[Suggestion] Refund the HA AV weapon since patch changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrincessFrosty, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Archaegeo

It got removed from the patch notes, you can still dumbfire lockons
  2. VoidMagic

Please do not discuss legal topics the thread will be locked. It's also pointless and petty.

Our world runs on $$$$, the answer your looking for is right in your wallet, and should be used to "vote" for companies and policies that aford you value. If you feel cheated, simply do not purchase any more Sony products. Feel free to write to Sony and tell them why also. If you only spend cash on companies that treat you well, in general the whole world gets better for everyone. It's our last and only hope honestly, it's the only "leverage" that works.
    • Up x 3
  3. Cyridius

Pretty much my point on anything when it comes to disagreements with companies.
  4. Brissles

Might be directed at the wrong guy here, I was simply commenting on how this thread is about AV not AA.

I didn't even buy lock-on AV.
  5. VoidMagic

Unfortunately, dollar voting, business ethics and basic economics are sadly lacking in the US education system. The addition of those simple concepts even at a basic level would make the world so much better for everyone.
  6. Dralger

No they just decided to nerf even harder than originally planned. And I will vote with my wallet by not supporting PS2 any further.

Its easy to sit on the outside and criticize those upset over this change now, but keep in mind this precedent means they can and WILL do this with any type of item or weapon in the game. Eventually something you bought and use will get changed and you won't like it either. I hope all you defenders of SOE will conduct yourself then as you suggest we do now.
    • Up x 1
  7. MrLee.NO

Removing dumb fire would be ok if they added more functionality.

Take the Javelin rocket in BF3. It was lock on. Did it suck to use alone? Yes. However, if you got someone to laze a target, it would do a top down attack against the tank, for much, much better damage against Vehicles. If they want to remove dumb fire from AV rockets, they should look into giving it something like that.

AA lock on is meh whatever. Never expected it to be dumb fire anyway.
  8. Alexii

U stated : " It shoots air better then it did before"
    I stated that while AV got an upgrade in lock on time and reload speed - AA did NOT. Makes ur post a lie. It does NOT shoot air better then before. It shoots air the same as it did before. Thats it.Have a nice day.
  9. Cyridius

Damn I'm ********.
  10. Timperium

The AV nerf makes it completely useless. Trying to run around a vehicle and then realise OH no i have to lock on.

Stupid. It's a downgrade now.
  11. Tamas

You can still dumb fire them!!!!

OH THE GLORIOUS JOY!
    • Up x 1
  12. Metsuro

They even removed it from the patch notes.
  13. Bearcat

Actually, we have the best leverage - more money to spend. SoE wants us to keep spending money, and I'm sure they don't want a lot of customers that are hesitant to spend their money due to events like this.

I think most of us agree to the balance change, but the change included a functionality change (not just a buff/nerf) that would have affected our initial decision to purchase the item. If they give refunds, we're just going to spend the money on another item, so SoE has nothing to lose and everything to gain by offering cert or SC refunds.
  14. Tamas

Awesome. Faith in humanity restored, ALL IS OK!
    • Up x 1
  15. VoidMagic

I would be so relieved... I just want to remain an SOE fanboi. please... please... let this be true... lol
    There's so much c@rp I wanna buy, and buggies aren't even out yet...
    • Up x 1
  16. dienekes00

Excellent! Wonderful news, SOE. Part of why I've been so shocked by this change is because you guys have been so good about so many changes, in this dev cycle. Take the Tank Mine reversion, for instance. Another great rollback. Thanks so much, guys! Keep faith with us, and we'll keep spending money.
    • Up x 2
  17. Warna Bayangan

Just buy camos and cosmetics... they won't nerf those.... I... hope
    /me looks at previous posts "keep my innocence intact please people :,("
  18. PrincessFrosty

This a straw man of my argument, I'm not asking for all purchases affected by patches to be refundable neither is anyone else in this thread, and anticipation for this kind of reply I specifically stated that I do not have an issue with minor balance changes to weapon stats.

But there is an important distinction between minor stat changes and changing the way the weapon fundamentally works, that difference needs to be acknowledged and seen as unreasonable by SOE and either not done in the first place, or refundable to keep players happy.
  19. Przemogce

i also want a refund for my worthless AA Hawk :( i bought it about 36h ago so that nerf hurt me a lot :(
  20. Dralger

Wow that would be great news, haven't been able to log in to play yet (stupid job...) but I really hope they did reconsider this move. I was never one to ask for a refund (30 minutes of work haha whatever) but I wanted to have this game remain fun to play as an infantryman so that I can sink more years and $$ into my beloved beloved Planetside Universe (old PS1 vet here).

Huzzah !
    • Up x 1