Allow us to lock out sunderer guns from pubs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Merix, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Merix

Rage thread.

Tired of ******** pubs sitting there shooting the liberator that is 1000m away thinking they are going to shoot it down or something all while giving away my position to EVERY ******* LIB/MOSQ/REAV in the area causing them to swarm me.

I'm fine driving them around as long as they aren't in the guns.
    • Up x 2
  2. Jestunhi

People attracting attention to a sundy deserve to be kicked, I wish I could boot / lock out certain people all the time!
  3. Phoebus

Yes, vehicles need 3 separate access rights like in PS1.
    One access right for the driver seat.
    One access right for the guns.
    One access right for the passengers.
    • Up x 4
  4. TheScapegoat

Page down, cllick the X next to their name; run them over for good measure.
    • Up x 1
  5. H0urg1ass

Planetside 2: Less is More
  6. ChaiVat777

Are you serious? You don't know how to lock or boot people from your sunderer? It's under the "General" tab...it's called "vehicle management". You're welcome. :)
  7. ChaiVat777

You can...I just explained above.
  8. Mordrake

Deploy.
    Proceed to gain 2 valuable exp. points for his respawn.
    Repeat.
    • Up x 1
  9. IshanDeston

I am missing that, very much.
  10. Chenjesu

Great, you mentioned the game that mussent be named.

Now the Devs will ignore this thread.
    • Up x 1
  11. Thorvaldr

I believe the point the OP was making is that you don't have the ability to lock out JUST the guns.

You only have the option to open all seats (including guns), lock seats to just platoon/squad, or lock the Sunderer completely. The request is to allow the Sunderer owner to open up the passenger seats to anyone who needs a ride, but now allow them access to the guns.

I agree with this request. I can't count the number of times a bored/unskilled passenger grabbed the guns and started shooting at anything in the area, giving away our position, and getting everyone killed. Lately, I've added this setting to my "list of things you do" when the Sunderer rolls off the pad:

Shut off lights...check
    Lock the Sundi to "Squad/Platoon Only"....check
    Try not to run over wandering idiots in the road.....check...kinda :cool:

The unfortunate part of this is that I see lots of players trying to make their way to the next fight and not getting a ride. Most Sunderer drivers have experienced enough pain from this issue to just lock the bus and let the pubs walk. I'd like to give them a ride too; more peeps in the bus = better odds of success. But, like other drivers, I just can't take the chance that a simple act of courtesy will get us all killed in a blazing ball of flames.
  12. BengalTiger

Shut the lights off near a combat zone. Lots of people in friendly territory will now notice there's a bus on the road.

The lights are on by default for a purpose- the vehicle is spawned in friendly territory and should be visible.

Either that or just buy a horn. :p
  13. Battlegear2099

Squad only = pgdown no pub issue
  14. Merix

But it is helpful to drive pubs around and I wish to continue doing that.
  15. Jestunhi

My lights remain off, they are like rocket magnets.

If SoE give me a basic horn I may cut down on fatal road accidents, ball's in their court but if they think I will pay a higher price than an actual horn to cut down the amount of random people who die splattered on the front of my Sundy then they are in for a surprise.

I have yet to be weapon locked, so I'll continue as I am until SoE gives me a basic horn.
    • Up x 1