[TR] - The Art of Warfare

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by GundamMKII, Dec 6, 2012.

1. GundamMKII

[IMG]

The Art of Warfare (TAW) was formed in March of 2001 by members who were playing Delta Force: Land Warrior and they wanted to form something special. From these humble beginnings TAW has grown into a World Class Gaming Community. TAW currently has over 1900 gamers from around the world. These gamers have come together with a common vision of Honor, Friendship, Loyalty, and Fair Play. TAW continues to adapt itself to the ever-changing landscape of gaming; however TAW is steadfast with its Code of Ethics. This is our bedrock in a world of games and clans that come and go.

Why should you join TAW now?
    Because PlanetSide2 is a new game, it is being created in TAW's "New Game Division" called Vanguard. Vanguard is a place in TAW where new games are spun-up, teams are built, leadership is found and the bonds of organization are formed. Joining now will let you have an impact on how this new division/game will be shaped as it grows to join the other 25+ games divisions within TAW.

[IMG]

Our PlanetSide 2 outfit is focused on:
    - Participating in large scale warfare with other outfits.
    - Training and skill enhancement (In depth Game knowledge and Experience).
    - Advanced strategic and tactical planning with your platoons and squads.
    - Competitiveness
    - Fun events!

TAW Gives You:
    - Unique organized gaming experience, more than the casual public game.
    - Specialized training to bring out your potential as a leader.
    - Fellowship with a diverse group of 1900+ gamers in 25+ games from all over the world and from many time-zones, in TAW there are always games going on 24 hours a day.
    - Opportunities for competitive teams to challenge other clans from all over the world.
    - Website @ Taw.net where game and user-generated content is published.
    - Teamspeak 3 server for all members to use as our main gathering place when gaming.
    - Steam, Facebook and Twitter groups.
    - Merchandise shop for T-shirts, hats, pins, posters and other items for specific games or general TAW-themed goods.
    - Semi-weekly radio show (TAWcast) which has news, interviews and general TAW highlights.
    - Monthly newsletter featuring updates, interviews, articles and the latest & greatest on what's happening around TAW.

What are the requirements to join TAW?
    - 15 years of age or older.
    - Mature gamers who are interested in team-based play.
    - Have a working microphone.
    - Speak English.
    - Willing to commit to two matches per week (real life comes first, so occasional misses are OK).
    - TAW is FREE, there are no membership dues!
    - TAW accepts people from any country in any time-zone. Our 1900+ gamers hail from many regions and nations.

How do you join TAW's PlanetSide 2 TR team?
    Because PlanetSide 2 is a new game, it is being created in TAW's "new game division" called Vanguard. To join TAW's PlanetSide 2team simply:
    1. go to www.taw.net
    2. click the big "JOIN TAW" button on the top right of the page.
    3. follow the steps to create a new account.
    4. select PlanetSide 2 as the game you want to join.
    5. select the region of the world from the battalion drop-down that fits your time schedule the best.
    6. answer the questions.
    7. after applying verify your email address and wait for your application to be approved.
    8. after your application has been approved begin our on-boarding process.

When does TAW's Terrain Republic team plays?
    Operations: Thursday & Sunday - 21:00 EST -5
    Training: Tuesday - 21:00 EST -5
    Server: Waterson
    [IMG]
  2. slepyhed

Hey everyone, TAW is very active in PS2. There's folks on pretty much every evening and we always have a good time. PS2 really demands a lot of teamwork and TAW.net is set up to deliver! Even if you're not sure, join us on teamspeak as a guest and see what this is all about!
  3. Zenatsuu

Our TAW outfit Has been playing PS2 since the early beta. Lots of our members have had vast experience playing the game thus far. So if you are new, we not only have the member experience to lead you, but we have training in place to teach you specific tasks and proper procedures: From infantry, to tanks, and even aviation.

If you think you have the skills to run with the big dogs, but want to test the water first, go ahead and join our Team speak @ "ts.taw.net". Hit up any member in the "Planetside 2" channel and we'll get you involved in no time!
  4. Rinzlur

Being a member of TAW has been a great experience, it has definitely made the game much more enjoyable for me. If you are looking for a good group of guys to play PS2 with, check us out at TAW.net.
  5. Shadowolf1

Great group of active members here!
  6. Synmetric

If you're new, there is one recommendation most veterans will provide: Join an outfit.

TAW is amazing. Flexibility, morality, training, organization... TAW is awesome.

Look for TAW.net open squads and find out if TAW is for you!
  7. Shadowolf1

I thought I would post my story about TAW to give a friendly bump and to give a personal side to the page. I used to be part of TAW about 5 years ago for a game called "World in Conflict" and then for the game "Warhammer Online" and had a ton of fun with the guys there. After a while though the games kinda died off and so did the divisions for the games in TAW, so I left TAW because wasnt playing any games that TAW supported. It just so happens my brother told me about Planetside 2, and I decided to make a NC character on Waterson. I like many others joined a large zerg clan that is pretty prominent on the server because they sent me a random invite.

Well, one day I was playing infiltrator, supporting the NC take a point. Then over the hill comes a sundy drops of a full squad which then runs in and clears the point in one cohesive sweep, and took the territory from the zerg. It was when they pulled back to their sundy that I noticed their tags: "TAW1" and this was when I was thinking "No way!" Sure enough it was my old clan on the opposite side of the field. I then contacted good old gundam here, deleted my character and started a new one with TAW in the TR. Since then I have had an amazing time during our operation nights, rocking the battlefield.
  8. Rinzlur

9. ChaosRNGR

Is there a place in TAW for a player who prefers to play infiltrator?
  10. Shadowolf1

Yes there is, TAW is about people coming together and having fun. If you like playing a specific class then go ahead and play it. The only time a class may be suggested is when we are pulling ops and are running specific strategies. TAW is about teamwork and having fun, so if you are interested you can apply at TAW.net
  11. shamgard

Our outfit is getting stronger and larger each day. Come join us for some fun!
  12. Swiftd1546

Just got back from holidays and i'm looking to play with TAW.net why come join in?
  13. Synmetric

Still recruiting all classes, pilots, etc. Join us!
  14. PurpleOtter

This is a Bump,

Yes we are still actively recruiting.

We encourage people to join us as guests on our Team Speak Server to see if TAW is for you.

Otter.
  15. PurpleOtter

You guessed it, it's bump time!
  16. PurpleOtter

Another bump-a-roo!
  17. Kastrenzo

do you guys follow that silly checking in-checking out protocol that the ArmA TAW follows? I was with them for a while a few years ago,

Also I think bumping is against the forum guidelines so careful
  18. PurpleOtter

Yes we have a "Radio Protocol" for our Teamspeak server. It helps with organizing large groups occupying a single channel.
  19. Kastrenzo

Forgive me but it wasn't that "organized" when I was in TAW.

120 people come in for MANDATORY TRAINING. then once it's over 60% of them leave the second it's done, and all you hear is XXXX Checking out, YYYYY CHecking out, x50
  20. Barricade

When squads join/leave debrief usually its just "Squad X checking in/out", but the rule is still effective to know who is coming in game or who is leaving.

We're still actively recruiting, join us on our teamspeak anytime or check in-game for our public squad!