Would people care if all factions weapons were mirrored?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JimRussle, Dec 12, 2012.

1. JimRussle

What if all three faction's weapons were visually different but had the same stats?

Just curious what you guys think...
  2. MNO

Loss of faction identity.

No thanks.
    • Up x 1
  3. rumblepit

nope. im all for it..... let skill determine the winner. different skins, different effects,same stats..... perfect balance :)
    • Up x 2
  4. Meurtos

If I was SoE I would do it in a patch, then see if people are still complaining. That would show you how much you should listen to the forums.
    • Up x 4
  5. Rivenshield

I think you're the guy they made this new game for.
  6. TheBloodEagle

^ this
  7. AtomicGerman

They did this with Frontlines: Fuel of War. Game died off in a year. It was SO balanced that it was literally no fun whatsoever.
  8. KingCrimson

I'd hate it, I actually think they're too similar as it is.
  9. Vikarius

I would love this, just keep diff weapon sounds/animations/skins but have same stats, balance issues 100x easier.

The ONLY weapons that would have sep stats would be heavy weapons (Lasher/chaingun/jackhammer), and maybe tank gunner weapons
  10. ShadowWolf TR

then the only difference between us and the enemy are the colors...
    besides each faction's weapons are a different playing style
  11. Murderin

Not at all, i would be happy if all vehicles were removed too.
  12. Phyr

Default weapons should be closer I think, but the shop weapons can stay how they are.
  13. sebo

the weapons can be different in many ways, sound, projectile type, etc.. while still all making similar damage.
  14. TheBloodEagle

SOE plz make this Counter-Side2
  15. Tasogie

removal of diversity hell no. Then all your left with is some dribble like cs/quake etc... pass.
    • Up x 1
  16. bPostal

Backpacks and Lockers! Solves all the problems.
  17. 13lackCats

Red vs Blue vs Green.

No thanks, been there done that.
    BOOOORING.
  18. JimRussle

I see your opinion, but CS and Quake were/are historically considered to be some the best competitive games. In fact, CS is still one of the top 10 most played games on steam.
  19. Vempire

What i liked about PS1 was able to pick up another factions weapons and use/store it.
    • Up x 2
  20. Tasogie

lol I dont know about that. Tribes 1-2 were rated as the fastest FPS ever made. an the most popular. I remember CS players coming to try out tribes, an they always left cos it was too fast for them to keep up.

But, anyway, I will never understand why people want everything to be same. removal of diversity is one of the worst things ever thought of in gaming.