Impossible to hit units that are 5 metres away or less as VS MAX?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Village, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Village

How did this issue not get fixed last patch? This makes NC's MAX suits so OP in comparison because they do not suffer from the same issue. If someone is 5 metres away or less, which is not even face to face bullets just appear to go around an enemy even though your entire reticle is around their chest.

This should require a hotfix because it makes VS MAX useless in CQC which is the only time MAX suits are actually useful anyway. It seems as if the bullets are similar to the burster where in very close range the projectiles just go to the left and right of the enemy instead of directly where you're aiming.
  2. Korban

The only time that I would use a MAX is when Air forces is too much for ground to handle (therefore I will automatically switched to a AA setting).
  3. Jac70

You have to play to your strengths. I took down two NC Maxes today, as a VS Max, by keeping back. Up close they will wreck everything but at say 20m they are less effective and you can usually take them out. Get within 5 meters and your are ******.
  4. EwAB

I have no problem with 20-25 meters, on the other hand i use 2x blueshifts for anti inf, that with FLAK armor to take less dmg from AT guns. I shoot in a rather different manner tho, instead of mashing the fire keys at the same time i try to match the shots so its rapid fire rather than two shots - two shots. That way you keep them supressed better (they cant aim) and you deal rather much damage with each shot.
  5. Plunkies

The NC max does suffer from this, all the maxes do. Since the shots come out of your arms there's a deadzone directly infront of you.

I think they should just buff the max punch. Either make it one shot infantry or completely remove the delay to be able to fire again.

Edit: Oh, and to get around the deadzone, look straight down and shoot at the enemy's feet.
  6. Bloodburn

I have the same problem as a TR max, my chaingun misses 90% of the time if the enemy is anywhere from point blank to about 15 feet away...its very frustrating.
  7. Purg

Convergence. Try the same as an NC MAX with a Falcon. I can kill infantry at 100 meters with a double salvo but not kill them at point blank. I have two arms firing forward, if the rounds were to hit those right in front of me then enemies 20m away from me would be perfectly safe. Playing a MAX is not the same as looking down the barrel of a gun and I'm glad SOE treated it as such.
  8. Village

If weapon convergence is an issue for an infantry based weapon then it badly needs to be fixed. Weapon convergence should NOT be an issue for a MAX. This isn't mechwarrior.
  9. Lessonteacher

This is not a VS only issue and it is ridiculous. TR MAX has the same issue and many players know it, if they run close enough the bullets completely miss them as if the guns are hugging the enemy so they just go around them... Its absurd and requires attention.
  10. Spartan 117

NC MAX has the same issue when using slug rounds. Absolutely ridiculous. Basically just spent 300 certs for slug ammo that makes anything within 5 meters away take 0 damage.
  11. Ripshaft

Righto, two things, sorta related. First, I'd say this is not an issue. The fact that bullets come out of the actual guns is not really something you can call a bug. Additionally, the dead zone is as you say it... in the centre... you wont hit them if you point directly at them... but a bit to the left or right.. annnd yeah you'll hit them.... but that's silly you're not going to be able to lay down sustained fire on them (not that you'd have to considering most shots would hit at that range and annihilate almost anyone near instantly, but lets ignore that)... which brings me to the next part...

Second, the max punch, it's wicked powerful. 1-2 hits from a quasar + punch = dead. Maybe add in a shot or two for a heavy with resist and nanoweave, havent encoutered anyone who hasnt died in one shot + punch yet, but I could see that being possible. My quasars not hitting has really never been a problem. If someone gets right up into my very small deadzone, which is probably less than 1m, let alone 5, they wont be staying there very long, i can promise you that. One of us will die within 1.5 seconds at the most (excluding maxes).

<3 max punch. Basically when a enemy enters melee range, use melee, it's fun and practical.

Edit: perhaps what you're describing is the hit issue where no hits register regardless or range? Had that happen to me as my max a few times today... or yesterday... forget when, but since the patch.
  12. Village

I assume MAX suits have control of their arms so they should converge both weapons on a point blank target where you're aiming, its a big problem and actually does need to be fixed. Melee attacks are incredibly buggy and often will not register and will get you killed so thats another issue.
  13. Ripshaft

Hm odd havent had any issue with max punches not registering... plenty of issue with other attacks though across all classes recently... just a nasty bug they haven't ironed out yet. I get what you're saying about the ability to move arms, but I also don't mind the current situation at all, a rather peculiar weakness like this that is easily countered by player experience is the kind of weakness I like.