Adding Insult to Disrespect - The Horns. Thanks SOO Much SOE...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NevilClavain, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NevilClavain

NOT HIS

People flip gals, spam the proximity chat, etc. There are a GAZILLION of ways to troll and grief, and there are ways to deal with this, moderators and /report being two of them...so, yeah. definitely NOT THIS
  2. Yosarian

Yeah and running flashes in that space between the ceiling panels until they sound like sirens...they have plenty of ways to troll I'm happy they have to shell out $7 for another, because if when these idiots get banned for some anti social BS they'll have to buy it again.
  3. Alexii

I am willing to pay 650 for horn to my sunder ONLY if they add TARDIS sound to me when i deploy.
    • Up x 1
  4. Yosarian

THAT would be freakin sweet
  5. NevilClavain

There are plenty of ways to troll, flipping gals and proxy spamming to name a few, so there goes that argument. People constantly complain about being run over and this is a needed feature, so there goes that argument. And explain how this would be useful to an outfit in ANY way. Keep in mind, I'm an outfit leader and we have 110+ members, so this I would love to hear.
  6. Yosarian

or OOOO THE TRANSFORMERS SOUND
    • Up x 1
  7. NevilClavain

One of the best comments on here; yes it is a courtesy item, not just a trolling item. Grow up people I don't like getting run over either and if I'm in a sundy and have a horn, you can be sure I'll give you the courtesy to let you know I'm coming rather than just *ploughs through infantry mob* to have you respawn...
  8. NevilClavain

takes me back :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Minimum Force

The fact of the matter is that people (myself included) see a standard feature being thrown into the luxury bin. If folks don't take a stand now and voice their opinion then what's to stop SOE or other F2P models from charging for standard features? I agree that if the price is not desirable then don't purchase it.

But how would you feel if you were sold a car, truck, SUV, bus, etc and it didn't come with a horn? I hope you would be up in arms because it's standard in most vehicles. Now in a game it serves as a luxury item in the sense that a custom sound replaces the standard horn.
  10. NevilClavain

Ok so here's the deal - you and the rest of you won't complain when I roll right through you, making you have to respawn :) Deal?
  11. Yosarian

See? angry *** TR.... it's helpful to an outfit because when you're waiting on that one guy fiddling with his certs you can be like "beep beep cmon dude" that's about the only real use for it, it's infantry's job to not get run over by armor, they're a tank you're infantry...you can move the math out of the way (I'm infantry or air 90% of the time and I almost never get run over because I PAY ATTENTION)
  12. dr_Fell

This game is not chips and I am not a buddy. Learn how to be polite before getting back here.

You clearly lack of logic if You are sending me to econ class.
  13. KraggTheGrim

I can draw that conclusion based on all the games i played where horn were implemented, and never used to inform me to get out of the way of a moving vehical. If a person sees you as being in their way and they think its on purpose they are going to run you over. If you are in another vehical they are going to ram you off the road.

PS1 is no different from PS2 when it comes to people wanting that prime spot to park their tank, their AMS. They are not going to honk their horn to inform people to clear the way before muscling in on the spot they want. I cant begin to even count how many times i have been in a prime spot and been run over by a tank wanting that same firing point, or again that tank ramming me off the cliff so they could have it.

I horn is going to be used by a griefer or enemy operator to taunt your death. Those people that are nice enough on your team to use a horn to inform you of their position, they really don't need it because they were looking out for you to being with. They (and I) are already on the look out to not run over friendly troops.
  14. Yosarian

See here's the thing, if the sundy driver can see the guy to honk at, he can just not run him over...most of the TKs from vehicles happen when they don't see the person, so wouldn't have honked anyway.
  15. NevilClavain

Yeap, good points all around it is and ought to be a standard feature, I believe several interviews say it was supposed to be anyways and that a feature IS needed to alert players to reduce TK rates, so in that sense it is NOT a luxury/vanity item. Can we please stop with this already.

And take a stand against being used; you don't have to be 60 yrs old and experienced to see when a company is pushing thing a wee bit too far.
  16. eatdachicken

I heard about the horn, went on the store, saw the price and instantly /facepalmed. No way I'm paying 6$ for a freaking horn, that's just stupid guys. I mean, comon, it's a FREAKING HORN :S
    • Up x 1
  17. NevilClavain

Actually no, most of the TKs happen when I drive a sundy and cant stop fast enough...if you've driven one you know what I'm talking about, this thing doesn't stop on a dime...
  18. Corway

It's a cosmetic item. How does this impact you at all?
  19. NevilClavain

yep, this. A horn that's supposed to be a standard feature for reducing TKs
  20. Yosarian

I agree it's a bad price if you're gauging it on being a useful item, however I'll bet my next paycheck if they made it free tomorrow there wouldn't be a single less TK as a result
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.