The "This is what makes me mad" thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ninjilla, Dec 13, 2012.

1. ZoSoGetsu

The topic of this thread makes me pretty angry.. How can SOE put so much into a game and slack soooo hard in certain areas? I know if this were my game, I'd overlook not a single design detail..

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/new-weapons-need-to-feel-new.62862/

It's basically about charging $7.00 for weapons that are completely identical to one another, other than minor performance characteristics.. 98% ARE THE SAME FREAKING GUN USED OVER AND OVER AGAIN.. Guess what, for 7 bucks we'll give you a different stock and grip.. There is not a single weapon type that doesnt have its model shared elsewhere.. Carbines are shotguns, shotguns are assault rifles, assault rifles are sniper rifles and LMG's.. What is your art department doing all day!??! Not just weapons.. Bases dont feel unique.. Every tower feels like any other tower, same with amp stations, biolabs, etc.. I can deal with that more so than trying to make money off of something and label it "new" and not even make another model for it..
  2. Canaan

1) Having my favorite gun that made grinding tolerable stealth nerfed.

2) Getting killed by stuff that every other class, but my own, can use.
  3. Kaiser1337Team

- surenders doesn't show up on map when I'm alive (but only when I am dead or make me "redeploy dead")
  4. JohnnyMaverik

Just stop letting these things make you rage. You know what I do now when I see a couple of friendlies shooting and chucking grenades at a shield gen? I encourage them over chat. Fk it, it's hilarious. If I get spawn camped I stay in the spawn for a bit, ask the attackers how they're doing, have a chat, then respawn back at the warpgate. I even spammedd a mozzie pilot with yells the other day while he hovered above the building I was hiding in at the abandoned base I'd stupidly spawned at, asking him if he could come down and let me shoot him, eventually I must have gotten through because he did... and killed me, but that just made it funnier.

Outfit time is serious time, solo play is time for lols.
    • Up x 1
  5. Vlas

"OOHHHHH God, garbage water! Jesus H, hate world, gunna go off, take it out on everybody" - Homer Simpson taking out the garbage.
  6. Folly

Crashing, and then logging back in at the Sanctuary.
    Joining a squad and then finding that my default respawn is halfway across the map.
    Spawning a Flash and being crushed by a friendly heavy tank before I roll off the spawn pad and gain control.
    Graphics that are blurry purely because SoE thinks it looks cooler that way.
    Enemy snipers sitting on top of friendly bases, 1-shotting any infantry who try to walk outside.
    Empty engineer turrets everywhere, giving me grief any time I try to shoot enemies.
    Graphics flickering, falling through the world, game crashing, being unable to get into my vehicle, and all the other technical issues.
  7. TheGroggyOne

What they said.
  8. KoNNa

Whiners & "I suck at this game.. NERF IT!!" Threads
  9. TheShotgun

1.The bug where I die as light assault and cant use my jetpack
    2.Not being able to move my character to another server
    3.flanking their team then getting TK
    4.getting spawn camped by tanks
    5.people camping the spawn when they could be taking points

Thats all for now :)
  10. ImGladUmad

Read my name.
  11. Marinealver

• bugs and crashes
    • How much more this is like battlefield and how little it is from Planetside.
    • Terrible base design (KOTH for CP just sucks, every other game is putting in the "interact" to capture system in their games)
    • bunnyhopping jumpy combat firefights. Don't think about where you are going or set up a defensive perimiter or work on flanking, just hop and jump and gun.
    • lone wolf mechanisms, better to be a solo tank then a gunner on the lib
    • lack of depth (fewer continents, no base maintenance (NTU)s, fewer vehicles, no staging area other than an overcrowded warpgate)
    • the AA vs Air thread and the fact that flack is the best AA (shouldn't it be the secondary AA compared to SAMs?)
    • The lack of different weapons (all the weapons look and act the same, even VS weapons from their counterparts)
  12. Ledric

A dozen people stacked on a corner trying to shoot a guy on the other side, killing each other in the process.

Getting ran over by the vehicle zerg.

People that squad lock their deployed Sunderers in a combat area.

The grossly inflated prices of SC items.

The insanely slow cert gain speed.

No feeling of accomplishment when taking territory.
  13. daskleineviech

- NC balance whining, even after the buff. You don't win the war by complaining 200% more than the other two factions combined.
    - TR balance whining (because **** and kill the smurfs already)
    - People who TK you because you declined their squad invitation. No I don't want to play with you TimmyTheSuperstar1996
    - The fact that only greyscale forest camo looks decent on anything.
    - First rocket launcher missile does no damage bug.
    - VS weapons because they blind me at night.
    - VS because I can't see them at night.
    - My gun, because it blinds me at night.
    - Aircraft, because even I can get a **** ton of kills with it. I'm not saying it's imba, it's just easy.
    - Server population issues.
    - TR on Lithcorp, because we are ********.
    - Invisible VS proximity mines. Seriously, NC betties look like the floor and TR have a ******* claymore that shoots red lasers. Why is the VS one invisible? Give everyone betties and I'm happy.
  14. itsreadyshipit

A few people are abusing this feature but more often this is the result of the Q key doing too many things and people using it when trying to spot an enemy unit but there's 1 pixel of a friendly engineer on the screen. We should get more control on what the spot/Q key function does for us, I think I'm capable of pressing V then 4 when I need some ammo.
  15. h00n

1. TEST
    2. GOON
    3. VS and TR guns being effective in the same performance envelope while NC are completely different. Why not a little from column a and a little from b?
    4. Magriders.
  16. MexelVanMexelen

We must be in very different outfits. For me it's the exact opposite way around!
  17. NyaR

18. ent|ty

^^

This also falls under;
  19. LordCharlamane

farking bloody Rocketspamâ„¢. Period.

Why they can't fix it is beyond my bloody reckoning. Furthermore I don't understand why they can't communicate a decent reason. Let alone communicate at all. ffs
  20. PieBringer

I mean when I actually see the "I need ammo" in the chat, pop up at the same time I hear it. I've known about the spotting function doing that to friendly engineers for a while, now. On a related note:

9. (atleast I think I left off on 8...) Trying to spot enemy in my sight, to inform nearby teammates. "I need batteries!". Closest Engineer is ME... Second closest is not even within 20 meters of me, and nowhere near my field of view.

10. We don't have accurate information on how long the standard shield takes to begin recharging, nor how much damage it absorbs, nor how much health you have, nor a "show damage numbers" option.

Honestly, a "show damage numbers" option for when you actually do damage, is more important than adding actual numeral stats to weapons. Well, that's my view on it, anyway. I personally would rather see "1700" when I hit an armor-less infantry with my rocket launcher, than see on the stats page for said rocket launcher "1700 armor damage. Armor damage can damage vehicles that are immune to small arms fire." Or, alternatively, seeing on my beamer "145 small arms damage. Small arms damage affects infantry normally. Only lightly armored vehicles take damage from small arms."