Would people care if all factions weapons were mirrored?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JimRussle, Dec 12, 2012.

1. JimRussle

But that's a strawman, no?

If every faction got the same weapons, then the pool of weapons to choose from would technically increase by a factor of 3. So theres the same amount of diversity, just in a different way.
  2. Sowahka

I'd prefer it. We'd have a lot more weapons to choose from and each one would actually feel quite different. Sounds awesome to me.
  3. rumblepit

1 damage and 1 health? i like that...... thats like my dual cyc max being able to insta kill anyone:)wait never mind thats the scat maxx that has a ttk of ping.or the jackhammer, or the bolt action........ ahhhh you know, i forgot, tr cant insta kill ****, only the nc can. 1 damage 1 health, yea your playing this game already bra
  4. Tasogie

oh god no. giving everyone everything is bad, making everything equal is even worse. That is something activision or blizzard would do. We dont need such crap here. Diversity is king in games an trouble today is devs have forgotten that. Plus players dont like it when they dont have what the guy next to them has. So this sort of thread happens all time, an it will keep happening till devs take notice sadly.

or, you jsut make a round room to spawn in, everyone goes into that room 1 gun 1 never ending bullet, that you pay 5$ for.... an just death match it. that is basically what your asking. So none has a perceived advantage.
    Funny thing is, no race in PS2 has the upper hand at all. some people jsut cant see it, because all they are worried about is someone has something they dont.
  5. MilitiaMan

I was following you up until the point you through Jackhammer in there...

I couldn't stop laughing, if you have died to the JH. You're either terrible, or AFK.
  6. Jimmy DeSouza

Your vid is **** (as is everything they have ever put out unfortunately).

Thier 1 and only complaint against perfect balance is that it causes the rise of "ideal approaches" and such. That completely ignores the fact that every game gives rise to "ideal approaches". Look up things like build-move orders COH, C&C. Hell even in fpses you get ideal map routes and engagement spots.

To the OP, perfect symmetry is the only way to balance, but as you have seen PS2 players dont want balance, they want whining :D. And so the nerf batulum swings.
  7. rumblepit

thats very funny you said that, because tr are vs almost mirror each other. but the nc went on a 3 week campaign crying about tr being op, then we get the first update and a tr nerf. now i see nc crying about the vs being op..... after they got their buff...... lol this will gone on for years.
    • Up x 1
  8. JimRussle

Reductio ad absurdum
  9. rumblepit

you dont know how to use it??? im sorry bra, need to get good and sucklees. stick it in someones eye and shoot. it has a ttk of ping. avg .20 milla secs..... my mcg takes a sec to shoot 1 round.
  10. MilitiaMan

Funny stuff man, even the second time.
  11. rumblepit

im sure you will figure out how to use it one day...... cqc+ jackhammer = godddd...... learn to aim and you mite see some interesting results :)
  12. MilitiaMan

You sure you didn't get hit by it with like 1 health left?

I see maybe 2 NC a night with it at best, why? Because its garbage?

Mini-Chaingun garbage? Bro, you're doing it wrong.

Try this, keep clicking the fire button. It keeps the barrel spinning turning a 1 second fire time into .2 seconds.

I walk into a room with the MCG and drop everything in sight, get the extended clip for 200 rounds and just point it at a door and hold the button down....profit.

There, an NC told you how to play your faction. Move along please, the stench of you TR fail is overwhelming..
  13. Alexii

this =)
  14. Autarkis

I'll give you a better option: Allow people to loot guns off of each other, cross-faction, or a similar mechanic that enables usage of other faction weaponry.
  15. Ghacero

If this change was made then it would remove diversity and it would just be red vs blue vs purple, personally I like how the factions are different.
  16. JimRussle

Isnt it already this way? Is there really a different strategy to play against any faction? The differences are pretty small already
  17. Littleman

The TR's SABR-13 is essentially the NC's Gauss rifle without a full auto mode.

The NC's Carnage BR and GR-22 are essentially the TRV or TAR, only with an ever so slightly slower RoF and with less ammo per magazine. However, the Carnage has access to both a 2x foregrip and a 2x laser pointer, and even a compensator, so it's a GREAT all rounder weapon that can be set up to be rather superb in any situation. Additionally, the Carnage and BR have initially tighter hip-fire CoF's than the TRV. The TAR is on par, though fires slightly slower than the TRV, so in actuality, it's probably on par with the Carnage, except it trades off foregrips and compensators for 10 extra rounds.

I haven't looked into VS weaponry. Spending cash on two empires is more than enough.

I can't say for certain if LMG's and carbines follow the same cross-empire variations.

The cross-empire idioms are already in game, they just come in the form of the side grade weaponry one certs into or pays for with SC.
  18. MilitiaMan

Yep, this game is racist.

The Reds oppress the Blues and Purples.

**** happens.

Blues and Purples break free.

Blues fight back.

Purples go crazy and attack everyone.

Reds go "We are screwed!"

Blues have pie and cookies.
  19. rumblepit

wow this tells me so much right here................. dude really thinks there is a idle on the mcg lmmmmfaooooo..... dosnt matter what you do guy, spin up is 1 sec.NO MATTER WHAT. play some tr and try it. then come and talk to me.
  20. Flarestar

The problem with balance is not that the weapons are different.

It's that the classes per faction aren't. NC <class> is identical to Vanu <class> is identical to TR <class> barring the guns themselves.

You have to balance more than just ability to do damage to actually reach balance, and that isn't actually done here on anything but the vehicle level. And to be fair, the vehicles are substantially more balanced than infantry combat is.