training
    Bagndrag
    • Up x 5
  2. Zap-Robo

And for those who prefer pictures, more than words...

PlanetSide 2 Highlight AT...

Friday Night Ops Episode 2 (AT Outfit Spotlight)...

AT's Own Twitch Stream...
    • Up x 1
  3. MceeD

Top Shelf Organization, people and fun... Turning the world purple since 2003
    • Up x 1
  4. stirge

I joined Azure Twilight around mid October, and they are the only reason I still play PS2. I have serious ADD with video games, and have never played an online game for more than about a month, and PS2 has already enthralled me for about 3 months now. This due only in part to the game itself. Had I been playing solo, I probably would've stopped at least a month ago, however, one fateful day, I accidentally jumped into an AT squad with the auto squad join. After a bit, one of the members asked me to pass squad lead to him cos they were reforming their platoon. He then asked if I'd like to join AT, and I said sure. Best decision I have made in the game so far.

AT is almost always incredibly organized and operates very smoothly. I keep playing the game because I love the feeling of being part of something bigger. I love the tactics, the strategy, the epicness of watching 60 magriders glide across the sands of Indar to lay waste to the enemy. The people are very awesome and friendly, and very welcoming. They're quick to teach you how to do things in the game, how to cap bases, how to take a tower without massive TK'ing, etc. etc... I've learned massive amounts from this outfit on how to properly play the game, and now I've led squad and even a whole platoon at times, and it's a totally unique experience.

It is not an uncommon experience to find that 2-3 full platoons of people are on during prime time ops, and the outfit now has close to 900-1000 members on the server, it's crazy! We did a cross continent flash race acroos Amerish yesterday, with almost 100 people. It was hilarious, awesome, and epic all at the same time.

Basically, if you want a good, friendly, tactical, strategical,we formed, professional outfit, this is the place to go. We're the main reason that VS got the first, and I believe still the only, triple cont lock on Matherson server. Don't know if you know this or not....but, we're kind of a big deal around here.
    • Up x 1
  5. Fenrys

Thanks for encouraging me to lead a squad. It was satisfying to devise a plan, ask AT members to follow it, and watch it succeed.

We cracked some tough base defenses tonight. At an Amp Station, I reluctantly (predicting heavy casualties) ordered my squad to all go LA and jump over the wall of a base, into a courtyard that was literally overflowing with enemy armor, disable an outer wall shield generator, and keep it down long enough to move in our Sundy. I died before reaching the generator and thought the rest of my squad would meet me back at the Sundy soon enough, but they f'n did it. Despite being outnumbered and outgunned, the magicians I got to lead were somehow able to drop the shields long enough for Magriders from a different squad to clear the courtyard, and we ended up capturing a base in 20 minutes that the zerg could not have taken in 20 hours.

I had the most fun at a fight over a medium size outpost where we refrained from spawn camping the badly outnumbered opposition. I ordered my squad into ambush positions around one of the capture points, and we ended up getting a bunch of XP during the cap from respawning opponents charging us one or two at a time. Eventually, an organized squad of heavies and medics tried to flank us - I came around the corner of a rock and saw ~8 NC staring back at me, hidden from view to the rest of my squad. I called out their number and position on teamspeak, took a few down with me before being overwhelmed (but they were promptly rezed), and by the time I respawned my ~8 squad mates had already positioned themselves perfectly to ambush the ambushers. The fight was over before I could finish jogging back to join them.

I was impressed by how well AT members respond both to micromanagement and free reign to use their best judgement about how to complete an objective.
    • Up x 1
  6. DocTux

There are two ways you can play Planetside 2 you can Zerg solo/with a random squad, or you can join an outfit and start doing some real work. Azure twilight is a massive, organized, respected outfit where players of the Vanu Sovereignty can come together and accomplish something greater. When I joined AT, I had no clue exactly how extensive it's player base was until I logged onto team-speak and saw 100+ mature, respectful players working together as one united force. If you feel that there's more to the game than what you're getting, then try out AT. We promise that you will never overlook the importance of teamwork again.
  7. Zierham

I joined Azure Twilight way back towards the start of PS1. While I didn't stick with PS1 full time from then until it closed out, I did come back from time to time and was always impressed that AT continued to be around, maintain the same incredible organization and leadership, and if anything always continue to develop new and better strategies.

Coming to PS2, I have found this to still be true; Azure Twilight represents the most organized and effective outfit I have ever had the honor to be a part of. If you're tired of rushing into the meatgrinder for no tactical gain or tired of just sitting on a hill as a sniper wondering why the enemy continues to capture territory around you, this is the outfit for you. If you're tired of watching those around you do nothing to advance objectives while you patiently wait for just ONE MORE FREAKING C4 ON THAT ENEMY SUNDY so you can blow yours with it and stop the endless crimson tide, this outfit is for you. If you're just looking to farm as much XP as possible with no regard for pressing objectives or otherwise accomplishing anything other than meaningless BR/Cert grinding, well then this outfit ISN'T for you... in fact go play NC or TR, because our objective is to turn the world purple.
  8. LuckyImperial

All our members have been writing good reviews that seem to do a good job of outlining what we do. Staying together and working as a team.

AT is probably the most organized VS outfit on Matterson. We are highly coordinated & cooperative. We've also just recently introduced an Air-Cav squad that has been very effective.
  9. Kytten

The outfit is constantly evolving and taking feedback from all our members regardless of rank on how to best intergrate large scale tactical ops with the modernisation of this amazing MMOFPS.

So if you're looking for organisation, in a mature and respectful natured outfit that enjoys turning the world purple. Then please hop into game and send a /tell to one of our officers for an invite or jump onto our Website/ TS3 server and poke someone for access.

Hoping to see you folks on Auraxis.

Regards
    Kytten x
  10. trippletea

Kytten Y U NO except me as friend. Anywho...ya'll are some pretty awesome folks from what i've seen on your stream. I may be putting in an App with ya'll soon. Leveling my lil VS guy as much as i'm able and trying not to burst a vessel at the pugs mindlessness ><. But ya'll carry on the good fight!!....For Freedom and Science stuff!! o_O.
    • Up x 1
  11. Amichai

We had a great MultiStream event on our twitch channel tonight with over 160 members online. Come join us.
  12. Solaries

Be more than just a lone soldier following the masses; join us and work as a team to show Vanu that you are worthy.
  13. Kravyn

Are you guys mainly ground pounders or is there room for pilots as well? I don't mind getting my hands dirty every now and then but I prefer being in the air.
  14. Nobel

As we said in our recent meeting, if you have the certs and have gone through pilot training you can expect to be in the air 60-70% of the time. The truth is you dont always need Air Cav up, sometimes, you just need people to get in there and take the Bio Lab.
  15. P-Funk

Haha this is war. You think you can just neglect the air for a minute? Describe your pilot training.
  16. Neritus

Thanks for the hard fights on Mattherson, AT. We love running into you guys.

/signed
    Neritus
    O-1 First Lieutenant
    Sunder Military Gaming
  17. Francko

The best way to see if AT is right for you is to experience it from the inside. Make a toon on VS Mattherson, go through our training(s). Run with us for a week and you'll stay for life!

Start here: http://azuretwilight.org/outfit/welcome
  18. Bloodlet

Bump

Recently joined and it has been good so far. I recommend AT to anyone who has been on the fence about joining. It's always good to see actual objective based game play instead of just stat whoring for kills.
  19. Tigas76x

I have been with AT for over a month now. Part of the reason why I still play PS2 is because of this outfit. No matter what time you play, you will always have people in the outfit to play with. The officers are great and are always there to help you out. Basic training and advance training that AT provides really males this game fun. Please check us out and you will stay for life. Join us as we turn the world purple!!!
  20. Cyridius

Gotta say guys that fight at J908 on Saturday was something fun. Top notch VS.
    • Up x 1