[Suggestion] Refund the HA AV weapon since patch changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrincessFrosty, Dec 12, 2012.

1. VoidMagic

I've got no issue with the G2A dumbfiring like or even a little less than the default. Im sure this is the case, and I will know soon enough anywhoo. In generally I need it to dumbfire at ranges within 50m realistically to retain it's primary utilization for me as anti-max or close range anti-tank. Im not gonna lie having it work like a laser sniper rifle and getting insane rear armor shots off on moving tanks at insane deflection angles was nice... but... unnecessary.
  2. Dralger

But at least I could still use it as a melee weapons vs a tank point blank without a lock, right? :)
  3. Dralger

Yes that is fine with me as well, still not home to be able to test it but I never needed it to have better dumbfire than stock launcher, hell it could even have worse dumbfire and I'd still be ok with that (I can learn to compensate). All is better than no dumbfire at all. Anxious to try it out tonight.
  4. hostilechild

Dumbfire is still in, however i hear the drop is insane. Fair enough.
  5. Przemogce

ok fellows i see 90% of you talk only about "ok they nerfed dumb-fire its ok let them nerf more weapons"... OK !! Let them do this but -> they should give something else instead to make this weapon work like intended. Now u get only 15% actual hits on planes and only 5% of planes u damaged are killed by you. AA Hawk S@CK bad !! u need 10 shots to kill liberator 15 shots to kill galaxy and it will take you 3 mins of shoting target to kill it. any reaver mosquito etc. if it see its locked it just fly forward and avoid getting hit because rocket is so slow. Even leaves on trees destroy aa hawk rocket. THIS WEAPON IS WORTHLESS IT DO NOTHIG. Only reason to buy it is to show friends that you are rich and you have nothing to spend your credits on
  6. Alexii

Like 10 lines....
    If my post was a wall of text - then i have no idea how are u planing to live ur life. I wonder how do u read books. They are made of walls of texts u know. I guess u dont.

U lost an argument. U wrote smth and then claimed the opposite. Rather then admitting to it - u decided to play offended and called in the support. Thats fine. Fact remains. U know it and i know it =)
  7. Supercakers

You mean you can't singlehandedly down any air vehicle with one shot? Oh no, OH NO! Even just partnering with one other AA person is great deterrent (DETERRENT! which is what it is suppose to be), or get a couple more and/or burster maxes and an engi - congrats, you have locked down an area for the most part against air. I bought the AA launcher two days before the announcement, I was going to buy it even if it didn't have dumb-fire mode. Now, it is even better against air (6 second reload instead of 8), and it still retains dumbfire for those OH @#$! moments when anything would be better than.. nothing. Which it is. One shot from behind still does almost half damage to a tank. It doesn't even cost any resources! Ok, so I can't snipe infantry with it anymore, oh well =)
  8. siiix

they did not go trough with that update, the rocket launcher works nearly the same as it was before :)

try it before you post

YAY to no forced lock !

BUT it does seem to be less effective, it would be nice to get it back the way it was , it was near perfect !
  9. Dralger

The way I see it is that they should create two more launchers as options. Ones that can fire ONLY locked onto Air or Ground vehicles, but that excel at it. Then they could leave our lock / dumbfire hybrids alone, and keep them inferior in dumbfire mode compared to stock, and inferior in lock on mode compared to the lock on only variants but with the most versatility. That would make the most sense, and let them tweak things seperately plus offer people the most choice:

1. Stock launcher - Accurate Dumbfire (should be straight line, lower damage than Decimator)
    2. Decimator - High damage Dumbfire (more drop than stock, slower projectile speed, highest damage rocket overall)
    3. AV Lock / Dumbfire Hybrid - The locking AV launcher we've had, worse trajectory than stock, lower damage too, but can lock onto vehicles... though not as well as the locking only AV launcher.
    4. AA Lock / Dumbfire Hybrid - The locking AA launcher we've had, worse trajectory than stock, lower damage too, but can lock onto aircraft... though not a well as the locking only AA launcher.
    5. AV Lock only launcher - NO DUMBFIRE mode, but locks onto ground vehicles faster than the AV Lock hybrid, does higher damage, missile speed is faster and maybe even have a trajectory to go up and crash down onto tops of vehicles to beat "hull down" tanks positioned behind rocks etc.
    6. AA Lock only launcher - NO DUMBFIRE mode, but locks onto air vehicles faster than the AA lock hybrid, does higher damage, missile speed is faster and maybe even ignores the immunity timer after a flare pop (though lock still broken if launched before flare pop).

This is my opinion on how they should set up the infantry launchers. Those that want accurate dumbfire at long range could go with #1, those that want close range max damage (for MAX's indoors, tanks in a courtyard could go with #2. Those that want versatility (at a price) and focus more on the ground could go with #3, those that want versatility (at a price) and focus more on the air could go with #4. Those who want to specialize at tank hunting could go with #5 and those who want to specialize at aircraft hunting could go with #6.

This would give everyone a launcher that suits their needs, and each one could be tweaked to keep it in balance compared to the others. Now if they want to help ground vs Air they could buff #6 without buffing #4 and we wouldn't have to worry that they were also making it OP vs ground, and those who are willing to accept less power for versatility could still keep their toy.

Thoughts?
  10. Thurwell

Another thing they could do, is put in an arming range for the lock on rockets. That combined with a decent drop off would make them difficult to use as dumb fire rockets, but still an option when desperate. By arming range I mean the rocket needs to travel 10m or so before it arms and explodes, so you can't use it to gib infantry in the face. And then the dropoff is to make it less accurate at range. Right now the pure dumb fire rocket does more damage than the two lockons, but it doesn't seem to be enough to encourage people to use it. Plus, unless it's been changed today, the base dumbfire has too much drop to be effective at range.

I think most missiles in the real world have an arming system like this.
  11. Golgo13

I dono about you but my nemesis still fires without a lock-on. The bullet drop is insane though.
  12. MexelVanMexelen

So were we trolled deliberately or was it just another epic fail with the patch notes?
    I'm not sure which is worse...